• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autumn Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Yeah, crappy name, but i couldn't think of anything better.

So, this is my first terrain in what's almost been a year (my last terrain was for a contest at Wc3Creations, but that was in like June), so it's not that great, because i just barely started terraining again. Comments are welcome, as usual.

Edit: Added one with a waterfall.

Attachments

• Autumn-Forest-Edit 1.png
    Autumn-Forest-Edit 1.png
    834.3 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
The grass is goodish, could be better IMO, but it's pretty good. The house and the two trees, left and right, all that's pretty cool. The other trees are cool too, but what's that, sky gaps? /gasp. Those kinda kill the picture IMO>_>. I think all you need are either some fat tree stems or some leaves in those gaps, then it'll be MUCH better.

But for being a year MIA, good job. :)

Level 36
That house model is bleh, and the angle you placed it at is even more bleh. A tip: Rectangular buildings always look better from a diagonal, rather than head-on. Why do you think, on the acropolis, that when you walk through the gate and look at the Parthenon, you are staring at the corner? Because this looks better than this. (ignore the fact that one of them is in ruins and the other is a reconstruction...)

Status
Not open for further replies.