• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability that changes the name of a unit type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have tried to create an ability which transforms the unit into another unit. Instead of replacing the unit I wanted it to be the same unit but with tinted color and a new name. The color tint is done but I can't fix the name change. I have tried with upgrades, when the unit uses the ability an upgrade is added to the owner of the triggering unit. The upgrade sets the name of the unit type from (name1) to (name2).

What happens is that instead of that the upgrade changes the name in-game, it changes it already in the data editor. When I start the game the unit already has (name2).

I heard from someone that the name can be changed with catalog triggers. Can someone tell me how to solve this problem?

EDIT: Wow, catalogs are awesome. I fixed the problem by adding this action to a trigger: Catalog - Set value of Units DevilDog Name for player Any Player to "name2"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.