• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any Game of Thrones fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
Agreed. If Ramsay and the 20 men he asked from Roose last episode manage to take down Stannis I'm fucking done with this show.

Ditto. That would be ridiculous.

Well i hated Joffrey, Tywin and Cersei the most, but after watching episode 8... I hate white walkers and wights the most now. Weird how people say that episode 8 was the best episode in season 5, but i dont agree. The scene where the white walkers and wights attack and kill so many wildlings was so sad and terrifying, but i mean the place and there being so many wildings already it showed its pretty obvious something insane is going to happen.

Episode 8 was by far the best episode in this season, so far. The first half of the season has been extremely lackluster.
The last 15 minutes of that episode... Damn, that's some of the most intense shit I've watched in a show. I think the fact that they've
used White Walkers so sparingly helps build the tension for when they finally do show up. Westeros is seriously screwed if they don't take this threat seriously.
And that last scene (Spoiler picture!):

game-of-thrones-nights-king-white-walker-770x470.png

So hauntingly badass.

Level 36
I like Ramsay's acting, but there better be some sweet justice heading his way SOON. I'm getting sick of the bad guys ALWAYS winning on this show. At this point it seems like they're just doing it to be edgy. Sure it's realistic that the bad guys win sometimes, but sometimes the good guys win too damn it.

It isn't even about good or bad guys, realistically speaking, every man has
their own version of those aspect, and every man has a little of both in them.
It's the clever guys who most often win, and most often, it's those we consider
"bad" that's the most clever. Don't get me wrong, I want something bad to
happen to him too, I just don't see it.

And, well, we're up for the 9th episode, and by my estimation that's always the
killer, pun intended, so yeah. I reckon we'll see something pretty sick on
Sunday. (Or Monday, for all of us non Americans.)

Also, about the Ramsay/Joffrey debate, Joffreys is worst. And if you've
somehow deluded yourself into thinking Ramsay's taken his place, then
you've likely repressed the memories you need to make a rational
decision in the matter.

Level 39
It's the clever guys who most often win, and most often, it's those we consider
"bad" that's the most clever. Don't get me wrong, I want something bad to
happen to him too, I just don't see it.

And, well, we're up for the 9th episode, and by my estimation that's always the
killer, pun intended, so yeah. I reckon we'll see something pretty sick on
Sunday. (Or Monday, for all of us non Americans.)

decision in the matter.

I understand that ASOIAF is more about the morally grey aspect of humanity and I respect that. But I just don't think that's what they're doing on the show anymore. In story-telling, character development is much more important than realism. And it's just not okay to ruin a characters development (
Sansa
) in order to seem edgy or "realistic". That's stupid and pathetic. They should be better than that. They used to anyway.
Besides, you can't really call Ramsay a morally grey or clever character. He's a pure psychopathic bully. The only reason he gets his way is because he has his father backing him. If he was a nobody, he'd have died a long time ago.
He is simply put, the bad guy in this scenario. Nothing to debate there really. Other characters that fit into this category are Walder Frey, Roose Bolton, The Mountain etc. And we never see any justice.
A big deal has been made out of Walder Frey betraying guest rights, but there hasn't been any consequences. The Mountain killed a beloved character in the most gruesome way imaginable and they couldn't even let him die when he turned out to be poisoned. Roose Bolton is Warden of the North, though hopefully about to get his ass handed to him by Stannis the Mannis. Wouldn't surprise me if Stannis somehow looses, god forbid a good guy gets a win.

Joffrey might have been more annoying or easier to hate, but Ramsay is definately more evil. The guy is literally a psychopath of the worst kind. He's pure evil. If you read the books you will find out that he's much, much worse than Joffrey.

Level 9
Ditto. That would be ridiculous.

Episode 8 was by far the best episode in this season, so far. The first half of the season has been extremely lackluster.
The last 15 minutes of that episode... Damn, that's some of the most intense shit I've watched in a show. I think the fact that they've
used White Walkers so sparingly helps build the tension for when they finally do show up. Westeros is seriously screwed if they don't take this threat seriously.
And that last scene (Spoiler picture!):

game-of-thrones-nights-king-white-walker-770x470.png

So hauntingly badass.
Well When Bran Stark is done doing whatever he is doing he gonna flank those dead scumbags. Also we have Azor Ahai and Daenerys's dragons. And of course dragonglass and valyrian steel that can kick White walkers ass. The wights well they can be killed by anything basically.

Level 36
...you can't really call Ramsay a morally grey or clever character.

I'm not calling him morally gray, please don't put words in my mouth.
I am, however, naming him intelligent, and that's going by what I've
seen in the show, not what I haven't read in the books, especially when
compared to Joffrey.

The only reason he gets his way is because he has his father backing him.

