• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

₪ - Animal Life II ORPG - ₪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Rommstein had most difficult systems already made before he stopped working on it, most of the big things like the creep AI and Selection in the beginning.

All that needs to get done now are:
-Spells
-Quests
-Terrain
-Story

That's a bit - but we have all the groundwork already there.

Btw: Romm, you haven't gotten back to me on this - any way you can give me the map via Paste bin?

Btw2: Please continue contributing Spells Ideas if you have before, this project isn't dead yet.

Level 6
I'm sorry, I am on my test period at school, it's so boring I don't have much time for myself. :(
This week-end, I see the rest of my family, and I won't get internet so I won't have time to prepare the map. And next week, I don't know if I will be able to, cause of all homeworks. x_x
I'm sorry for long time, but I'll give it !

Level 1
Well if we can get this done eventually then thats great to here.

What animals do we still need spells for? Im sure a can throw out some if i think it over.

Level 6
Hey people, finally I've send the map to WherewolfTherewolf. Sorry for all this time elapsed, I had a lot of homework. Now I'm in vacation ! :D

If someone of you - new AL2 mappers - has any question about the map, send me a pm and I'll see if I can help.

Animal Life II for the win ! :)

Level 1
I dont think an Orpg would need a storyline like regular rpgs. But if theres anythings that makes it more then just a lvling game then im all good for it.

{EDIT}
ok... im 16 so this might sound kinda childish to bring up but how bout if we need a story we use one like the animated movie The Land Before Time where all the speices are trying to get to this paradise that has no carnivores and has plenty of food

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah cinematics are great ways to add in storyline, of course we'll need to make them skip-able for the less patient players, but anything to add a story to an orpg is a good idea.

The main thing about ORPGs is that they always turn to random grinding without even caring about the story, people just look for their objectives without even trying to find out why their doing it. I'd like to at least make people interested in the "why" for this as random grinding becomes hollow pretty quickly.

Level 15
Well, I got bored about reading at page Nº6 :p

Erm, I'm interested in helping you WWTW, I'm a good mapper, not the best though... but mostly, I'm a very creative person, and ideas are something I get really easy.

Also I'm from Argentina and i have a nice language, so if you ever need a Spanish translation, you also have one right here.

Level 15
Turtle <Tanking Unit>:

Hard Shell
: <Passive Ability> Adds X extra armor with each level.
Taunt n' Hide: Forces a unit to attack the unit and grant's X armor to the turtle but immobilize any movement or attack of the Turtle for X time.
Pain Suppression: Ignores up to X damage. Lasts X time.
Resistant Skin: <Passive Ability> Adds X extra resistance to X damage.

Well it needs to be a wide variety, the last game had like 12 available for every hero, though they weren't all that interesting. I'd rather have 8 good spells then 12 boring ones, so if we end up dry on ideas we can lower then number.

I'll get together all the idea's so far here:

-War Cry: Lets out a loud bark that terrifies and knocks back all nearby enemies causing them to have reduced move and attack speed for a period of time.
-Howl: Melodically Howls a soothing song restoring health to the Wolf and nearby allies (channeling).
-First Strike: CAN ONLY BE USED IF BEHIND THE ENEMY (this could be good for synergy, get an ally to distract the enemy then use this) - LEAVES A BUFF ON THE TARGET UNIT, THIS SPELL CANNOT BE USED UNTIL THE BUFF WEARS OFF. Leaps up and bites at the targets neck in an attempt to cause intense bleeding and wrestle the creature to the ground. Causes the target to have reduced move speed, damage over time and take increased damage from allies attacks.
-Leer: (yeah yeah, taken from Pokemon) Stares at the target unit with icy abode, striking fear into it's very heart causing the unit to have decreased attack damage and defense.
-Pack Tactics: The more allies you have with you, the more damage you and your allies deal on attack. Other wolves provide a greater attack bonus. (Can be stacked between wolves)
-Alpha: Leads the Pack into combat, causing all nearby allies to fight with greater zeal, increasing their damage for a short period of time (like Battle Roar).
-Spirit Wolves Cry: (just thought I'd throw in a projectile) The wolf harness the power of its ancestors releasing a cry that causes a surge (use a ghostly wolf running as the projectile) that damages all enemies in a line in front of the wolf. I know this is a bit "mystical," but I still wanted to kinda keep it realistic even for a fictional animal so I figured ancestors would be the best explanation - if you don't like it It's fine, I just figured I'd throw out the idea to try and give the wolf at least 1 spell with a bit of a range.
Overwhelm - Like the Bear
Dread Howl - Knocks all nearby enemies back and stuns for half a second
Tail Whip - (Pokemon inspired) Lowers aggression towards the hero wolf

