• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

4th wow expansion: Mists of Pandaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
This new expansion was reaveled and yes as many of you I first thought this is obivusly a fake but I dont think it anymore. Here's a link http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2399-Mists-of-Pandaria

And you want to know why I dont think it's a fake? Well Chris Metzen said that they would want to make an island expansion one day and since Pandaria is an island it would be the perfect time to bring forth other islands like Zandalar, Kul Tiras, the lost isles, Kezan and Undermines. Also it was the same some days before the Wrath of the Lich King and cataclysm expansions where announced on Blizzcon, people said this is what will happen and people always doubted it. (exept for WotLK since every1 knew that would come.) And the most important reason why I think this expansion will come is because for the first time everyone can say that we have no idea what will show up it's all just things we assumes.

180px-Panda.jpg

Level 24
I know... that's kind of why I posted it here ^^ Also one thing I left out as I said we know nothing of this expansion unlike the others. For example when we heard of TBC expansion everyone knew Sargeras, Kil'Jaiden and maybe Archrimonde we also knew of pit lords and Neth'razims. In wotlk we knew that here we would see LK, Anub'arak, dragons and cult of the damned. In Cataclysm we knew of Deathwing, Cho'gall and N'Zath. But here we can actully make it 100% certain that we dont know a thing.

Level 3
The only thing confirmed is that it is a computer game software with a game disk. It could be an expansion but it is not limited to other things.

Level 24
Yea and I heard the same thing when I told people that there was coming an expansion called cataclysm and everyone laughed at me and called me an idiot, and who's laughing now? Well apearently my parents herd a fun joke so I gues it's them.

Level 23
But... I heard something like "don't do panda things" because of China

Brewmaster would like a word with you.

On Topic: Its quite obvious its gonna be some sort of new content, Duhr.
But really Pandaren have never really been a serious part of the story, I find it hard for it to be something as serious as a WOW expac.

Level 24
The fact is that Blizzard wount make another warcraft game while they're still producing starcraft 2 since they know that will make player choose betwen starcraft 2 or warcraft 4. And you're so desperate to find someway that can explain that this game is not a wow expansion that you dont see the truth we have many things that proves that they will make this expansion. For starters Blizzard has said that they want to make an island expansion and that they want to stay within Azeroth and both of those things would fit perfectly in a expansion like this. Second we know that something is going on in Zandalar since the zandalari tribe has gone from heroes to villans. And what is Zandalar? An island. They have also mentioned that they want to use Kul Tiras and we also know that Kul'Tiras would not be left unwatched by niether the humans or Sylvanas. And what is Kul Tiras? An island. Blizzard has also said that they want to use Kezan and the undermines and since Kezan wouldn't have been left alone by the goblins when the cataclysm is dealt with it will be wrapped in this mess. And what is Kezan? An island. And atlast we have Pandaria which is protected by a mist that nobody can get through. But someone found a way and that someone is likely to be N'Zath. And what is Pandaria? Can you gues? An island. So we have alot of islands an what is surrounding islands? Water. So we have an underwater god we have an underwater and we on top of that have the misterious water elemental lord that has dissepeared. Everything we have are pointing towards the islands so why do you desperatly try to find another explanaison?

Level 24
homer_facepalm.jpg

Pandas? Really? Unless they craft a new continent with a very deep back ground, awesome quests and with much diversity I doubt it'll be very good.

If you had seen what I wrote you would have know which part of Azeroth they would add, but since you didn't you dont know ;)

Level 23
The point is we are not asking for wc4.

The point is that everything Pandaren related to date has been either an easter egg, or non serious.

The only official non joke Pandaren to date is Chen from the Rexxar campaign, and he doesnt even play a major role.

I could buy the idea of South Seas/Broken Islands expansion, but seriously Pandaria?

Level 24
Why not, one thing all the previous expansions have had in common is that we have know about the bad guy in every expansion is. In TBC we had Kil'Jaiden, Illidan, Lady Vashj and Keal'Thas (even tho many might have guesed Sargeras would be an ingame boss.) In WotLK we knew that we would see LK and Anub'arak, And in cata every blind cat could have nemtioned Deathwing, Cho'gall and Old God. But in this expansion we can actully say that we dont know a thing and that really makes it more exicting and makes Blizzard able to make almost anything. And yes Pandarens where a April joke in the begining but they incrased in popularity swiftly and it's proven that they are no joke anymore since there actully are lore about them.