Curiously, this is an argument I'd use for Joffrey, the only reason he got his way was
because he was king. Now, Ramsay, on the other hand, he was clever enough to "trick"
Theon into thinking he could escape, clever enough to keep his sadistic tendencies such
a secret that it appears not even Petyr knows about it, and lastly, clever enough
to play the part of being an obedient son when the situation requires it.

Joffrey, on the other hand, he might have done some of these things, too, but he didn't
have the same level of "skill" that Ramsay had to hide the beast, he was always a
despicable kid that everyone expected to do bad things, everyone except Cercei, which
isn't odd. And sure, the books might make Ramsay out to be worse, but counting the
things I've seen Joffrey do in the series, and the things Ramsays done, I still say
Joffrey is worse. Even if he didn't directly... You-know someone.

He did make two girls do it to each-other, though, with a spiked rod. (Or what it was).

I still think Joffrey worse. But as I stated in my previous post: That doesn't mean I
think fondly of Ramsay, he is a person I'd like to see dead. I just don't find him
as despicable as Joffrey.

He's a pure psychopathic bully.

You'd say that Joffrey wasn't?

Level 24
Ramsey is devious, there is no telling what he'll do. I doubt however that he will decimate Stannis's army. What I'm most interested in however is what's going to happen to Margeary and Lawrace Tyrell. For some reason I doubt they'll die.

Level 24
The books suck!

Just my two cents, the first one is good and then it just goes downhill, why anyone thinks George R.R. Martin is a competent writer is beyond me.

I agree that the second book is pretty bad in comparison to the first as it didn't really feel that it had any end but just built up to a Storm of Swords. The third book, a Storm of Swords is where I think it had its peak. (Take into account I've not read a Feast of Crows and A Dance With Dragons.)

Level 24
This in my opinion is one of the best scenes ever in Game of Thrones, it is a video from season 5 so if you haven't seen the first 5 episodes maybe you shouldn't look.

Level 39
I'm not calling him morally gray, please don't put words in my mouth.

I don't think I'm putting words in your mouth. I said that I hoped that he (the bad guy) would get what was coming to him, and you said:

Since the subject here was Ramsay, this sounds to me like like you were implying that Ramsay isn't good nor evil (aka morally gray). I disagree. Ramsay is one of the few characters in GoT that is 100% evil. He is a pure psychopath, devoid of any empathy.

Curiously, this is an argument I'd use for Joffrey, the only reason he got his way was
because he was king. Now, Ramsay, on the other hand, he was clever enough to "trick"
Theon into thinking he could escape, clever enough to keep his sadistic tendencies such
a secret that it appears not even Petyr knows about it, and lastly, clever enough
to play the part of being an obedient son when the situation requires it.

True, Joffrey only had a chance to be the way he was because of his power.
Ramsay tricking Theon wasn't really clever, it was only done for his own sadistic purposes, to further torture Theon. And Littlefinger not knowing about Ramsay is actually extremely out of character. In the books it is no secret what Roose Boltons bastard son is up to. It just doesn't make sense that one as connected as Littlefinger would have no clue how he was. They just wrote it that way in the show to give Petyr an excuse to send Sansa there.

You'd say that Joffrey wasn't?

Here you're actually putting words in my mouth. I never said Joffrey wasn't bad. He was a psycho as well... but Ramsay is still worse. Ramsay is like a leveled up version of Joffrey. Here are some of the things Ramsay has done (warning, a little bit graphic):
Tortured Theon in an extreme way. He cut of his penis, flayed his fingers until Theon was begging him to cut them off, (in the books) he covers him in feces and urine and doesn't allow him to bathe, has him sleep with his dogs. For his wedding night with Jeyne Poole (Sansa has taken her place in the show) he forces Theon to "prepare" her for him, otherwise he'd make him regret it. I think it's also implied that he forced Jeyne Poole to have sex with his dogs, not sure though.
He frequently hunts young women, we've seen this on the show. Just for fun. He strips them naked, gives them a head start and chases them with his dogs. Those who give him good sport are killed quickly (though raped first), then flayed. Those who do not are flayed alive, then raped and killed (not always in that order). He names his dogs after the women he "enjoyed" the most. The bodies are fed to the dogs.

Quote from his father, Roose Bolton (who himself is also a sociopath mind you):

His blood is bad. He needs to be leeched. The leeches suck away the bad blood, all the rage and pain. No man can think so full of anger. Ramsay, though … his tainted blood would poison even leeches, I fear.

He is quite literally evil incarnate.

What was the worst thing Joffrey did? As you said he had a girl beat another girl up with a (admittedly painfully looking) mace. A sadistic asshole yeah, but there's really no comparison between the two.

Anyway, my main issue is this:

decision in the matter.

On the contrary, I believe that people who think Joffrey was worse are completely biased by their hatred for him, mainly for killing Ned. Yeah, he was horrible. But Ramsay is much, much worse than him.