-Paw Swipe: Bats the enemy with huge clawed paws (hmm is paw the correct term for a bear?) dealing intense damage and causing bleeding (damage over time).
-Tornado: (Only using Tornado as a term for the technique) The bear strikes at all sides using a swift spinning strike dealing damage to enemies around the bear.
-Bestial Endurance: As the bears health decreases, its will to fight increases giving the bear increased Defense proportional to the amount of health lost (also add a slight bonus when it's at full health - so its not just useful when low on health).
-Swift Feet: The bear rushes to the target location, pushing any units caught in its path out of the way and stunning them.
-Taunt: Normal taunt from Wc3, simple but it works
Overwhelm - jump onto the enemy and strike multiple times at the helpless prey.
Rip (teeth) - Bite hard into the enemy causing bleeding (damage over time)
Intimidate - like tuant but for the motion the bear stands on its back feet and swats its arms ~ also lowers enemy attack for a little while on the target (single target)
-Bears Presence: the very presence of a bear is terrifying, causing nearby enemies to move much more slowly out of fear
-Rage: the Bear goes into an uncontrolled rage, attacking all nearby enemies but losing control (player control) for a short period of time. Each attack the Bear take deals twice the damage but incites the bear to more violence increasing its attack speed.
-Finish: Only works on units with less then 5% (2.5% for bosses with a lot of health) health The bear picks the target up and rends it in the air finishing it off, instantly killing it, also feeding the bear a slight amount while still producing a normal corpse. long Cooldown
-Bonsei Slam: The bear picks up it's entire body, slamming its weight onto the target unit dealing intense damage but dealing some recoil damage back to the bear. Also damages any (including allies) that are near the target dealing lesser damage.

-Burrow Strike: The scorpion burrows on the ground, and goes attack one nearby random target. Also envenoms the target.
Poison Injection - poke the enemy with the tail damage over time
Death Poison - (used on weaker enemies with low HP) Finishes the off with poison
Burrowing Death - Tunnel underground towards the target ~ appear next to him (stuns for half a sec because of surprise) sting and deal damage over time and lower defense temporary
Snip - Snip your target deal extra damage each strike (Auto cast ability)

Tusk Rush - Rush the enemy and ram the tusks into him temporary stunning him with the impact
-Boar Rush - runs forward, plowing through units that get in its way dealing intense damage.
-Horn Throw - Stick um' and flip um' - The boar gets its Horns underneath the target and flips it high into the air, dealing damage upon returning to the ground and damaging other enemies it lands on.
-Forage - The boar searches for Truffles in the ground - if the boar happens to find some, it digs them up so they can be eaten to restore health. (% chance to find increases with level, mana cost decreases - truffles appear like plants, but for fairness sake they should be able to be eaten by carnivores).
-Mud Slap - (another jacked Pokemon spell) the Boar slams at the ground, spraying mud/dirt/sand into the eyes of enemies dealing light damage and giving them a % chance to miss upon attack (Curse spell). This should hit all enemies in front of the boar when cast.
-Haze - beats the target silly, causing it to have a high % chance to miss upon attack for a period of time (a more extreme but single target V of Mud Slap).

