• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best SINGLE PLAYER user made RPGs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've been working on WC3 maps on and off for a while, most multiplayer maps. But since the only thing people play on multiplayer is DOTA I've decided to try an RPG.

I want to play through a few other people made to get a feel for how I should do it.

Level 10
A really good thing about sp rpg maps is the no size limit so you can have all the wonderful resources that can be found for wc3 but there is a huge disadvantage of a sp rpg.. it's sp :/ but if your going to create a sp rpg then you should create really epic terrain with much heigh variation, nice doodads, atmosphere etc. (most maps i've tried has little to none heigh variation, very plain terrain and all really looks flat) you should also a big selection of heroes and classes maybe also a system for alligment (you could choose to do good or evil things) where good things could make you famous among the people and you would be helped by guards when in trouble, but if you would to walk the path of evil guards would despice you, the people will fear you and you might become the leader of a pack of bandits. There shouldn't really be a strict questline you have to follow you should be able to do what ever you want (go to the pub and get drunk and start bar-fights if you feel like it, or maybe get married to someone, maybe someone of the same sex) but to become known to all you need to complete great deeds (maybe save a maiden from a horrible troll) or why not help bandits and thiefs do their dirty deeds (pillaging, raiding and such). The level cap should be really high and leveling shouldn't be to fast and not to slow, the should also be diffrent proffesions and such when your not questing or whatever, you could for an example cut down trees in a area and create a house where you could rest, without rest you would start to loose mana over time. There is no limits to what you could do for a sp rpg. These are all rough ideas hope you like them.

Last edited:
Level 8
Yes, "When the Freedom Slips Away" is a good one, but quite short :(
I can recommend:

- Mystery of Friza (Aeroblyctos is the creator, afaik :D... Aero FTW)
- The Chosen Ones (Ok it's a campaign, but pack that in a sp rpg and .... woah. btw: Creator = Aeroblyctos ^_^)

Sadly only these two. I forgot the name's of the rest

Level 4
Yes, "When the Freedom Slips Away" is a good one, but quite short :(
I can recommend:

- Mystery of Friza (Aeroblyctos is the creator, afaik :D... Aero FTW)
- The Chosen Ones (Ok it's a campaign, but pack that in a sp rpg and .... woah. btw: Creator = Aeroblyctos ^_^)

Sadly only these two. I forgot the name's of the rest

actually RPG campaign is what i meant. I really enjoyed the single player, and the orc campaign in the expansion was awesome. I wanted to do something sort of in a modern day setting, I made like a city block with some of the modern day buildings and textures from the hive and it looks kind of cool.

Level 8
Maps

It might be hard to find my recommendations. That's why i will upload them here :)

<attached>

PS: Some non-mentioned ones are added, too.

EDIT: @Mechanical Man: There is one custom camera rpg (it'S attached "-Zombie IslandThe curse of the lost city" and "Rurouni ...")

If i can, I search for more :)

Attachments

• SA Marine assaultv25SOLO_BETA1_00.w3x
    3.9 MB · Views: 78
  • Zombie Island - The Curse of the Lost City - R2.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • RurouniShinji.w3x
    236.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Phoenix v0.05.w3x
    287.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Lycantrophy1.09.w3x
    4.6 MB · Views: 84
  • rpg105en-1229103877.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
Level 4
One trend i've noticed is that most seem to be almost impossibly hard. Is that intentional or do I just suck?

I really like the Galica one

Status
Not open for further replies.