• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Strategy / Risk] Battle of Berlin 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Reichstag is main objective of the game:
Reichstag2.png

Armor_piercing.png

As you can see there are custom attack and defense types :
Attack types:
Fireams - deals extra damage to unarmored targets and reduced damage to heavy armor and fortified targets
Sniper - deals extra damage to unarmoured targets and no damage to heavy armor and fortified targets
Armor Piercing - deals extra damage to heavy armour
Explosive - deals extra damage to fortified targets

Defense types:
Unarmored - infantry, snipers, engineers, panzerfaust man...
Heavy armor - Tanks
Fortified - buildings and defensive structures

Note: almost everything can kill everything (but with right numbers of course :D )

General Gameplay mechanics:
For those who yet do not know its soviets vs. nazis... soviets win if they carpture reichstag in time and kill hitler
Gold is named "reinforcements" and lumberis named "special resources"
Axis use gold for all units and lumber for defensive structures
Soviets use gold for organic units and lumber for tanks

Income:
Every minutes every axis player gain 100 gold (they are 4) and every soviet player 200 gold (they are 7)
Every minute every axis player gain 100 lumber and every soviet player 100 lumber
For each flak soviets destroy all soviet players gains 200 lumber
Soviets seem to have advantage but wait there is more...

Every soviet player has also two big artillery batteries which fire automatically on enemies with incredible range (but 30 seconds reload time) and if they destroy flaks in sector they can use powerfull airstrike in that sector.(there are 4 sectors totally, one sector defend one axis player)
- massing defences near Reichstag is not option for axis players, because their concentrated defences will be easy target for airstrikes if flaks are undefended

Here you can see range of airstrike in sectors:
air_strike.png

The range of big artillery batteries are approximatelly 33% less.
The crosses are positions of Flaks

So it seems easy win for soviets right? Well not so fast axis have these defences:
types_of_defences.png

1. Metal Fence - slows enemy units by 80% and reduce their attack rate by 50% (does not affect tanks) cost 5 wood to build and has 500 hitpoints
2. Barbed Wire - damages enemy units who walk over it (does not affect tanks) cost 10 wood to build and has 800 hitpoints
3. Sandbags - gives cover to firendly units (they take 30% less damage, does not affect tanks) cost 15 wood to build has 1000 hitpoints
4. Trench and Sandbags gives heavy cover to friendly units (they take 60% less damage, does not affect tanks) cost 25 wood to build has 1500 hitpoints
5. Anti tank barricade - just blocks way cost 20 wood 2000 hitpoints
6. Heavy anti tank barricade - can not be build in berlin are made three lines of defence of these They have 5000 hitpoints and are neutral passive so they do not distract soviet troops
7. Bunker with machine gun 2000 hitpoints, firearms attack, cost 60 wood to build
8. Anti-tank gun 1000 hitpoints, armor piercing attack, cost 60 wood to build
9. Hidden Bunker -durable cannot be build
Also Axis players have placed some factories randomly on map where can they salvage tank every few minutes...

Also Axis have default defences from start of game which control computer player and they consit of:
372 barbed wires
172 sandbags
102 Trench and Sandbags
82 tank barricades
22 fences
46 bunkers
12 advanced bunkers
49 Anti tank guns
250 anti-tank mines
255 infantry
28 Panzerfaust Soldiers
10 snipers
1 Panzer IV
1 Tiger Tank
It may look it is too much and whole city is one big fort... but thats not right look at minimap from axis perspective:
Defences.png

I will also show soviet minimap, as you can see they have marked position of Flaks
soviet_look.png

How it looks at start of game?
Firt Three minutes nobody has any income only Axis start with 1000 lumber and five engineers, 4 near flaks and one in the middle of their sector. Axis need improve Berlin defences in these three minutes
After three minutes everybody starts getting their regular income

Map is based on this picture:
berlinbattle1.jpg

And players are:
Axis
20th Infantry Division
11th SS Panzergrenadier Division
18th Panzergrenadier Division
9th Parachute Division
Waffen-SS (computer player)

Soviets
2nd GDS.Tank Army
3rd Shock Army
5th Shock Army
8th GDS. Army
1st GDS Tank Army
28th Army
3rd GDS. Tank Army

-originally was defense of Berlin divided into 8 sectors (A-H) but in my map it will be 4
-the map is not particually nice, it is made mainly for that feel for defending / attacking berlin in 1945 :)
-map size is 352x352 so it is really big town :p

Victory conditions:
Soviets win if they destroy Reichstag and kill hitler which will spawn....

