• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Battle for the Eastern Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as I read, this is also a campaign?
Now that falls under my gaming categories. :)
I'm in? Yay! :D

MUI - Multi-unit Instanceability. It means that the trigger can run for multiple units at the same time.
GUI - Graphic User Interface. The most simple type of triggering. How do you use GUI? Go to the Trigger Editor, and just trigger normally. That's already GUI. :D

Level 29
well for priest I could recommend:

Holy Touch
Targets both ally or enemy unit. If the target is an ally unit, it will gain hit points. If the target unit is an enemy, it will damage the enemy.

Level 1 - Heals or Damages 100
Level 2 - Heals or Damages 150
Level 3 - Heals or Damages 200
Level 4 - Heals or Damages 250
Level 5 - Heals or Damages 300

mckill2009, try adding a bit more spice.
If the target is an ally unit, it will gain hit points and will recieve an armor bonus for x seconds. If the target unit is an enemy, it will damage the enemy and it will reduce the target's armor.
Level 1 - Heals or Damages 100, ± 2 armor.
Level 1 - Heals or Damages 150, ± 3 armor.
Level 1 - Heals or Damages 200, ± 4 armor.
Level 1 - Heals or Damages 250, ± 5 armor.
Level 1 - Heals or Damages 300, ± 6 armor.
You set the duration.

Level 9
mckill2009 said:
well for priest I could recommend:

Holy Touch
Targets both ally or enemy unit. If the target is an ally unit, it will gain hit points. If the target unit is an enemy, it will damage the enemy.

Level 1 - Heals or Damages 100
Level 2 - Heals or Damages 150
Level 3 - Heals or Damages 200
Level 4 - Heals or Damages 250
Level 5 - Heals or Damages 300
I'd say they're perfect for a Priest/Healer but at the same time it's not very different from Holy light, some spice as indomi suggested might be needed.

mckill2009, try adding a bit more spice.
If the target is an ally unit, it will gain hit points and will recieve an armor bonus for x seconds. If the target unit is an enemy, it will damage the enemy and it will reduce the target's armor.
Level 1 - Heals or Damages 100, ± 2 armor.
Level 1 - Heals or Damages 150, ± 3 armor.
Level 1 - Heals or Damages 200, ± 4 armor.
Level 1 - Heals or Damages 250, ± 5 armor.
Level 1 - Heals or Damages 300, ± 6 armor.
You set the duration.

the Idea sounds good to me but like your campaign this one also has 2 Heroes
will be needing some thing equally negative to balance the things up
as here they will be leading an army most of the time instead of being alone

I'm not sure but what do you guys think of a Negative buff on the unit like Slowed Movement Speed or slowed attack speed units or maybe the unit stays stunned for 2-3 secs (or just remove the enemy damage factor)

EDIT : Read Heal over time now:grin: that would be a good spell(resembling healing salve though)
just leme know if the above negative effect is good enough if the spell might be like a Holy light one shot heal.

Level 9
it's very different than Holy Light, coz Holy Touch spell is NOT instant heal and damage...it's a combination of rejuvenation and unholy frenzy...but still indomitable1319's of adding armor is better...I will make one of it this day...

yes I've noticed it :grin:
about making them I'd say we rather discuss and confirm all spell before it:goblin_good_job:

EDIT
Blindman said:
Well if you need ideas, don't hesitate to ask me.
yes, all Ideas/Suggestions will be accepted, currently trying to decide the spells for the Human characters.

Level 19
Tarson Lionheart
1. Healing Bash - Tarson Lionheart cloaks his fist with holy magic then hits it with great force at the target unit. The target is then stunned and knocked back.
2. Holy Force - Tarson Lionheart heals a friendly unit with x hp but if targeted an enemy unit, they are damaged, if targets an undead, they are greatly damaged.
3. Faith and Power - Tarson Lionheart's unparalleled power and great faith cannot be matched. His power helps him to deal x% bonus damage on enemies and allows him to give nearby friendly units an aura that heals them when very close to him. Passive skill.
4. Zeus Hammer - Tarson Lionheart uses the power of light to enlarge himself and then cloaks it with great holy power. After he does it, he jumps, then smashes them. Then he attacks then at the kidney then lastly he roars to summon all his power then he crushes them. Deals huge damage. If the enemy unit still lives, they are stunned for a long time.

