• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero's of the Past - AoS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Heroes Playground - AoS

i38e2t.jpg

With up to 99 heroes to pick from. This is a map inspired by Dot-A. But I assure you. You wont find one spell that is the same in Dot-A. Agility, Strength and Intelligence heroes are equally divided. So there will be 33 of each hero to pick from! I've decided to go with somewhat regular terrain. Since I didn't want to go over board. But the other reason why is because that I don't want a large file size for the map.

194171-albums3698-picture57139.png

I am still working on the hero selection. I may do a complete rework on it though!

Beta & Release

For those that are interested in beta testing when its released please write a comment below. Most of the things you will be testing is heroes. We'll discuss the cons and pros. Items will also be looked at. The beta testing is strictly for those that will come back with feedback. This is to make sure nothing in game is too over powered or imbalanced.

I am currently looking for 12 to 18 beta testers so if you're interested just pop a message below.

There is no official date when this map will be released. So when there is I will be sure to add the date and time when it will be uploaded for those that are currently interested in the project.

The Team & Thanks

Mr_Bean987

Special thank's to Mr_Bean987 for creating a few spells in my project. You can find his spell workshop here. All his spells are in vJASS. All the work he's done for me can be found here.
RetroSexual

A good thank's to RetroSexual for a few models of his. And taking a few requests of mine and completing them.
shiiK

Thanks to shiik for a few of his icons. All of them of great quality.
The_Silent

Thanks to The_Silent for his icons.

BTNDevour,
Blizzard

Thanks to Blizzard for a few of their icons.

BTNSpell_Shadow_BloodBoil, BTNINV_Misc_Gear_07, BTNmanaharvest,
M0rbid

Thanks to M0rbid for his wonderful icons.

BTNBurst,
-Berz-

Thanks to -Berz- for his wonderful icons.

BTNThrowingAxe,
PeeKay

Thanks to PeeKay for his wonderful icons.

BTNShpereOfVoid,
Lelling

Thanks to Lelling for his nice icon.

BTNNoxiousFumes,
Fjury

Thanks to Fjury for his lovely icons.

BTNBladedRocket,
There are still more to go on the list!

Last edited:
Level 16
Change Log
[-] Added Sea Surge
[-] Added Additional information

The rest of the information will be filled out over time!

I also had a feeling that Sea Surge's abilities were a bit awkward. If anyone thinks I should improve on that hero. Or has an idea for the hero. Please tell me. I am all eyes for constructive criticism.

Last edited:
Level 6
Your troll warlord seems weak. 2% bash is basically useless imho. 20% increased attack speed as a passive might be a little low at lvl 4. His ultimate causes decent damage to himself making lifepond have to compensate for the hp lost. I think a hero remake should be done for Dark troll warlord. @Azmodan your hellish strength ultimate increases by +12 and then by +9 I think you should make it increase by a constant instead. @DarkSkullMagician I suggest an entire remake of the hero. Also working only for your base strength makes the spell Chaotic strength shabby. Your Pudge can explode but 100 damage at level 1 I can hardly see a good use for.. If you want to keep this ability I suggest rebalancing it, you could even add an arithmitic so it does base damage and then a % of your current hp so that late game his explosion isn't useless.

Level 16
Yea, 2% chance is ridicilous, that's true. I'm sure he ain't using an intelligent proc system so it's random and you may get lucky, but even so, 2% means every 50th attack will deal slightly more damage. That's super weak. And honestly, 20% Attack Speed at level 4? 20% MS sounds fair, but the AS gain should be doubled. The ultimate is... it could be something like 100/120/140%, and honestly, -2k HP? wut? He's an Agility based hero, 2k hp loss could kill you even in your full gear. Just make the HP loss based on his current health, and it should work.

P.S.: why is it called "Fury Bash" if it grants AS? One would expect extra damage or something but not even more AS.
P.S.: it's "lose" and not "loose" - "loose" has a quite different meaning.

Level 16
P.S.: it's "lose" and not "loose" - "loose" has a quite different meaning.
Odd how I already know how to spell these. And I already know the difference. I should really read over what I write sometimes... Before I embarrass my self.

I did read everyone's comments and I will take action.

@DarkSkullMagician I suggest an entire remake of the hero. Also working only for your base strength makes the spell Chaotic strength shabby.
Instead of doing that, I'll work on this hero a bit more. Besides its first four abilities being passives. And the other two actives are only gained though the item Ultimate supporter. I will not do an entire remake on the hero. I personally like the idea of the hero.

hellish strength ultimate increases by +12 and then by +9 I think you should make it increase by a constant instead.
Done and done.

If anyone else has comments on the heroes please write some down. I am happy to read peoples harsh and positive comments. Harsh comments are great since I can use them to improve.

Change Log
[-] Skollmord the Dark Assassin
[-] Fixed Pudge's abilities.
[-] Fixed Troll Warlords abilities.
[-] Fixed Azmodan's ability Hellish Strength.

Last edited:
Level 16
Actually neo_sluf that's 100 damage over 5 seconds in total. Its not 100 damage per second that lasts for 5 seconds. And the Pudge does not hold on the hero during the 5 seconds.

By the way its default ability is Shadow Strike. All I had to change was the description, damage and exc... exc... So as you can now tell. Its not over powered!

Thought Id just clear that up with you. Thanks for trying to help though.

Level 16
Anyway how do remove the floating txt? in shadow strike those greeny words?

