• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Adjusting the following model to create a better aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi all,

I found this amazing model which can fit perfectly for a fire aura. Unfortunately it leaves behind little dots which I don't like:

PuPIP8l.png

Can someone please help removing those, so just swirling fire animation remains?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Prefire Model.zip
    102.3 KB · Views: 25
Level 21
The particles no longer stay behind when units move. I also removed the sparks that sprinkle down when the effect initially appears on a unit because I thought they were unnecessary, and as a result, only two custom textures are now required. Let me know what you think and if you want me to add them back.

There are two versions of the model with difference in how the large particles rotate after emission.

By the way, where did you find the model, if you don't mind me asking?

Attachments

• Prefire Model 3.rar
    88.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Level 21
Mmm I don't remember where exactly, but either some Chinese website (GA地精研究院 - Powered by Discuz!), Chaosrealm, Discord or I just googled for WC3 effects.
Thanks for the info. :smile:
Did you use War3ModelEditor? I'm trying to figure out how you adjusted models, but didn't find the setting in it.
Yes, it's really simple; I just added the Model Space flag in the particle emitters (little checkbox at the right side of the window), which makes the particles move with the emitter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.