• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Avenging Assassin (Colored)

Full color version of my texturing contest entry, hope you like it better than the other one. Also consider I do everything painting with the mouse, YES I need to buy a tablet, I just recently saw the light and got my hands on one, and god it is very different painting on one, but well, it had it's advantages to learn how to paint everything with the mouse, so I can say that I can do details some other people find hard to do :D

Also yeah, I could try to add more stars to the cloak but when I tried they look rather horrible.
Contents

Avenging Assassin (Colored) (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
Here we have a remix on a competition entry from Darkfang, let's jump straight in: The Good: In terms of the theme this is a vast improvement on the original assassin texture imo. The original is quite bad and this is a definite step up. The details...
This looks really good! I wish you'd went with the full colour version for your entry tbh as the colour really helps break up the shapes.

I'll get around to moderating this and your other texture at some point soon hopefully :)

Well, nobody told me that they didn't like that it was only blue, else I would have changed it on time.

Here we have a remix on a competition entry from Darkfang, let's jump straight in:

The Good:
In terms of the theme this is a vast improvement on the original assassin texture imo. The original is quite bad and this is a definite step up.
The details are immaculate, we've got the star pattern on the cape, lots of swirls and patterning across the legs, the armour, the hair etc. I also like the nice touch of the throwing daggers strapped to the leg.
In terms of colour choice, whilst the original lacked in variation, this one I think strikes a good balance, the gold offsets nicely the dark blues and purples. And the subtle difference in tone between the skin and armour etc works well.
I also appreciate the inclusion of TC.
In terms of highlights and shading they're both present and very Warcraft-y in their execution especially when looking at the gold sections.
Overall a very nice texture.

Areas for Improvement:
The belly section looks a little weird to me. I'm not sure what it is, I can see how the highlights and shadows are creating the correct shapes but maybe they're a little harsh and the highlight on the "wings" of the belly need to be a different shade.

Conclusion:
A very nice texture that will be useful for anyone looking to replace the original Warden/Assassin unit with something better looking. Easily approved as Recommended!