Last edited:
Level 19
WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT OF FUCKLAND. Did
Stannis just burn Shireen alive
? Seems Melisandre's prophecy will be true.

I just want the White Walkers to take the Iron Throne. Or perhaps Doran Martell for the Iron Throne (Iron Wheelchair rather). The guy was great this episode.

Last edited:
Level 9
I watched the ninth episode and god those sons of the shitheads are bigger douchebags than white walkers already, but yeah when Stannis said im sorry to Shireen it was kinda obvious he was gonna sacrifice her. Also obvious was that the dragon was gonna save Daenerys and others. Its also pretty weird that Selyse wanted to save Shireen even though she said that Shireen was weakness and wasnt really worth anything, but i dont really care if he sacrificed Shireen since she never was a really interesting character, but still sad. I hope that Daenerys gets the throne and she would wed Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen, im still not sure if Jon is still a Snow or if he is a Stark or Targaryen (R+L=J). Oh and Meryn Trant is such a pervert.
EDIT: DONT READ THIS IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS:
The guy who told Jon that he has a good heart is gonna stab Jon.

Level 39

How about actually using spoiler tags? Seriously...
And
I doubt Alliser Thorne will stab Jon. Why would he let Jon and hundreds if not thousands of Wildlings through, only to backstab him afterwards? Doesn't make sense and would be really lazy writing. Thorne may be an asshole, but he's also a man of honor. If anyone, it'll be that Ollie kid who does it.

Last edited:
Level 9
How about actually using spoiler tags? Seriously...
And
I doubt Alliser Thorne will stab Jon. Why would he let Jon and hundreds if not thousands of Wildlings through, only to backstab him afterwards? Doesn't make sense and would be really lazy writing. Thorne may be an asshole, but he's also a man of honor. If anyone, it'll be that Ollie kid who does it.
Well i didnt freakin know how to use the spoiler tags and saying spoiler alert is good enough too.
Well olly defiently wont stab Jon since that would be really stupid, but thats what ive heard that Jon will be killed by somebody from the nights watch and that Thorne is the most obvious since he hates Jon alot.

Level 39
Well i didnt freakin know how to use the spoiler tags and saying spoiler alert is good enough too.
Well olly defiently wont stab Jon since that would be really stupid, but thats what ive heard that Jon will be killed by somebody from the nights watch and that Thorne is the most obvious since he hates Jon alot.

Writing spoiler alert just above the spoiler is not really an effective way of warning people. Most people's eyes would probably go straight to the spoiler after reading it. Besides, you didn't write spoiler alert before spoiling the latest episode. There are probably quite a few who hasn't seen it yet.
Why would Ollie stabbing him be stupid? I think it makes the most sense. He's a young immature boy who lost his family in a Wildling raid, and he's Jon Snow's steward. He has motive and opportunity. On the contrary, Thorne doing it would be lazy writing as I said before, because if he wanted to kill Jon Snow he could've just refused to open the gate. That way the Wildlings wouldn't have gotten through either, which would be his sole purpose for stabbing Jon. It just wouldn't make sense.
In the books it isn't Thorne either.

I understand that ASOIAF is more about the morally grey aspect of humanity and I respect that. But I just don't think that's what they're doing on the show anymore. In story-telling, character development is much more important than realism. And it's just not okay to ruin a characters development (
Sansa
) in order to seem edgy or "realistic". That's stupid and pathetic. They should be better than that. They used to anyway.
I hate the Sansa arc so bad it's not even funny.
Seriously, she was a boring, one dimensional character to begin with and never really picked up with the developement all the other characters.

Her decisions when paired with Tyrion were utter nonsense to me. She recognized him as a good guy; there was absolutely zero reason for her to actually side with the brothel lord. Especially after she had been warned about him not having good intentions. She is just annoyingly naive and that upsets me to no end. She should have known better by now and she deserves all that happens to her in season 5 for just being a whiney brat. Suck it up, bitch! The only saving grace for her character is that her actress is actually pretty hot (). I like tall women...

Joffrey might have been more annoying or easier to hate, but Ramsay is definately more evil. The guy is literally a psychopath of the worst kind. He's pure evil. If you read the books you will find out that he's much, much worse than Joffrey.
I actually like that.
Joffrey was imho killed way too early. GoT needs at least one complete asshole character or you have noone to hate. Ramsey is perfect for that, while being less passive than Joffrey.
All other characters this season are either morally grey or have likeable traits. In a show where the good guys almost always lose, you need at least one character that you desperately want to see dead. Like Joffrey and Tyvin. I almost cried tears of joy when Tyrion finally killed Tyvin. Most satisfying death ever.