Axis have chance to win if they survive 40 minutes then for each defending player will spawn part of of steiners army
Goal of this army will be save people in raichstag, one person will spawn per defending player:
Hitler for Red
Goebels for blue
Eva Braun for Teal
HItler´s Kid for Purple
They will be invunerable until they leave area of reichstag...
If one of these person reach border of map Axis won the game!
If all these persons die Axis Lost the game! so it is highly advisable to try secure one path from reichstag with Steiners reinforcements!

Soviet units cost:
1 regular soldier cost 10 gold
1 grenadier cost 30 gold
1 sniper cost 200 gold
1 T34 cost 66 wood
1 IS 4 cost 100 wood

Axis units cost:
1 regular soldier cost 10 gold
1 panzerfaust cost 30 gold
1 sniper cost 200 gold
1 salvaged Panzer IV cost 60 gold
1 salvaged Tiger cost 120

I should probably explain how sniper works:
he can attack only organic unit and he one shot kills them ( but has longer cooldown and if unit is in heavy cover, it should survive with around 20% hp)
only other snipers and bunkers can see snipers soo if you have problems with enemy sniper sending like two infantry soldiers let their sniper fire and then fire with you sniper is legit strategy...(they are exposed when firing)

Map is ready to be played but good luck with finding 11 non-leaver players
-it is unprotected, but do not mess it up and if you do do not host it :D
-if you plan to play it with clan or something let me know I would like to play it too...

Credits:
I thank to these people for models:
Mechanical Man
Teaspoon
SuPa-
Kofi_Banan - like five times thank :)
SataX
Illidan(Evil)X - thank you many times too :)
RED BARON
Lord-T-Rex
Uncle Fester
communist_orc
Qassam33
Ice
Ket
inhuman89
Fingolfin
HerrDave

I thank these people for Icons:
zombie2279
4eNNightmare
Huinipachutli
AlienArsonist
SkriK
Nicklas
Captain_Rufar
Illidan(Evil)X
The_Silent
AlienArsonist
AlexSilva

And finally big thank to Pyramidhe@d for Steampunk UI

Attachments

• Battle of Berlin 1945 v2.5.w3x
    3.3 MB · Views: 219
Level 8
I am remaking this, it will be 2 player map.

Map is split in half and both parts are identical.
Player 1 will start as Axis defending and Player 2 start as soviets attacking.
Once Player 2 destroys Reichstag both players will move to second part of map where Player 2 will be Axis defending and Player 1 will be Soviets attacking.
Game ends when reichstag is destroyed again, player with better time wins!

This is basic layout I made so far:
Battle_of_Berlin_2_player.jpg

I dont give any promises on relase date since I still kinda play wow and legion is coming xD

Edit: ye, terrain is copy paste atm, I want make it playable and then see if it worthy of detailed terrain (as I made playabale original 11 player version and then saw there are not people for it, so I did not waste time on detailed terrain in original version)

Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks, neven1 is refering to 2 player version we just tested, so I am uploading it here with replay :p

Funny thing he was just some random guy when we were testing it, did not expect fast response here :)

(it is also uploaded to ENT bot)

Edit: I know about typo in loading screen :C

Attachments

• Battle of Berlin 2.6b 2P.w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 149
  • Battle of Berlin 1945 2p.w3g
    416.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks, neven1 is refering to 2 player version we just tested, so I am uploading it here with replay :p

Funny thing he was just some random guy when we were testing it, did not expect fast response here :)

(it is also uploaded to ENT bot)

Edit: I know about typo in loading screen :C

Ye it's me!I must watch that replay again to learn your tactics!

EDIT:

(1)maybe attackers can get some different units like flamethrower it can be effective against mass of gun armies mby.

(2)And i know you already have air strike but maybe you can add another one where they drop bomb to destroy houses so it can create an extra passage ;p but not sure if that can be too op

(3) Maybe you can add Reverse-engineer unit to the attackers.Their role would be to take over enemy buildings that produce tanks/units but they should be expensive like 300g and 100 lumber.The reason of this is it takes time for enemy to spawn units and to take them all the way up but if you think this might be too OP then i understand.

(4) maybe around the upper base you can add trench around it(google it if you are not formilier with the word).So your units can go through it and attack from below which would block tanks.You can add wooden bridgers to cross them.Try using those purple box blockers instead of some wall around it just saying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.