Infection - (this idea came to me because it recently happen to me ~ lol) Bite the opponent and deal damage, after a few seconds the target gets infected and take constant damage and reduced abilities.
Crawl - The spider is small enough to crawl over the enemy and attack multiple times in quick succession without fear of counter attack.
Camouflage - spiders blend very well into their environment ~ turn invisible ~ wind walk
Web Trap - Lay a trap that when enemies walk over it traps them in that position for a time

Trample - Stomp the enemy with powerful hovers
Pacify (passive) - (Deers/Stags are seen as more peaceful creatures) Enemies become more relaxed in the presence of the stag and suffer from debuffs
Stampede - (More effective with more young) the stags charge to a destination and damage all that are in their path
-Support Aura: The very presence of a Deer creates a comforting aura that passively increases the health regeneration rate of nearby allies.
-Hoove Bash: Brings down heavy hooves upon the head of the target, stunning it
-Defender: The Stag makes a concentrated effort to guard the target, causing the target to have drastically increased defense but preventing the Stag from attacking while using this.
-One, Two Strike: (simple but whatever) The Deer bashes the area in front of him/her with Antlers and then consecutively kicks the area behind him/her causing damage to units in the area in front and behind the deer and pushing them away.
-Comfort: Comforts the target, causing the unit to regain health as long as this is channeled.

Hunker Up - Go into the shell and become immobile and unable to attack but gain a huge amount of defense
Snap - Bite down with powerful jaws immobilizing the enemy
Shell Out - (Used after Hunker Up) Roll into the enemy dealing minimal damage

Bulk - after eating you gain a fat reserve that comes into play later (More of a spell every one has)
Fat Reserves - Mid Battle when you are tired you can burn some fat reserves to regain some energy and a little tiny bit of HP.

Of course I just copied and pasted the ideas to have them in one place, we'll definitely have to remove ones that are:
-unnecessary
-make no sense
-imbalanced

Also we're probably going to have to change around the descriptions making them better/make more sense - how is whipping an enemy with your tail going to lower aggression?

We're going to want to finalize the lists before we get started on actually making the spells, we should follow a format of doing this so it's all easy to see and work with:

(WiP, not sure exactly how to use table tags)
Creature Spells

Spell Name
Effects
Icon:
icons_11710_btn.jpg
If we find it necessary, we may have to remove some creatures, even if it's temporary.

Last edited:
You forget about my any unit spells :)

Bulk and Fat Reserves

This is back on page three I think.

Sorry, I was sorting through a lot of information to get all that together - I'll add them to it in a second.

--------
K, I think we should focus on a single animal first and get a "final" spell set up for it, then move on to the next:

Roles:
Wolf = Speed and Attack
Bear = Attack and Defense (tank?)
Scorpion = Assassin
Spider = Assassin
Boar = Attack and Defense (tank?)
Deer = Speed and Support (Support?)
Turtle = Defense (tank?)

This is what they seem to be - we should better define the roles too so we can pick appropriate skills for them. We should also remove some redundancy from the list.

-Also I believe Lizards were also a character choice that no one seemed to make any spell ideas for.

-The in game models for a lot of these are terrible - if anyone can get some better models/skins for them that would help (the deer skin is particularly atrocious along with it's lake of attack animations.

Level 15
Wolf = DPS-Support / Agi -Speciality, support roars and demoralizing roars, and fast dps, low armor.

Bear = DPS-Tank / Str -Speciality, high hit points, huge damage, slow attack.

Scorpion = DPS / Int -Speciality, high over time damage and stacking damage, a bit vulnerable

Spider = DPS / Agi -Speciality, really fast attacks, traps, very vulnerable.

Boar = Tank / Str -Speciality, extrem armor, balanced unit and easy for first time play.

Deer = Healer-Support / Int -Speciality, healing and supporting with tranquility auras, medianly vulnerable, low damage

Turtle = Tank / Str -Speciality, Uber armor, low damage

Elk = DPS-Healer / Int -Speciality, nice healing, nice damage, low attack speed. (Male ; Female)

What do you think? (i reorganized and added 1 more char)
Note: BASED ON REALISTIC ANIMAL STATS.