Seth Anderson
1. Battle Strike - Seth charges the enemy with his blade swiftly. This teleports him to their back and makes the enemy very bloody. Stuns the enemy due to fear.
2. Drill Slash - Seth rotates himself vertically and charges his enemy. He pierces then then also makes the enemy very bloody. Stuns the enemy due to fear.
3. Bloodlust - Whenever the enemy bleeds when he attacks or casts a spell, he becomes more excited on battle. this increases his battle damage every time he attacks. But he's hp becomes more lower when he attacks.
4. Gore - Seth cloaks his blade with blood from his pas victims and performs a dance. This dance lasts for x seconds. When he is done, he strikes his blade greatly which almost kills the enemy.

Level 9
@MrStormyZ

well it's just my sugesstion...anyway Im making it to have more experience...

oh! no problem then. I thought you were making it for the project

Tarson Lionheart
1. Healing Bash - Tarson Lionheart cloaks his fist with holy magic then hits it with great force at the target unit. The target is then stunned and knocked back. can be used
2. Holy Force - Tarson Lionheart heals a friendly unit with x hp but if targeted an enemy unit, they are damaged, if targets an undead, they are greatly damaged. one will be of this type
3. Faith and Power - Tarson Lionheart's unparalleled power and great faith cannot be matched. His power helps him to deal x% bonus damage on enemies and allows him to give nearby friendly units an aura that heals them when very close to him. Passive skill. hmm I like it
4. Zeus Hammer - Tarson Lionheart uses the power of light to enlarge himself and then cloaks it with great holy power. After he does it, he jumps, then smashes them. Then he attacks then at the kidney then lastly he roars to summon all his power then he crushes them. Deals huge damage. If the enemy unit still lives, they are stunned for a long time. hmm I had something else planned for this one but it's good too

Seth Anderson
1. Battle Strike - Seth charges the enemy with his blade swiftly. This teleports him to their back and makes the enemy very bloody. Stuns the enemy due to fear. sounds good to me I guess This can be confirmed
2. Drill Slash - Seth rotates himself vertically and charges his enemy. He pierces then then also makes the enemy very bloody. Stuns the enemy due to fear. hmm might need a better one
3. Bloodlust - Whenever the enemy bleeds when he attacks or casts a spell, he becomes more excited on battle. this increases his battle damage every time he attacks. But he's hp becomes more lower when he attacks. I guess we'll need some bleeding buff for this one
4. Gore - Seth cloaks his blade with blood from his pas victims and performs a dance. This dance lasts for x seconds. When he is done, he strikes his blade greatly which almost kills the enemy. can be used
Thank you for the suggestions!:thumbs_up:
I shall see how and which can be used

Level 9
Orc heroes:
Gromash
- Str based hero. Uses brute force to fight battles and carries a large, powerful war axe.

Winterfang
- Int based hero. Relies on elemental spells. Has a large staff and rides on a wolf.

I have plans for a Warlock and BeastMaster as the Orc Heroes, right now they're just enemies unless there are plans for an Orc campaign when Human gets complete ^^

Level 19
Ok, here are my ideas:
1. Warlock
Name: Kazragore or Fenris'ar Gul
Spells:
1. Unholy Bolt - Fires a bolt of unholy energy which drains the targets mana. When it hits the target unit, it bounces off x times. If another unit is blocking the target, then they would be hit but also the target unit.
2. Ground - Makes all aerial units fall and damage and stun themselves. All aerial units within x of the unit are affected.
3. Fel Blood - (Hero Name) was once a Fel Orc and mastered dark magic. This made him still a little bloodthirsty and violent. This gives (Hero Name) x bonus attack and move speed but makes his armor low.
4. Demon Storm - Summons a demonic storm which send out thunderbolts and meteors in different area in the casting area. The hero goes in the center of the storm to cast it. Even the hero himself gets damaged by the violent storm and also friendly units. (Makes use of the warcraft orc warlock's spell animation)