My comments on the other arcs as of season 5 (episode 6, still waiting for translations of 7 and 8 in my country):

Aria:
I have to say I didn't really like her forced transformation into a dark and edgy revenge-driven assassin. And the whole training stuff feels weird to me. But I can see this becoming interesting eventually, especially as her actress is growing older over the next seasons. I hope she gets at least the two kills she desires the most (Cercei and Walder Frey).

Brianne:
I don't really see why the creators keep her in the game. She is an utter failure. She hasn't succeeded even once in all her missions. In fact, she fails in everything she does so spectaculary, that it's almost unrealistic. The bad part; it's almost clear that she will eventually save Sanza. Which makes absolutely no sense to me, considering that Sanza had the opportunity to go with her at least twice already. And she decided to stay with the person that she was warned about countless times.
If Brianne gets killed off in an attempt to save that whiney brat, then I'll quit this series.

Tyrion:
Everyone's favorite character and rightfully so. Unfortunately, he basicly had his climax by the end of season 4. I can't think of anything that could still top this, so I expect him to get less and less screentime.

Bran:
The boring stuff. Not much to say about Bran and I hope we won't see him this season. I'm curious about the solution they will find, but I hope they won't drag it out endlessly.

Stannis/Jon Snow:
The good guys. Not much happening for them so far in season 5. Unfortunately I always found the north arc pretty uninteresting. It's just a stupid back and forth without any real consequences. Oh and did someone say Deus Ex Army?

Jaime/Dorne:
Disappointing plot so far. I hope it gets better because I like Jaime as a character.

On a side note, I wish that sexy Martell chick that married the new king would get more screentime. Like seriously, she is fapworthy beyond compare.

Level 9
Writing spoiler alert just above the spoiler is not really an effective way of warning people. Most people's eyes would probably go straight to the spoiler after reading it. Besides, you didn't write spoiler alert before spoiling the latest episode. There are probably quite a few who hasn't seen it yet.
Why would Ollie stabbing him be stupid? I think it makes the most sense. He's a young immature boy who lost his family in a Wildling raid, and he's Jon Snow's steward. He has motive and opportunity. On the contrary, Thorne doing it would be lazy writing as I said before, because if he wanted to kill Jon Snow he could've just refused to open the gate. That way the Wildlings wouldn't have gotten through either, which would be his sole purpose for stabbing Jon. It just wouldn't make sense.
In the books it isn't Thorne either.
But thats the problem. Olly would need some insanely sharp weapon to actually kill Jon since hes just some 8 year old so he barely has any strenght to kill somebody. And if you look at the wiki of episode 10 you can see that it says Jon is being challanged and Olly would have no chance against Jon in a duel.

Level 24
Well the massacre of episode 9 goes on.

S1E9 - Eddard Stark dies.
S2E9 - The Battle of Blackwater
S3E9 - The Red Wedding
S4E9 - The Battle at the Wall
S5E9 - Shireen burns at the stake

And for the love of clusterfuck Zaramorus learn how to use spoiler tags.

Level 15
This in my opinion is one of the best scenes ever in Game of Thrones, it is a video from season 5 so if you haven't seen the first 5 episodes maybe you shouldn't look.

I was thinking yesterday, how "fun" it would be if she was sacrificed after all that and with your comment in mind. To be honest it didn't even shock me - The scene did of course, but I wasn't surprised. I wonder what Stavos will do when he returns, such a sad moment. ;(

Level 9
Yeah Davos wont exactly be happy about this I'd think...
Well obviously since Davos doesnt like Melissandre and well he liked Shireen.
Btw so what if i forget to use spoiler tags. I mean its not my fault people cant resist when i write spoiler alert and its their own problem for not being caught up with the series.

Level 25
Can we just smack a gigantic "SPOILERS DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE SHOW" on the thread? It's kinda annoying to read with all the text being in spoiler tags atm.

And yes. Today was.. tough to watch.

Level 19
Arya:
I have to say I didn't really like her forced transformation into a dark and edgy revenge-driven assassin. And the whole training stuff feels weird to me. But I can see this becoming interesting eventually, especially as her actress is growing older over the next seasons. I hope she gets at least the two kills she desires the most (Cercei and Walder Frey).

Brianne:
I don't really see why the creators keep her in the game. She is an utter failure. She hasn't succeeded even once in all her missions. In fact, she fails in everything she does so spectaculary, that it's almost unrealistic. The bad part; it's almost clear that she will eventually save Sanza. Which makes absolutely no sense to me, considering that Sanza had the opportunity to go with her at least twice already. And she decided to stay with the person that she was warned about countless times.
If Brianne gets killed off in an attempt to save that whiney brat, then I'll quit this series.

I feel that Arya will go training with the Faceless Men then have her own agenda, killing all of the people she wants as that seems the only way she she would fit into the bigger picture.