Last edited:
Well, i think the scorpion and the spider should be differed a bit as well. The scorpion should not be vulnerable, it's armor plated, for gods' sake. But i would say that it should be equivalent to a battlemage. An Int user that doesn't mind getting hammered a bit.

And the spider should be a bit more focused on traps. it can make webs, and also serve as a CC'er as a result of that. Plus, poison glands should also make for it to be able to create poisonous traps.

Oh well, that was the biggest thing i thought about.

Also, i'm without internet for some time... i'll check back from time to time, when i get internet.

Have fun! Can't wait for when i see the progress!

Level 15
Edited what Gamecrafter_DK mentioned, and WWTW, I added Elk cuz, yeah, it's similar to the Deer, but still it's not the same animal, and also male Elks are more an agressive animal than a peaceful one, instead male Deers, are just as peacefully as females.
They could be like a WoW Paladin, DPS or Heal (no tank :p)

hmmmm Idk - still seems a bit redundant - I guess best way to see would be to see them actually in action, but if it's still redundant we'll have to remove them.

How about first we focus on a few "core" animals and get their spells ready first (ones that play the most important yet basic rolls for games like this) for beta and then move into the more specialty choices.

Also:
If you happen to find any good models for these please link them here - some Blizz models aren't exactly the greatest and most animal/creep models are a bit limited in animation.

If anyone can add animations to the models that will be very much appreciated.

Also the Deer model from Wc3 is still terrible as ever so if anyone can find or make a replacement that would be very much appreciated (not that even a skin might not cut it here - the Deer model has terrible animations (it looks like it's floating when its walking) - also another slightly more simple change (actually I can probably do this) is that female deer don't have antlers.

Level 15
Boar, Deer/Elk and Wolf would be the "core" animals maybe?

I can do texture changes and replacement, yet i can't totally reskin a unit. (just in case you need).

BTW, I'm looking for nice models, if i do find one, i'll put it right here.

EDIT: heyheyhey!! look at this model

maybe asking olofmoleman and removing the antlers would make that model REALLY fit?

Maybe a secret hero? :O

a croc/lizard unit?

a better model for the boar maybe.

Maybe a secret hero? :O

-Import that model into a map and witness the true failure of it. How it slipped through the rules of this site is beyond me - no offense against MC but his model sucks.
-I always wanted to add a dragon hero, but then again Rommsteins original vision was something a bit more realistic (eh well to a point). Also adding cheats and such into a wc3 game is a bit cheap, once someone finds out that's all they'll do and it will spread through other players until other heroes are disregarded - also it's not much of a secret when someone can simply open your map to look at the triggers to find little things like that. Maybe add it in later (with a better model of course - also Olof (I think it's Olaf's) won't fit in here - his model is pretty amazing, but I don't really like the style and it looks odd next to wc3 units), but if we do you people will have to suppress the want to make it some amazing hero - it all has to balanced.

EDIT: heyheyhey!! look at this model

Well that could work, I haven't taken a look at it's animations but it definitely looks better then the wc3 one. The only thing is that's meant to be a pre-historic giant deer (think dino-deer). Unless we can find a better model that will definitely work for the time being.

a croc/lizard unit?

Well Lizard was originally a choice, no one seemed to make spells for it though. Anyways I'm all for having a lizard hero - and something a bit larger then the tiny ones used in the first game - such small heroes seem a bit odd, even if it is accurately scaled - how could something so small deal so much damage? Anyways the snap dragon models animations are ranged so that will definitely work.

a better model for the boar maybe.

Well it seems a bit bulkier, but there isn't a huge amount of changes in that. It doesn't seem all that necassary, but using the black model for the male or female dimorphism could help.