Beatsmaster
Name: Bearclaw or Gorsh Bearmaul
Spells:
1. Axe Throw - The Beastmaster throws his axe in a boomerang manner. When he tosses it, it goes in high speed. Whenever it hits an enemy unit or any unit in the way of it, it stuns them and the speed of the axe slows down. When the axe's speed reaches zero, it vanishes.
2. Tame - This gives the Beastmaster a x percent chance to tame an enemy neutral hostile unit which is a beast. The tamed animal can fight for the Beastmaster.
3. Adaptation - The Beastmasters countless years in the wild wandering makes him very capable of adapting. This causes him to have an x percent chance of being unseen when in places like forests, caves, deserts, etc.
4. March of the Animals - The Beastmaster summons a different kinds of animals and all attacks nearby enemy units for him. This spell has a 2 seconds casting time. The summoned beasts are depending on what The Beastmaster last fought. The spell always summons a bear.

Level 9
Well, I can suggest some ideas for the this campaign. Just say what kind of ideas you need.

I'll be sending you guys the campaign file with the planned out missions/Lore soon.

Ok, here are my ideas:
1. Warlock
Name: Kazragore or Fenris'ar Gul
Spells:
1. Unholy Bolt - Fires a bolt of unholy energy which drains the targets mana. When it hits the target unit, it bounces off x times. If another unit is blocking the target, then they would be hit but also the target unit.
2. Ground - Makes all aerial units fall and damage and stun themselves. All aerial units within x of the unit are affected.
3. Fel Blood - (Hero Name) was once a Fel Orc and mastered dark magic. This made him still a little bloodthirsty and violent. This gives (Hero Name) x bonus attack and move speed but makes his armor low.
4. Demon Storm - Summons a demonic storm which send out thunderbolts and meteors in different area in the casting area. The hero goes in the center of the storm to cast it. Even the hero himself gets damaged by the violent storm and also friendly units. (Makes use of the warcraft orc warlock's spell animation)

Beatsmaster
Name: Bearclaw or Gorsh Bearmaul
Spells:
1. Axe Throw - The Beastmaster throws his axe in a boomerang manner. When he tosses it, it goes in high speed. Whenever it hits an enemy unit or any unit in the way of it, it stuns them and the speed of the axe slows down. When the axe's speed reaches zero, it vanishes.
2. Tame - This gives the Beastmaster a x percent chance to tame an enemy neutral hostile unit which is a beast. The tamed animal can fight for the Beastmaster.
3. Adaptation - The Beastmasters countless years in the wild wandering makes him very capable of adapting. This causes him to have an x percent chance of being unseen when in places like forests, caves, deserts, etc.
4. March of the Animals - The Beastmaster summons a different kinds of animals and all attacks nearby enemy units for him. This spell has a 2 seconds casting time. The summoned beasts are depending on what The Beastmaster last fought. The spell always summons a bear.
I will definitely look into them as I get the time ty again :piru:

Level 9
No problem. If you need unit ideas, tell me.

I'll let you know when we go over it, most were planned earlier but we might need some ideas there too

Update : Ok went through all the spell ideas posted earlier and this is what I've come up with, let me know about what you guys think of this ?

Tarson
Holy Touch 75Mp
Heals targeted allied unit overtime and adds +2 armor but slow the movement speed by 40% until the effect wares off
Damages the enemy unit overtime decreases armor by 1 but increases movementspeed by 40%
lvl1 Heal or Dmg 120
lvl2 Heal or Dmg 170
lvl3 Heal or Dmg 250
lvl4 Heal or Dmg 320
lvl5 Heal or Dmg 400

Solar Flare 100Mp
Stuns the enemy units under melee range of the Hero for x seconds and decreasing armor by 2 for until the spell wares off
lvl 1 2 secs
lvl 2 2.5 secs
lvl 3 3 secs
lvl 4 3.5 secs
lvl 5 4 secs