Also, I feel Brienne may swoop down and strike at Stannis and freeing Sansa, fulfilling both of her vows.

But of course this is weird optimism which wouldn't work in the world of Westeros.

Calling it - the Night King sits at the throne by the end. Or Hodor.

Level 24
Well Zaramorus it's a little hard to catch up to an episode that has yet to air. And where in this did you write spoiler alert? :D

But thats the problem. Olly would need some insanely sharp weapon to actually kill Jon since hes just some 8 year old so he barely has any strenght to kill somebody. And if you look at the wiki of episode 10 you can see that it says Jon is being challanged and Olly would have no chance against Jon in a duel.

Should I write down everything I find on the wiki about season 6?

Level 39
Well obviously since Davos doesnt like Melissandre and well he liked Shireen.
Btw so what if i forget to use spoiler tags. I mean its not my fault people cant resist when i write spoiler alert and its their own problem for not being caught up with the series.

Well, it is kinda your fault if you forget spoiler tags. And you were spoiling both the books and episodes that has yet to air. And as I said before, writing "spoiler warning" literally right above the spoiler makes it very hard for the reader to avoid, since most people's eyes would continue to the next sentence without even thinking about it. Not to mention that what you wrote was a huge spoiler.
Anyway, it's not that hard to just use spoiler tags. That is after all what they're there for.

Can we just smack a gigantic "SPOILERS DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE SHOW" on the thread? It's kinda annoying to read with all the text being in spoiler tags atm.

Well, if this was a "discuss the latest episode" or "discuss the books" thread I'd agree. But this thread was actually just made for people who wish to discuss GoT in general. I guess spoilers from the first few seasons are fair game, but spoiling episodes that literally just aired or have yet to air isn't cool in my opinion.

Level 36
In my opinion, the spoiler tags should only be used if you're talking about something that hasn't been revealed in the show yet,
because, honestly, if you haven't read the books and you haven't watched the series, why would you even read this thread?

-

Since the subject here was Ramsay, this sounds to me like like you were implying that Ramsay isn't good nor evil (aka morally gray). I disagree. Ramsay is one of the few characters in GoT that is 100% evil. He is a pure psychopath, devoid of any empathy.

Oh, that. A misconception. The statement was more of a general comment than directed
exactly at the current discussion. I simply meant to say that I'm pretty certain GRRM
doesn't really consider "good" and "bad" as much as some of his readers does when
deciding who lives and who dies.

Ramsay tricking Theon wasn't really clever, it was only done for his own sadistic purposes, to further torture Theon.

Lacking logic. His "reason" for doing it has little/nothing to do with how clever it was.
I still think it was clever, regardless.

And Littlefinger not knowing about Ramsay is actually extremely out of character. In the books it is no secret what Roose Boltons bastard son is up to. It just doesn't make sense that one as connected as Littlefinger would have no clue how he was.

At this point, comparing the books and the series while discussing it seems rather...
Silly to me. Considering the show is deviating from the books and all. And considering
one part of this discussion hasn't read the books. Anyway, I agree though, it seems
extremely stupid that Petyr shouldn't know, but to be fair, it hasn't been made
completely obvious yet that he doesn't know, it just seems that way.

Here you're actually putting words in my mouth.

No, not at all. I'm asking a question. A leading question, possibly, but a question
nonetheless. A question I'm going to have to retract in order to make my further
point.

He is quite literally evil incarnate.

Yes, exactly, and this is exactly why I hate Joffrey more. Because
Ramsay is clearly a clinically insane psychopath, capable of playing the good servant
and son when the situation requires it, and at the same time don't even flinching
when he watches his hounds butcher women. He's smart, and little you say will
dissuade me from that opinion.

Now Joffrey, on the other hand, is not a psychopath. Truly twisted, sure, but let's not
forget his age. He's much younger than Ramsay, or was, or at least that's how it
appears in the shows. My point is, young people can easily get confused and let their
actions be guided by some misbegotten idea of what "fun" is, something they "know"
is wrong, but they do it anyway because it gives them a "thrill". This is why Joffrey,
in my book, is the one I like the least. Because he knows, and can feel, that his
actions are wrong, but does it anyway.

For reference: Who do you "hate" more, Ramsay or the White Walker "king"?
We both know whose the most "evil" of those.

That, and, I've always hated truly spoiled brats, and here is one that totally took
advantage of his situation.

So, sure, I can retract my former statement that everyone should dislike Joffrey more
than Ramsay, it doesn't really matter. But I do personally dislike Joffrey more.
If only part because his actor did such an amazing job at playing the most annoying
character I've ever seen, and part because the actor playing Ramsay is actually cool.

Can you guys please mark spoilers of episodes that were just aired?

Like seriously, I just got spoiled on the whole Stannis/Shireen thing and it makes me really angry (though I did see it coming).