Level 6
Well, maybe not a secret either hidden unit, but a reward unit? like, have a full character, and you get the dragon unit as reward.
I know I'm not more working on the project, but please don't add unreal animals to the map. However, a friend of mine had the idea to add the penguin as a reward/cheat. It can be done, and give some fun to the map. I guess it should be a reward, so the player has to switch his current level max hero with a level 1 penguin. The penguin should not be stronger than the other, but could have some funny spells.

Well, I think you should first try to finish all spells for some animals, release a beta map, and when you'll have done almost everything (like the save/load system), you could think a bit more about this idea. :wink:

Keep up good work mates !

Level 6
Well, I'm 12, a story based on the actual map would actually sound nice. I don't have any ideas about the story ATM. Good luck on your map though ;).

Level 15
I know I'm not more working on the project, but please don't add unreal animals to the map. However, a friend of mine had the idea to add the penguin as a reward/cheat. It can be done, and give some fun to the map. I guess it should be a reward, so the player has to switch his current level max hero with a level 1 penguin. The penguin should not be stronger than the other, but could have some funny spells.

Well, I think you should first try to finish all spells for some animals, release a beta map, and when you'll have done almost everything (like the save/load system), you could think a bit more about this idea. :wink:

Keep up good work mates !

Well, the idea of the dragon actually sucks, but something like a penguin, or maybe a sheep are much better, just as your friend said.
That would even motivate players to keep playing with more efficiency.
Also maybe a few unlockable animals would be cool too, like.. dunno, if you lvl up to max a DPS animal and get certain lvl items, you get the sheep character, if you lvl up healing animals and get certain lvl items, you get the penguin, and so with tanks getting a cow or something, i think i saw a cow model over there.
Sounds like a nice idea to me.

BTW: check this model, pretty nice and still a realistic animal: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/bison-normal-white-169635/?prev=search=cow&d=list&r=20

Level 6
As I said, before thinking about this kind of ideas, you should begin to work on some animals, to release a beta map.

By the way, WherewolfTherewolf, I guess you will be the leader of the project, and the one who will work on the map itself. So if you have some problems on something I made, don't hesitate to send me a pm, I'll try to help you.

Well, the idea of the dragon actually sucks, but something like a penguin, or maybe a sheep are much better, just as your friend said.
That would even motivate players to keep playing with more efficiency.
Also maybe a few unlockable animals would be cool too, like.. dunno, if you lvl up to max a DPS animal and get certain lvl items, you get the sheep character, if you lvl up healing animals and get certain lvl items, you get the penguin, and so with tanks getting a cow or something, i think i saw a cow model over there.
Sounds like a nice idea to me.

We haven't even finished the ones that were decided to already be in the game - no need to start tacking on gag animals yet.

{EDIT}
By the way, WherewolfTherewolf, I guess you will be the leader of the project, and the one who will work on the map itself.

Well gamecrafter offered to work on the actual coding too, and you pretty much have all the base systems in place so really it's just generating the ideas, terrain and coding the spells.

BTW
I will be gone next week for vacation in Mexico - feel free to continue working on ideas for the game, I'd like to have everything organized and ready before we actually start coding the game.

Other things that we need:
-Ideas for Quests - coding quests is fairly easy to do, we just need ideas
-Lore/Story - an ORPG becomes pretty bland without at least some form of background story or a main story with a series of canon quests to it (hmmm is canon used in context as part of the main story spelled the same way as canon as in the weapon?).
-Ideas for the terrain areas - varied terrain is also key to an interesting orpg, if everyplace looks the same it will get pretty blande.
What we have so far on terrain:
-Starter forest (none of these names are final) - the fairly easy place where you start
-some tropical type islands - another fairly easy place, less complicated in layout then the forest
-"Deep forest" - well it's not intensely deep, but it's a bit more complicated
-Some mountain ranges

For terrain I'd like to have vast open terrain areas too along with complicated and narrow ones, basically I want everything to show the variety of actual terrain on the planet.

