• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding additional animations to a model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks.

I have just recently picked up modelling and animating.
I am still at the very beginning of the learning phase and thus I have a ridiculous question.

How can I add more animations to a model.
I am asking because I don't see a "create new animation" button which has led me to believe that all animations must be done after one another.
Which again seems too wonky to be true.

I am using Gmax if that makes any difference.

Edit:
Perhaps I should add that it is not a model I have imported. It's actually just a box I am fizzling around with.

I'm sorry for this double post.
But since this question is so closely related I didn't want to create a new thread.

Now.
After having done an animation, let's say Attack, the model needs to get back to it's original location so the transition from Attack to Stand looks smooth. I'm guessing I have to, in the end of the Attack animation, move the model manually back.
Is there a way I can ensure that the model return to the exact start location (with rotation and all that jazz).

Heh yeah thank you for that. Kinda obvious :)

However I can't seem to fathom how to copy/paste a key note. Since it is a simple box I am working with I have been able to just configure the x/y/z location to that of the first key. But that is not going to do if I have a more complex model.

I'm sorry for these, I'm sure obvious, questions. But I am completely green.

Status
Not open for further replies.