Some people watch episodes at a 2 weeks delay due to localization having to keep up!

Can we please establish a rule here for quickly writing on top of each post which episode they will discuss? Thanks!

So basicly, a post will look like this:

Spoiler Episode 5/9:
blabla

Like, seriously, it's not that hard to do. And just using spoiler tags is worthless if you don't write the number of the episode that you are at. Because some people are several episodes behind.

Level 36
Well, honestly, you don't have much to discuss unless you're up to speed, and,
why would you want to go to a GoT discussion thread to begin with unless you
are? I'm not going to use spoiler tags, but then, I often write too general for
my words to carry any spoiling.

Well, honestly, you don't have much to discuss unless you're up to speed, and,
why would you want to go to a GoT discussion thread to begin with unless you
are? I'm not going to use spoiler tags, but then, I often write too general for
my words to carry any spoiling.
You missed the point. I am up to speed. For my country.

So, for example, I can discuss the events of season 5/7, but I can't discuss 5/9 right now. That's why I think it would be a good practice to write on top of every post with spoilers which is the current episode viewed from that user.
This is a common practice in movie/series boards.

This way I can avoid reading all posts from people that are ahead, but still read those that are on the same level as I am.

Level 15
Little Finger obviously doesn't care about Sansa, which was made obvious when he got back to Kings landing and told Cercei about her whereabouts. Have you guys forgotten he got her father killed?

Someone said that Reek never went to the old tower but straight to Ramsey, or why was Ramsey eating in the old tower? Didn't quite get that. Well, perhaps there was nothing to understand, he was there, Reek panicked. End of story.

Whats up with the grey-scale of Jorah Mormont, can he touch people, why isn't it growing on him? If he is a doomed man, why does he go back time and time again? I wonder what glorious death they have planned for him with his time running out.

Brianne:
No you wont :D

Level 9
Well Zaramorus it's a little hard to catch up to an episode that has yet to air. And where in this did you write spoiler alert? :D

Should I write down everything I find on the wiki about season 6?
How do you know anything about season 6 O_O? And i dont really understand the hate against spoilers. I mean seriously before i started watching GoT. I watched alot of videos and stuff that spoiled crap ton of GoT, but i mean all those events happened still suprised me even though i already knew what was happening so i dont understand how is getting spoiled so bad? I mean i knew that Ned was gonna die, but it still came to me as if i didnt know. Same with Joffreys death and Robbs.
Btw i was first a huge hater of Joffrey, but now if you think about it then Joffrey dying isnt that great afterall. GoT feels so empty without having to hate someone. Pretty much right now i dont hate any named/important character. I only hate White Walkers and Wights and Sons of the Harpy, but its not the same as hating Joffrey. Oh and Pinzu im not sure if you trolling or you just dont know yet. Littlefinger cares alot about Sansa. He loved Catelyn Tully alot and also loves Sansa alot. And like Roose said that Lannisters would never send their soldiers that far to the north and well Cersei has like no power whatsoever so there is no problem in telling Cersei where Sansa is. And seriously if Cersei doesnt get killed im gonna kill that biatch myself. Ive had enough of her bullshit already.

Level 19
And seriously if Cersei doesnt get killed im gonna kill that biatch myself. Ive had enough of her bullshit already.

I doubt that she would be killed in the show. Cersei is probably gonna do the (S05E10 SPECULATION)
walk of shame, removing her respect and power

Also, did anyone watch the Episode 10 preview? It seems that the (S05E09 SPOILERS)
Shireen sacrifice
would be all worth it, and it seems that (S05E10 SPECULATION)
Jon Snow would be subjected to the most foreshadowed stabbing of all time (which should be from a mutiny and not a duel)

HBO should seriously consider bumping the series from 10 episodes to 12-13. 10 is too few for a door-stopper of a series known as ASOIAF.

Level 15
No, little finger is only looking out for himself, thats what I believe - Those people might have mattered to him once, but I think he just found Sansa to be useful thats why he helped her. Sansa even hinted to marrying him and he declined in some fashion or another which I don't recall fully.

Little Finger can basically say what ever he wants, the only words I'll trust from him are his last. ^^

Level 36
Little Finger obviously doesn't care about Sansa, which was made obvious when he got back to Kings landing and told Cercei about her whereabouts. Have you guys forgotten he got her father killed?

Oh I think he does, in his own twisted way. In his eyes, he probably thought he did her a
favour by removing her father, although at the time her mother was alive, so he probably
hadn't really noticed Sansa yet.

That, and, the thing about him telling Cersei, that's standard Petyr tactics, spread
information and play several cards all at once, so that should one fail, you've got
an escape. I don't think that's an indicator for him not caring for her.

No, I think he does care for her, if only because she resembles her mother.
But then, Petyr is one of those "Me before anyone else" kind of guys.

