• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(5v5) BoCP (New Fast-Paced AoS) Open Beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
(5v5) Battle of Crystalvale (New Fast-Paced AoS) Open Beta!

Map Name:
Battle of Crystalvale

Map Version:
BoC Open Beta01b

Change Log:
BoC Open Beta01b Changes:
- Map name changed to BoC (Battle of Crystalevale).
- More items added!

BoCP Beta05s Changes:
- New Terrain for NPC vendors.
- Asthetic changes.
- 10% of the Items are Implemented.
- All heroes unlocked!
- Stalker now reveal herself when attacking while in Shadow Dance, but still count as stealth.
- Gladiator's Aura of Might icon changed.
- Basic upgrades added at the base.

BoCP Beta05j Changes:
- Fix an error where summoning a jungle type mob will crash the game.
- Executioner name changed to Fire Lord.

BoCP Beta05i Changes:
- Added Time Bomb count down floating text.
- Time Bomb mana and cooldown increased.
- Various minor fixes.

BoCP Beta05h Changes:
- New Hero Available: Destroyer (Horde).
- Various minor fixes.

BoCP Beta05e Changes:
- Stalker's (Horde) Shadow Dance will now correctly remove stealth if the caster die in stealth form.
- Corrected Stalker's (Horde) Find Weakness description.

BoCP Beta05d Changes:
- Dizzyness (Illusionist) removed, replace with Hex.
- Voodoo Aura (Illusionist) removed, replace with Illusion Weapon.
- New Hero Available: Stalker (Horde)
- Cursed Dimension (Illusionist) buffed.
- Fix soul text so that now it only shows to the owner of soul.
- Assassin now will break stealth when attacking or casts spells.
- Other various minor fixes.

BoCP Beta05b Changes:
- Shadow Walk (Rogue) does damage now.
- Revive system reworked.
- Credits added for map testers.
- Soul (after death) will always be invulnerable now, but has a 40second expiration timer.
- Chemical Rage (Alchemist) mana increase from 25 to 100.
- Oops! (Alchemist) now work when the alchemist is in Chemical Rage form.
- Corrected Duplicate (Illusionist) duration text.
- Voodoo Aura Rank 3 (Illusionist) is now working properly.
- Soul is now automatically selected after a hero death.
- New Hero Class Description at the Optional Info.
- Everyone gets half of the gold reward if one of your ally killed an enemy hero or structure. (Eg: A unit killed a Hero for 100g, everyone else will get 50g.)

Test Purpose:
Heroes and spells, and overall gameplay with the cap system.

Game Play:
- Fast paced AoS style game play with "Team Fortress 2" Cap point system implemented.
- Each side has 17 unique heroes with 5 different abilities each.
- Max level is 15.

Features:
- Fast Gameplay
- Cap Point (Which summon additional troops)
- New Revive System (After dying, you get a soul, you can move the soul back to the base for less ressurection time)
- 34 Unique Heroes, each with 5 different abilities (Custom Made)

Hero Choices:
There are 5 types of classes implemented.
- Demolisher
- Hero Killer
- Support
- Tank
- Healer
*Some hero are meant to destroy buildings, some are tanks, if a team with good heroes combination will get a much smoother experience.

Items:
*Currently not implemented yet, only temporary items are in. Full items will come in a future build.

Cap System:
The more people standing on the point, the faster it countdowns. If the number of your team and enemy is same on the point, the point will tick back to whoever it belongs to. (Same as Team Fortress 2)

Below are some screens taken from the editor:
Bird View 1:

Bird View 2:

Bird View 3:

Alliance Base View:

Horde Base View:

Gameplay Pics:

*I will be on US East Testing, anyone who is interested can join BoCP channel

Feedbacks/Comments:
Have fun Testing! Any Feedbacks or Comments are welcomed. Best test with full house of 10 players, 5v5.

