• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Almost) Scammed in Runescape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So, I typically don't check my gmail that much, as I don't really use it, but I did today, and found an interesting little email there:

rs_scam-png.360071

Without even taking a look at the suspicious name of the Sender, the fact that this never addresses my actual In-Game name, or Account Name, I clicked the big button "Cancel Change", and proceeded to enter my login info in the next screen...

(Before anyone judges me, and calls me a dumb shit, I will point this out: I haven't been sleeping well lately. Still, I guess I deserve to be called that anyways for this.)

So, not only did I enter my account login info, but also, when the page prompted me to enter my In-Game bank pin as "further authentication", I did it...

Funniest of all, I did not even remember my actual pin until later, and entered a wrong one here.

My brain managed to wake back up in a minute tho, and I immediately went to change my account password. Hopefully averting anything bad that might have been done to my beloved Runescape account.

Attachments

• rs_scam.png
    rs_scam.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.