Level 9
I doubt that she would be killed in the show. Cersei is probably gonna do the (S05E10 SPECULATION)
walk of shame, removing her respect and power

Also, did anyone watch the Episode 10 preview? It seems that the (S05E09 SPOILERS)
Shireen sacrifice
would be all worth it, and it seems that (S05E10 SPECULATION)
Jon Snow would be subjected to the most foreshadowed stabbing of all time (which should be from a mutiny and not a duel)

HBO should seriously consider bumping the series from 10 episodes to 12-13. 10 is too few for a door-stopper of a series known as ASOIAF.
But thats what sucks. My favorite character is Tyrion and since Cersei is such and asshole against Tyrion i just want her to die. But she is sadly one of those characters that just dont seem to die.

Spoilers for the end of season 4.
But she is sadly one of those characters that just dont seem to die.
That's what they said about Joffrey. ;)

The creators of the show have proven numerous times that they don't really care about plot armor.

... which does not have to be good thing.

I agree that the show lost a lot of it's pace and appeal when the most popular heroes and villains got killed off. Season 5 feels like an empty shell now, with no more real direction to go.

Btw, am I the only one who wonders why Theon does not just tell Sansa that her little brothers are still alive? It's not like Ramsay cares or has any agenda in hiding that from Sansa.

Level 39
Spoilers for the end of season 4.

Btw, am I the only one who wonders why Theon does not just tell Sansa that her little brothers are still alive? It's not like Ramsay cares or has any agenda in hiding that from Sansa.

He already told her some episodes back I think.

Spoilers for episode 10
Well shit. Seems I was wrong about Thorne. But right about Olly. It was all of them :/
I honestly thought Thorne had more honor than that.

No matter, I'm pretty sure the Red Lady will resurrect him next season anyway. And then he'll hopefully be teaming up with Ser Davos and the wildlings to kick some Bolton ass. I'm just bummed that they didn't end the episode with her doing this, because they somehow feel like they have to end with some cheap cliffhanger. Him being resurrected would be a much more interesting cliffhanger and would leave people wanting even more.

And what the fuck was up with ending Stannis' story like that? It just seemed very rushed and made it feel like the last couple of seasons with him was a waste of time. Unless she didn't really kill him... but the whole "she swung the sword somewhere else" thing is a really bad cop out.

Sansa and Theon had way too little screentime this episode, though I did love Reek finally becoming Theon again.

Dany part was meh.

Although it was an incredibly hard scene to watch, it was satisfying to see Cersei finally get some sweet justice happening to her. Also The Mountain zombie, very creepy. Hope this means that Cleganebowl is confirmed.

Dorne was, as usual, terrible. The poison on the lips, so predictable. And the cringy scene where Jaime tries to tell Mycella that he's her father, ew.

The surprisingly awesome part of this episode was Arya. Her parts are usually the most boring (after Bran, ugh)
But seeing her royally FUCKING UP that dude was incredibly satisfying. She screwed him up big time. Awesome.

Level 9
Stannis is dead, Jon is dead, Sansa is probably dead, Reek is probably dead, Selyse is dead, Meryn Trant is dead, Myrcella is probably dead like wtf. So many character deaths in one episode. And one thing that really ruined the episode was that Stannis got recked so hard. Like he had absolutley no chance. And wow this was the first time i actually felt bad for Cersei. But yeah i was kinda right about Jon Snows death. It was too obvious Thorne would kill him(partly)since that guy always hated Jon. Also that Benjen Stark being alive was so hype, but sadly it wasnt true. Well Jon Snow is dead gg white walkers and wights win. Daenerys is probably going to be raped by the Dothraki. But god i loved Meryn Trants death. Finally that pervert died. But yeah Stannis death and Jon Snow death was really dissapointing. Jon Snow was the only reason i actually cared about Nights Watch, but now that he is dead Nights Watch sucks now. Oh and since Arya is like nobody now then i guess RIP the Starks. Oh and there is also one thing. If Melissandre really ressurects Jon Snow then i guess Jon Snow might be Azor Ahai afterall since why else would Melissande ressurect someone who could be killed by the Nigths Watch again.

Level 39
Stannis is dead, Jon is dead, Sansa is probably dead, Reek is probably dead, Selyse is dead like wtf. So many character deaths in one episode. And one thing that really ruined the episode was that Stannis got recked so hard. Like he had absolutley no chance. And wow this was the first time i actually felt bad for Cersei. But yeah i was kinda right about Jon Snows death. It was too obvious Thorne would kill him(partly)since that guy always hated Jon. Also that Benjen Stark being alive was so hype, but sadly it wasnt true. Well Jon Snow is dead gg white walkers and wights win. Daenerys is probably going to be raped by the Dothraki. But god i loved Meryn Trants death. Finally that pervert died. But yeah Stannis death and Jon Snow death was really dissapointing. Jon Snow was the only reason i actually cared about Nights Watch, but now that he is dead Nights Watch sucks now.

