• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About negative reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello people of Hive! I've a question that someone has already answered but you know it takes alot time to check out every thread here so I here we go:

As everybody should know, about reputation, when you spam, doublepost and etc. you can get negative reputation, I have 1 negative reputation but I've learned my mistake, I'vent done it ever again, and shouldn't do in future, so is there a way to cancel it? :ash:

Level 8
Why do you care so much about the reputation points? :p

And by the way, I just checked who gave you reputation points and I found an interesting notice. I have gave you 7 times reputation from your maximum 10. :D
Yea! If one could give positive rep, instead of neutral and if I could didn't get negative rep I could give positive rep for others? Was it that when you get 10+ rep you can give positive rep for others? But back to the point Aero first how you always (or almost always) post there, where I do too? XD And second do you know answer for my question?

Level 37
Code Lyoko said:
Yea! If one could give positive rep, instead of neutral and if I could didn't get negative rep I could give positive rep for others?
What dÖ hell?

Code Lyoko said:
Was it that when you get 10+ rep you can give positive rep for others?
I think so.

Code Lyoko said:
But back to the point Aero first how you always (or almost always) post there, where I do too? XD
Because I just used "New Posts" and I saw your name so I came to this thread and posted.

Code Lyoko said:
And second do you know answer for my question?
Yea, depends of what you have done. But I think you can't take it away. However, there is a possibility, contact to admin with "Admin Contact" thread or just pm the one who gave you minus rep and ask him/her to remove it.

Level 8
Yea, depends of what you have done. But I think you can't take it away. However, there is a possibility, contact to admin with "Admin Contact" thread or just pm the one who gave you minus rep and ask him/her to remove it.

Well I spammed once :s you think that can be removed?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
"Cancelling Bad/Negative Reputation" is a sticky thread on this forum. I don't know if it still works.

You don't automatically get -rep for double-posts and spam. I close my eyes at the first double-posts, and I obviously can't memorize all users who do it every once in a while, I think it'd create an hostility ambient if I kept track of people who do it, even though it'd be no less than those people deserve.
I neg rep people who do it often. There are people who think forums are like chatrooms, and that they can post whatever they want whenever they want. There are others that purposely spam in an attempt to annoy me, and happens mostly after I gave them their first negative reputation - An obviously childish attitude.
I rarely give out infractions, I think I have only given two so far, but one thing I can assure you: this last group of people I mentioned do deserve them. Unfortunately, due to their immature behavior, I would only be feeding the fire if I infract'ed them.

Anyway, back to reputation-speaking, it's not like it's very hard to get it back. I give out 2 reputation penalty, but my award is of 5 points. In my opinion, the award should be 2 points as well, but this is beneficial for you, of course.

Level 5
"Cancelling Bad/Negative Reputation" is a sticky thread on this forum. I don't know if it still works.

You don't automatically get -rep for double-posts and spam. I close my eyes at the first double-posts, and I obviously can't memorize all users who do it every once in a while, I think it'd create an hostility ambient if I kept track of people who do it, even though it'd be no less than those people deserve.
I neg rep people who do it often. There are people who think forums are like chatrooms, and that they can post whatever they want whenever they want. There are others that purposely spam in an attempt to annoy me, and happens mostly after I gave them their first negative reputation - An obviously childish attitude.
I rarely give out infractions, I think I have only given two so far, but one thing I can assure you: this last group of people I mentioned do deserve them. Unfortunately, due to their immature behavior, I would only be feeding the fire if I infract'ed them.

Anyway, back to reputation-speaking, it's not like it's very hard to get it back. I give out 2 reputation penalty, but my award is of 5 points. In my opinion, the award should be 2 points as well, but this is beneficial for you, of course.

sounds very fair... but it gets unfair when every admin -reps you because of 1 thing
oh no, plz dont ask me what haas happened, i wont tell you
+10 rep is just too much for me, i dont want that much rep!

well what i want to say is that rep is imo useless and stupid, because sometimes it just expresses that rules are stupid and OR you broke them and sometimes it means that you are a very helpful person and stuff, but it cant express that you are both at the same time

Level 8
I don't see it on your profile. However, if you want to have it removed and have had it for one month or more, you can post in admin contact.

It's because I just got one more positive rep point, so the negative shows for me only :s but I've it anyway.

Ehh... I've checked that a long time ago (the link above) but I don't understand what is the point there... or how to remove neg rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.