Your immense power! can you make it just 2 bonus to all att.?...its very imbalance but you can dont change it.
Yeah nothing is actually official. Actually... Nothing is. These things start becoming official once I release the beta.

This map is useless when it reaches 8 MB it can't be played in LAN.
Clearly I'm going to may it playable on B-Net. Otherwise... Whats the point of making an AoS? Sure you could have AI... Even though I will probably eventually add an AI. Trust me. It wont be higher than 7MB. Probably 3-5MB tops... Then again. We'll see. >_>

I once added hidden tags. Then once I clicked post. There was a backup in process. Ever since then I kinda forgot about it. I guess I'll do it now.

Once all heroes are done. Then we can start beta testing lol?

Level 25
I will subscribe to this, as to see what actions you will take to not make it generic.

Also, some tips for you;

You should really, really not set a goal of 99 bloody heroes. First of all that is unbelievably time-consuming, and second of all, you do not, I repeat, you do not want to balance all of them at the same time when you are done with the map. Most likely you will kill yourself before you're done balancing.

Rather than focusing on the heroes simply, as it seems right now, you should create the terrain, the fundamentals, some items and gameplay-triggers. To make it playable, and first after that work your way up with new items/heroes and slowly expand the map.

Both these things makes it a lot easier to not give up on the project, also easens the balancing, and we can help you out much earlier with bug-testing/balance-testing. I really advice you to listen, because believe me, I've been where you are. All pumped up and ready to go, and then you create 10-15 heroes, 10-15 items, some triggers, and then it just, dies. Plan a lot before you start away, and lower your ambitions a bit. It is always easier and less time-consuming as well as less confusing to add more heroes and balance/bug-fix them, rather than balancing/bug-fixing all 100 together at once.

All things apart. Good luck with the project!

Level 6
I will subscribe to this, as to see what actions you will take to not make it generic.

Also, some tips for you;

You should really, really not set a goal of 99 bloody heroes. First of all that is unbelievably time-consuming, and second of all, you do not, I repeat, you do not want to balance all of them at the same time when you are done with the map. Most likely you will kill yourself before you're done balancing.

Rather than focusing on the heroes simply, as it seems right now, you should create the terrain, the fundamentals, some items and gameplay-triggers. To make it playable, and first after that work your way up with new items/heroes and slowly expand the map.

Both these things makes it a lot easier to not give up on the project, also easens the balancing, and we can help you out much earlier with bug-testing/balance-testing. I really advice you to listen, because believe me, I've been where you are. All pumped up and ready to go, and then you create 10-15 heroes, 10-15 items, some triggers, and then it just, dies. Plan a lot before you start away, and lower your ambitions a bit. It is always easier and less time-consuming as well as less confusing to add more heroes and balance/bug-fix them, rather than balancing/bug-fixing all 100 together at once.

All things apart. Good luck with the project!

Yeah i agree with it. 99 Heroes is just a POSSIBLE MIND KILLER PLAN.You can make it 100 instead.

I just have discovered that when a map reaches 8.3 MB and above it can't be played anymore.Make sure that you use LESS IMPORTS.Anyway how about making it a new type of Aos like STRIKE FOR RETRIEVAL or HERO STRIFE.

Level 16

I'm not like most people. I wont quit so easy.

Bad idea. Terrain can come last. Terrain is unimportant right now.

I personally can work with making 99 heroes first. Because face it... I'll end up making 99 eventually.

I just have discovered that when a map reaches 8.3 MB and above it can't be played anymore.Make sure that you use LESS IMPORTS.Anyway how about making it a new type of Aos like STRIKE FOR RETRIEVAL or HERO STRIFE.

Not sure what those are. But I still have plans for my map to add on to. That I have currently not decided yet.

We'll see how unique I can made this map towards the final stages.

Level 25

Then I truly admire you.

It was not like terrain was the main focus in that sentence.

I personally can work with making 99 heroes first. Because face it... I'll end up making 99 eventually.

Again, I truly admire you if this is the case.

You are still making things harder for yourself though, by having to balance 99 heroes with each other at the same time, rather than doing it over time.

And again, good luck with this project, looking forward to see it develop.

Level 16
You are still making things harder for yourself though, by having to balance 99 heroes with each other at the same time, rather than doing it over time.
Well I don't get to use worldedit as much as id like to. So that's why its easy for me to not get bored.

Update Log
[-] Added new hero Faceless Void

On the ability Void's Zeal. If someone can come up with an better idea of an spell that will heal the Void over time. Or after (x) seconds has passed the Void will gain hit-points. At the moment it seems over powered. And too simple.

Not sure what those are. But I still have plans for my map to add on to. That I have currently not decided yet.

We'll see how unique I can made this map towards the final stages.

With my current project (not on THW), which is an AoS map, the heroes and the items are the longest and hardest parts. Literally everything else is sitting ready to go except for those two. And the beauty of doing the terrain is that you can actually see a physical change happening from all the time you're sinking into the map. Doing the terrain and systems early also allows you to alpha test heroes on your own, just to check and see if their skills are working properly and whatnot.

I am intersted in seeing how this pans out though.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Can you put those heros into hidden tags, it was a pain to scroll through all of them.

Level 16
I've decided to remove a lot of what I put on here. Including the descriptions of all these heroes. Instead I've decided I'll make a 10 minuet video showing skills of some heroes. I've created many heroes. And I thought id be too much to write. And it might be a bit daunting to read so much. Not everyone is a reader. That's why I decided to do this. Other information on the map will be written down soon! So for now I'll just have to prepare everything before I add it to this thread.

This project is not dead. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.