Blessing Aura
Increases the attack damage of the Hero by x and Units under melee range of the Hero will gain a non Combat Regeneration (the regeneration thing of scroll from Arcane Vault)
NOTE : Units do not get the attack+ they just get regen
lvl 1 dmg+ by 4
lvl 2 dmg+ by 6
lvl 3 dmg+ by 10
lvl 4 dmg+ by 12
lvl 5 dmg+ by 15

Holy Shackles 200Mp

Ensnares all enemy units nearby damaging them by 10hp/sec spell lasts for 50 secs(ground version of Ariel shackles which catches every enemy unit with in 400 range of the Hero)

Seth
Swift Strike 80Mp
(I'm not very sure if this is possible or not just leme know)
Seth instantly moves behind the Targeted unit(Blademaster Mirror Img animation) does x damage and stuns the unit for x seconds
lvl1 Dmg 50 Stun for 2 secs
lvl2 Dmg 100 Stun for 2.5 secs
lvl3 Dmg 150 Stun for 3 secs
lvl4 Dmg 200 Stun for 3.5 secs
lvl5 Dmg 250 Stun for 4 secs

Spirit of Humanity 90Mp (might need another name)
Increases the attack speed of the targeted unit by x%
lvl1 increase by 30%
lvl2 increase by 40%
lvl3 increase by 45%
lvl4 increases by 55%
lvl5 increases by 60%

Tactical Strike - Passive
Every attack of the Hero has 15% chance of decreasing the attack Damage of the enemy unit by x and do 2 times his normal damage
lvl1 Decrease Damage by 3
lvl2 Decrease Damage by 5
lvl3 Decrease Damage by 7
lvl4 Decrease Damage by 10
lvl5 Decrease Damage by 15

Holy Ignition 200Mp( a Blend of Robogoblin and Immolation)
Transforms the Hero into a Holy Warrior whose Light burns his mana each second
hp increased by 500
damage bonus +30

Last edited:
Level 19
Spells are a little "weak". Like Holy Shackles and Holy Ignition. The heroes spells are too much holy.For Tarson Lionheart it would be fine, but better spells would be cooler but for Seth Anderson its not matching. Since you earlier said that you will use blizzard spells, maybe use triggered ones, they're better. Maybe you could make some spells which consists of blizzard made spells combined. Like maybe a thunder clap after an avatar. Or maybe you could edit acid bomb to some sort of missile spell then use a no target spell like thunder clap or war stomp then create some special effects.

Back to the heroes, Seth Anderson seems too holy for his model. Tarson also seems too. Maybe for Tarson just look for an alternate skin and then place it to the paladin model.

Level 9
Spells are a little "weak". Like Holy Shackles and Holy Ignition. The heroes spells are too much holy.For Tarson Lionheart it would be fine, but better spells would be cooler but for Seth Anderson its not matching. Since you earlier said that you will use blizzard spells, maybe use triggered ones, they're better. Maybe you could make some spells which consists of blizzard made spells combined. Like maybe a thunder clap after an avatar. Or maybe you could edit acid bomb to some sort of missile spell then use a no target spell like thunder clap or war stomp then create some special effects.

Back to the heroes, Seth Anderson seems too holy for his model. Tarson also seems too. Maybe for Tarson just look for an alternate skin and then place it to the paladin model.
well Tarson is a Paladin by type so yea the Holy spells were planned out as per it, the Model I personally like this one over others ,but if it doesn't have the look of a "Holy" Paladin I'll consider changing it

I agree with the Holy thing not suiting Seth, maybe using some other name would be good
Note : there was 1 typo there the 2nd Spell Known as Solar Flare, it's an AoE spell it stuns all enemy units with in melee range

the spells don't have to be very much powerful(maybe a bit more than the ones now as I've just made them on rough thoughts of having a weak balanced spell) considering the number of units I've already planned that are going to be with us, but that can be well seen when we actually play it and changed then too

However, Suggestion for some fix or replacement will still be considered just name it.

for Model
The Original one which was chosen for this character was
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/lothar-47445/?prev=search=lothar&d=list&r=20
Other Replaceable models
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...82465/?prev=search=paladin&r=20&d=list&page=3
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...82285/?prev=search=paladin&r=20&d=list&page=3

if you know of any other model which can take the place link in please as this is all I've found for a Young/Mid aged "Human" Paladin type Hero.

