• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Negative Value Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So like when you allow negative values the editor says -

"Please be aware that many data fields can cause problems or ever crashes in the game if they are set to negative values."

What kind of crashes do you know about or have encountered, I'd like to know what I can set to negatives and what never set to negatives.

Thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Some spells are not designed to have negative values, and can result in them behaving stupidly or breaking. This is logical as they were not programmed to be that robust as in ROC you could not edit abilities at all.

Some can crash but honestly do not worry about it.
As long as you enter values that are out of normal range within reason, you will be fine. If you do encounter a spell causing your map to crash after putting negative values in it, simply change them but that should only happen if you start to enter encrediably stupid values or if you delighbertly try and break the spell.

Level 19
or spells with intervals
like flame strike - acid bomb - immolation etc

Edit: Ehem you can set everything to negative that will make sense I guess, negative damage, negative armor etc
oh Im really not sure about negative manacost

Status
Not open for further replies.