Level 7
Right now, I'm just thinking that they're shit out of ideas. To be honest, i really dont think they can pull much more out of the Warcraft story except what they to decide to pull out of their asses. Blizzard is just milking the game for all its worth, and I would be even more dissapointed in them if they indeed DID come out with Warcraft 4.

Level 24
Well since this discusion will keep on forever since this is not an argument about fact but rather about opinions, and because of that fact I think we can as well stop it now since otherwise we will have 10 pages of us arguing. I laid up this thread so I could hear what people think about this expansion so if you see this thread please tell me.

Level 7
Well since this discusion will keep on forever since this is not an argument about fact but rather about opinions, and because of that fact I think we can as well stop it now since otherwise we will have 10 pages of us arguing. I laid up this thread so I could hear what people think about this expansion so if you see this thread please tell me.

Whut... You say that this isn't an arugement anymore, then you tell us to stop arguing?

Last edited:
Level 24
Ok let me ask you this then if the next expansion is not a island expansion even though Blizzard is focusing attention to the island of Zandalar and Darkmoon fairy is going to get it's own island what do you think the next expansion will be? Also why take in Deathwing that is the old gods slave if not to bring forth N'Zath? Why would they even bother making up a name for the old god if they where not going to use it?

This is exactly like the time people where in denial of that the trolls where mutated into elves. (Or atleast the alliance members where :p)

Ok let me ask you this then if the next expansion is not a island expansion even though Blizzard is focusing attention to the island of Zandalar and Darkmoon fairy is going to get it's own island what do you think the next expansion will be? Also why take in Deathwing that is the old gods slave if not to bring forth N'Zath? Why would they even bother making up a name for the old god if they where not going to use it?

This is exactly like the time people where in denial of that the trolls where mutated into elves. (Or atleast the alliance members where :p)

I'm guessing they are going to do something with the Naga. (or old gods, or both) They scrapped releasing the Abyssal Maw instance saying that the throne of the tides pretty much wrapped up the vash'jir storyline, but I'm thinking they may still use it for later. Aside from the Throne of the Tides and the quests in Vash'jir, that area was not covered as much so I'm thinking they may want to revisit it.

Although, this is all just my own speculation. :p

Level 24
Maybe you could evolve that sentence because most people who dislike the new expansion just says ''It will SUCK!'' and never give a good explanaition to why. And the ones who actually gives a reason says ''Because it looks bad!'' seems not to have learned anything from Cataclysm since everyone took a small glimpse at cataclysm and said ''This will be the best expansion ever.'' and well, they where proven extremlly wrong. I don't know if Mists of Pandaria will be beter or worse then cataclysm, maybe it will become even more popular the WotLK was maybe it will end WoW forever but to actully think that you know that the game will suck before you've even tried it. And what seems even more strange is that you judge a race that nobody knows much about. So please evolve the statement so people might understand what you think will ruin the expansion because in this statement it's just random hating.

Level 14
Maybe you could evolve that sentence because most people who dislike the new expansion just says ''It will SUCK!'' and never give a good explanaition to why. And the ones who actually gives a reason says ''Because it looks bad!'' seems not to have learned anything from Cataclysm since everyone took a small glimpse at cataclysm and said ''This will be the best expansion ever.'' and well, they where proven extremlly wrong. I don't know if Mists of Pandaria will be beter or worse then cataclysm, maybe it will become even more popular the WotLK was maybe it will end WoW forever but to actully think that you know that the game will suck before you've even tried it. And what seems even more strange is that you judge a race that nobody knows much about. So please evolve the statement so people might understand what you think will ruin the expansion because in this statement it's just random hating.

Your partially right. What we saw related to Cataclysm was indeed the best expansion ever. All the way from leveling, to doing 5mans, to the first tier of raiding. Afterwards Blizzard decided to change their standpoint, and make everything... well... to the crap which is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.