Level 9
dude
the 2nd link is what we are using :p that's our Paladin Hero
attachment.php

about the spells
K then I guess everyone out there isn't a micro freak like me so yea people will need more powerful spells

mckill2009 said:
suggestion:

Paladin should be 'Defender', coz in WC3 world, there are many paladins being used already...
I'm not very sure what a Defender might be as for Paladin all possible I know is Tank/Healer/Supporter with it, Never played WoW or read much on the Warcraft Lore if that something you might be referring to,
you can give out the spell/abilities (might help me understand)
though I can say a Healer is a must here

If you mean replace Paladin that will bring us back to the Drawing board for getting what Heroes we need as one has to be healer
it's pretty much a Human Campaign I don't know how can it go with out a Paladin, True that this is one of the most used Characters though.

Continue on with spells/abilities I'd like to see some :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 160
Level 29
well its an idea of mine to replace the Title "Paladin" to "Defender" since 'Battle'
oviously has defenders, coz paladin title is so common in WC universe, I guess it
might be time to spice it a bit, but anyway it's just a suggestion and you dont need
to go back to the drawing board coz it's just the title to be replaced not the unit or
something else...

as for spells, well I have a Dark Spell...

Unit: Dark Seraphim
Doppelganger: Gives a chance to release the inner fear of the attacker of the Dark
Seraphim, causing to create a so called "doppelganger" to fight for the Dark Seraphim's side.
The doppelganger lasts 20 seconds.

Level 1 - 5% chance
Level 2 - 10% chance
Level 3 - 15% chance
Level 4 - 20% chance
Level 5 - 25% chance

I have a spell like this but it's a portal type, see my spells in the Spell section specially
the Holy Cross...

this spell btw is already made, here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/simple-passive-spell-194089/#post1900521

Level 9
well its an idea of mine to replace the Title "Paladin" to "Defender" since 'Battle'
oviously has defenders, coz paladin title is so common in WC universe, I guess it
might be time to spice it a bit, but anyway it's just a suggestion and you dont need
to go back to the drawing board coz it's just the title to be replaced not the unit or
something else...

as for spells, well I have a Dark Spell...

Unit: Dark Seraphim
Doppelganger: Gives a chance to release the inner fear of the attacker of the Dark
Seraphim, causing to create a so called "doppelganger" to fight for the Dark Seraphim's side.
The doppelganger lasts 20 seconds.

Level 1 - 5% chance
Level 2 - 10% chance
Level 3 - 15% chance
Level 4 - 20% chance
Level 5 - 25% chance

I have a spell like this but it's a portal type, see my spells in the Spell section specially
the Holy Cross...

this spell btw is already made, here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/simple-passive-spell-194089/#post1900521

Well going with the Wc3 World/Lore the campaign is said to have taken place long before from where warcraft 3 started(wc1 in other terms)
it's as good as to say The whole story rewritten or the same Factions in another story or universe.

Paladin I'd still say keep it Paladin cause well we are using custom spells just keeping the type/name same
I guess we can make some poll on this if people agree on changing the Paladin to something else we can go with it.
NOTE : One Hero has to be a Healer type even after that.

Level 3
Before anyone who is versed in choral music history - I know I used a bit of the work from a Mozart piece with the same name, but I only used the melodies as a base, with new orchestration, harmonies, etc.

Level 29
Here are other spells which I have in mind: Actually these spells are Ideas
from my map Smells Like DotA and are already made...

Rain of Corpse:
Bombards the targeted point with corpse, when corpse hits the ground, it slows and
damages nearby enemy units.