I highly doubt Sansa and Reek died in the jump. That would the lamest death in the history of TV deaths and pretty much make their 5 seasons of character development pointless. This would make me quit the show, for real.

I don't know, I always saw Ser Thorne as a man of honor. Besides, he does not participate in the mutiny in the books as far as I remember.

And as I said, I don't think Jon Snow will stay dead for very long.

But yeah, Stannis getting reamed was kinda weird to see. But then again, he can't really expect people to fight for him when he burns his own kin, can he. I have my doubt that he really died, but if he did I wont mourn him.

Level 9
Also since i had heard alot speculations about episode 10 when i saw Mountain with a gray face i was like: Lady Stoneheart? Is that you? But it was Mountain instead. God they just keep making that guy creepier. I guess he cant ride a horse though anymore since he looks even bigger now.
Oh and yay another fuckin year. They left so many things open like goddamn. They like to tease GoT viewers.

Level 39
Spoiler Episode 10
I still think that Ser Alliser Thorne stabbing Jon is very lazy writing. I know he hated him, but why on God's green earth would he open the gates, let in thousands of wildlings and then later kill Jon for letting in wildlings, when he could've just refused to open the gate and have the wildlings kill Jon for him? It makes absolutely no sense.

Also
Lady Stoneheart
has been confirmed to not appear in the show.

Level 15
Spoiler Episode 10
I still think that Ser Alliser Thorne stabbing Jon is very lazy writing. I know he hated him, but why on God's green earth would he open the gates, let in thousands of wildlings and then later kill Jon for letting in wildlings, when he could've just refused to open the gate and have the wildlings kill Jon for him? It makes absolutely no sense.

Also
Lady Stoneheart
has been confirmed to not appear in the show.

Could he just have left the gates closed? The wildling army if you will perhaps would put up a fight seeing as they have nothing to lose really. It was not like they were winning the last battle.

Scenes I really didn't like in season 5 was how John Snow was betrayed and that the Melisandre just happend to be there. I don't want it to feel like I'm watching Julius Ceasar Assassination re-adaptation and it he is resurrected what was the point of even killing him? Other scenes that I didn't really like the execution of were the fighting pits

Level 39
Could he just have left the gates closed? The wildling army if you will perhaps would put up a fight seeing as they have nothing to lose really. It was not like they were winning the last battle.

Scenes I really didn't like in season 5 was how John Snow was betrayed and that the Melisandre just happend to be there. I don't want it to feel like I'm watching Julius Ceasar Assassination re-adaptation and it he is resurrected what was the point of even killing him? Other scenes that I didn't really like the execution of were the fighting pits

This group of wildlings was much smaller than the last one, and had many defenseless women, children and old people. I don't think they would have had a chance if Thorne had denied them access.

Actually Jon dying is extremely important. This frees him. His watch has literally ended, since it ends with his death. Now he is free to take the fight to the Boltons, hopefully with the help of the wildlings, and maybe even beyond (assuming that R + L = J is true, which I think is 99% certain). But his fight with the White Walkers is certainly not finished either.
His death is a very necessary step for his character to develop.

Level 19
This group of wildlings was much smaller than the last one, and had many defenseless women, children and old people. I don't think they would have had a chance if Thorne had denied them access.

Actually Jon dying is extremely important. This frees him. His watch has literally ended, since it ends with his death. Now he is free to take the fight to the Boltons, hopefully with the help of the wildlings, and maybe even beyond (assuming that R + L = J is true, which I think is 99% certain). But his fight with the White Walkers is certainly not finished either.
His death is a very necessary step for his character to develop.

(S05E10 SPOILERS)
I think that Thorne let Jon in Castle Black to frame it on some wildling or something. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but hey, they are the Nights Watch who are not the smartest of the bunch. Also, fuck Olly. I hope Jon Snow becomes a White Walker or some shit then kills Olly, revives Olly, and kills Olly again (for Jon and Ygritte).

The Cleganebowl hype is full speed. Its also great seeing the Varys-Tyrion dynamic again.

Also, Stannis is most likely not dead as well as Sansa + Theon. The snow would've most likely cushion the fall. If they also wanted to kill Stannis they would've shown it and not leave it kinda open-ended.

The Winterfell battle also fucking horrible. They didn't show any fighting at all (too much time on the walk of shame). Goddammit Ramsay and his plot armor. If he was shirtless and had 20 good men he could probably conquer the whole kingdom.

Finally, on Dany, did she meet one of the former members of Khal Drogo's khalasar?

How I wished the season would've ended:

Goddammit I have to wait for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.