Attachments

• BoC Open Beta01b.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Level 9
Battle of Crystalevale Open Beta01b - Download Now!

Updated version! Map name officially changed to Battle of Crystalvale (BoC). My 1st post have all the updated change log.

Next version: More items to come!

Please help me test out!
- Upgrade Items
- Heroes
- Spells
- Bugs?

Any feedback please feel free to let me know!
*Can't seem to change to thread title viewing from outside..

Level 15
Ok, some quick feedback. I just tried 1 hero, the adminiral proundmoore guy.
His fire wall is imba, it damages buildings and it is PAIN! It can take out a tower in about 2 casts at level 1 and it kills creeps like mad... I suggest you nerf it or change it to his level 2 skill or ultimate.
I will give more feedback after trying the other heroes.
EDIT: I tried the gladiator and he can barely demolish buildings as well as the adminiral gay... its weird. Also, the cap system is nice.
EDIT2: Tried the Mountain King and his ultimate lags abit and his avatar adds tons of health but its ok cos he is a tanker. The low durtaion balances it.
EDIT3: Tried Jack, very fun hero to play! Good job on him. He has quite a hero killing potential so good job.
EDIT4: OMG! THE ANGEL IS JUST PURE AWESOME! Especially the ultimate, it owns! Though the angel model is not the best I've seen... There one on the Hive by General Frank, it pawns. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?status=g&search=angel&d=list&r=20
EDIT5: The Crypt King is quite ok... But the problem is his health is low and his bite is not really that powerful at early game but I guess he pawns late game.
Thats all for today, I gtg so bye.

Last edited:
Level 9
Ok, some quick feedback. I just tried 1 hero, the adminiral proundmoore guy.
His fire wall is imba, it damages buildings and it is PAIN! It can take out a tower in about 2 casts at level 1 and it kills creeps like mad... I suggest you nerf it or change it to his level 2 skill or ultimate.
I will give more feedback after trying the other heroes.
EDIT: I tried the gladiator and he can barely demolish buildings as well as the adminiral gay... its weird. Also, the cap system is nice.
EDIT2: Tried the Mountain King and his ultimate lags abit and his avatar adds tons of health but its ok cos he is a tanker. The low durtaion balances it.
EDIT3: Tried Jack, very fun hero to play! Good job on him. He has quite a hero killing potential so good job.
EDIT4: OMG! THE ANGEL IS JUST PURE AWESOME! Especially the ultimate, it owns! Though the angel model is not the best I've seen... There one on the Hive by General Frank, it pawns. Warcraft III Models
EDIT5: The Crypt King is quite ok... But the problem is his health is low and his bite is not really that powerful at early game but I guess he pawns late game.
Thats all for today, I gtg so bye.

Thanks for the feedbacks! Its best to test online with a fullhouse, some spells might look overpowered at the start but it shouldn't be after a few times of testing. Though i will agree there are things that are unbalance, i will look into it and see how it works among diffrent teams combination. As for the Angel model, i will see what i can do :)

Thanks again!

Level 9
Dreadnought[dA];813262 said:
It's fairly fast paced, but none of the abilities are very cool. Zack mentioned the angels ultimate, but I find it to just be a cinematic spell with really no use what so ever. None of the heroes take any skill to play and you haven't done anything some other AoS hasn't...

Thanks for testing. But if you say that the angel's ultimate is just effect and nothing else, you either didnt read the desiption or you didnt realy test it out. To support my statement, if you somehow cancel or move away while you are casting, the damage is base on how many angles of the effect is connected, so yes, if you connected 1 the damage will be less than 5.

If you say none heroes take any skills to play, well maybe some, because it is still beta, but i am sure you haven't test most of the heroes because they are some heroes that requires skil to play, for example Stalker, horde faction.

And did you try the capping system? I haven really see this in an AoS, correct me if i am wrong though.

Thanks for the feedback!. Though is better if you could give example and support about why things are bad or stuff like that, so i can improve on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.