Level 1 - slows for 20%, damage 25 per hit
Level 2 - slows for 25%, damage 35 per hit
Level 3 - slows for 30%, damage 45 per hit
Level 4 - slows for 40%, damage 55 per hit
Level 5 - slows for 45%, damage 65 per hit

Holy Seal (Passive)
Gives a chance to be aided by holy warriors/angels when attacked.

Level 1 - 10% chance, each warrior damages 25.
Level 2 - 15% chance, each warrior damages 50.
Level 3 - 20% chance, each warrior damages 75.
Level 4 - 25% chance, each warrior damages 100.
Level 5 - 30% chance, each warrior damages 125.

Confinement:
Summons 20 immovable runes which circles the targeted point. Enemy ground units that is inside or goes into the circle will be trapped for a period of time.

Level 1 - Circle Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2 - Circle Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 3 - Circle Lasts 20 seconds.
Level 4 - Circle Lasts 25 seconds.
Level 5 - Circle Lasts 30 seconds.

Refresh:
Picks every friendly unit including the caster and refreshes it's hit points over 12 seconds.

Level 1 - Heals 200.
Level 2 - Heals 250.
Level 3 - Heals 350.
Level 4 - Heals 400.
Level 5 - Heals 450.

Level 9
Here are other spells which I have in mind: Actually these spells are Ideas
from my map Smells Like DotA and are already made...

Rain of Corpse:
Bombards the targeted point with corpse, when corpse hits the ground, it slows and
damages nearby enemy units.

Level 1 - slows for 20%, damage 25 per hit
Level 2 - slows for 25%, damage 35 per hit
Level 3 - slows for 30%, damage 45 per hit
Level 4 - slows for 40%, damage 55 per hit
Level 5 - slows for 45%, damage 65 per hit

Holy Seal (Passive)
Gives a chance to be aided by holy warriors/angels when attacked.

Level 1 - 10% chance, each warrior damages 25.
Level 2 - 15% chance, each warrior damages 50.
Level 3 - 20% chance, each warrior damages 75.
Level 4 - 25% chance, each warrior damages 100.
Level 5 - 30% chance, each warrior damages 125.

Confinement:
Summons 20 immovable runes which circles the targeted point. Enemy ground units that is inside or goes into the circle will be trapped for a period of time.

Level 1 - Circle Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 2 - Circle Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 3 - Circle Lasts 20 seconds.
Level 4 - Circle Lasts 25 seconds.
Level 5 - Circle Lasts 30 seconds.

Refresh:
Picks every friendly unit including the caster and refreshes it's hit points over 12 seconds.

Level 1 - Heals 200.
Level 2 - Heals 250.
Level 3 - Heals 350.
Level 4 - Heals 400.
Level 5 - Heals 450.
leaving spell 1 others seem pretty good
I'd really like to confirm these spells before I'm leaving town ( 2nd May) won't be online for about 15 days
so that when I'm back least one major part will be ready

Level 4
Stormy told me that it would help if you guys can gather ideas while he is away and post here or keep to yourself until he is back because he will look through all post and ideas then post his feedback when he comes back. I have told him some ideas and I will post two here.

Ship ability: (Don't know name)
The ship (not sure which one) will anchor and provide more accuracy for the ship which allows the ship to deal more damage.

Ship ability: (Don't know name)
The ship can only attack when canoneers are garrisoned inside the ship. (rest is self explanatory i.e The ship can garrison (only canoneers and engineers) The engineers can provide more health reg for the ship:

Canoneer: Provide ability to attack and extra damage
Engineer: Provides extra health regen rate
Hero: Provides more ship abilities (depening on hero)

Level 19
Well I have some ideas for your ideas:
Ship Idea:
Name: Advanced Engineering
- All boats owned by the player will have more accuracy and damage.

Smart Load
- The ship can only attack when canoneers are garrisoned inside the ship. (rest is self explanatory i.e The ship can garrison (only canoneers and engineers) The engineers can provide more health reg for the ship:

Canoneer: Provide ability to attack and extra damage
Engineer: Provides extra health regen rate
Hero: Provides more ship abilities (depening on hero)

Level 4
The anchor one means that it will be imobile until anchor is gone (like siege tank from starcraft). Names are good, I like'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.