Some things we can't exactly fit in:
-I don't think we can create a varied enough tileset to squeeze in an "ice" sort of area, after we got enough terrain for the main game we could try to and see what we can get, but I'm not sure how well it'd go.
-I would love to add a desert/canyon sort terrain, but the sand tile we're working with is a bit more "beach-y" - and we've got plenty of places it's used in so this may not be an option either.
-I don't think we can fit in a volcano type area either, unless its like an area thats regrown with lush vegetation many years after it erupted.

Things about terrain:
Something that's annoying in OPRG's is terrain that all looks the same - many ORPG's fall into this, flat fields or cookie cutter forests it all tends to blend together.
The key to getting around this is Landmarks, certain areas that look notable and memorable - these also make finding your way around a terrain much easier and can be referenced in quests (I'd think animals would remember landmarks much more easily then names - things like "the largest tree in the forest" or "the crater with glowing rocks in it" will make finding your way to unique things in quests much easier).

About quests:
Well "kill x bla bla bla" is something that's sort of essential for these types of games, but it gets incredibly boring if all quests seem to fit into the same style - thus varied quests is something we need to have too - even if the story of the quest is temporary, we should put effort into making it immersive in some way thus background stories to quests are just as important as the goal and reward (I know plenty of people are just going to skip the background and go straight to what to get and what they get from it, but there are also plenty of people who care about why too, and often ORPGs leave them hanging).

Level 49
Decided I'd give my try for spell ideas, and general 'hero' roles. Since this seems like a realistic game, which is nice, I'd hate to see lame fantasy-like\unrealistic spells.

Bear:

Bears are large omnivorous animals, feeding on plants and small animals but will not hesitate to eat larger animals such as wolves when necessary or when threatened. Bears are the largest predators in the forest, and very often hunt and live alone. However, female bears are very maternal animals and will protect their children at all costs. Bears are fast animals, although still slower than canines such as Wolves. They make their homes in dens and caves. Male bears are larger and thus stronger than female bears, although female bears have maternal traits that can make them far more effective in combat if their children are endangered.
In practice, food is the bear's least concern. As bears are omnivorous, they may feed on small animals, vegetables and even large animals such as wolves alike. Their traits further promote this advantage as they are able to fish for fish and climb on trees to gather the best acorns and fruits.
Bears are also intimidating opponents, slow but tough, able to survive large pain and damage as well as to maul an enemy to death with its claws.
Bears make their homes in caves, and are most comfortable there.

• Cave Protection:

Habitat trait of bears. A bear inside a cave is more well-protected than a bear in the open wilds, thus when a bear is inside a cave he gains bonus armor.
  • Threatening Roar:

The bear roars in attempt to back away enemies. Nearby animals will be afflicted with fear, the effects of which will range on the amount of allies the animal has. A single animal will be filled with fear and will be forced to back away, unable to attack anything or use any offensive abilities for X seconds. A pair of animals of the same species will be afraid to strike at first, losing the ability to cast any spells for X-2(so it's a shorter duration than it would be if it was a single animal) seconds but will be able to attack. A group of 3 or more animals will not be affected.
  • Wide Sweep:

The bear claws at all enemies directly in front of him, hurting multiple animals at once. (Could add a bleeding effect here as well)
  • Fish:

While in the water or near a shore, the bear may attempt to catch a fish which will act as a minor food source, and will be immediately eaten.
  • Fat Reserves:

(someone suggested something with that name, I think, so I'm sorry if I'm 'stealing ideas' here, I just could not think of a more fitting name) The bear, being a large animal, can save up much fat in his body, thus decreasing the rate at which his energy degenerates. Also increases the bear's armor. (Passive ability)
  • Maternal Rage:

(Only available to female bears) If the bear's cubs are threatened or attacked while she is nearby, she will enter a rage to protect her cubs with her life. At this state she will attack much faster and each attack will deal more damage, but she will take more damage when she is attacked. The rage will end 3 seconds after her children or herself are no longer threatened(she killed the enemy/enemies or the enemy/enemies have ran away, or her children are away from combat).
  • Lone Hunter:

Bears, when in dire need, are great hunters(although they prefer vegetation and berries as a diet). A bear, being a large creature, is an intimating foe, and bears have learned to use that advantage while hunting on their own, rather than in a pack like wolves do - bears will gain bonus damage basing on their strength, and the amount of enemies they are fighting with. The more animals attacking a bear, the more dangerous he becomes.
  • Tree Climb:

A bear is able to climb on a tree to reach rich food sources such as acorns. This food will greatly boost the energy of the bear but will not heal as much as meat will. Some trees may not contain food and as thus are unclimbable.

That's for start. I will probably make the others later.

Seems like Debode has some good ideas there - I think we have plenty of Bear spell ideas now so we should move to finalizing it's move set.

So for the move set, it has to progress and work with the player as the player unlocks the spells to use, thus instead of a random compilation of bear-ish spells we should work to make the order you unlock them and what they are used for meaningful.

All bear spell ideas currently:

-Paw Swipe: Bats the enemy with huge clawed paws (hmm is paw the correct term for a bear?) dealing intense damage and causing bleeding (damage over time).
-Tornado: (Only using Tornado as a term for the technique) The bear strikes at all sides using a swift spinning strike dealing damage to enemies around the bear.
-Bestial Endurance: As the bears health decreases, its will to fight increases giving the bear increased Defense proportional to the amount of health lost (also add a slight bonus when it's at full health - so its not just useful when low on health).
-Swift Feet: The bear rushes to the target location, pushing any units caught in its path out of the way and stunning them.
-Taunt: Normal taunt from Wc3, simple but it works
Overwhelm - jump onto the enemy and strike multiple times at the helpless prey.
Rip (teeth) - Bite hard into the enemy causing bleeding (damage over time)
Intimidate - like tuant but for the motion the bear stands on its back feet and swats its arms ~ also lowers enemy attack for a little while on the target (single target)
-Bears Presence: the very presence of a bear is terrifying, causing nearby enemies to move much more slowly out of fear
-Rage: the Bear goes into an uncontrolled rage, attacking all nearby enemies but losing control (player control) for a short period of time. Each attack the Bear take deals twice the damage but incites the bear to more violence increasing its attack speed.
-Finish: Only works on units with less then 5% (2.5% for bosses with a lot of health) health The bear picks the target up and rends it in the air finishing it off, instantly killing it, also feeding the bear a slight amount while still producing a normal corpse. long Cooldown
-Bonsei Slam: The bear picks up it's entire body, slamming its weight onto the target unit dealing intense damage but dealing some recoil damage back to the bear. Also damages any (including allies) that are near the target dealing lesser damage.
Cave Protection: Habitat trait of bears. A bear inside a cave is more well-protected than a bear in the open wilds, thus when a bear is inside a cave he gains bonus armor.
Threatening Roar: The bear roars in attempt to back away enemies. Nearby animals will be afflicted with fear, the effects of which will range on the amount of allies the animal has. A single animal will be filled with fear and will be forced to back away, unable to attack anything or use any offensive abilities for X seconds. A pair of animals of the same species will be afraid to strike at first, losing the ability to cast any spells for X-2(so it's a shorter duration than it would be if it was a single animal) seconds but will be able to attack. A group of 3 or more animals will not be affected.
Wide Sweep: The bear claws at all enemies directly in front of him, hurting multiple animals at once. (Could add a bleeding effect here as well)
Fish: While in the water or near a shore, the bear may attempt to catch a fish which will act as a minor food source, and will be immediately eaten.
Fat Reserves:(someone suggested something with that name, I think, so I'm sorry if I'm 'stealing ideas' here, I just could not think of a more fitting name) The bear, being a large animal, can save up much fat in his body, thus decreasing the rate at which his energy degenerates. Also increases the bear's armor. (Passive ability)
Maternal Rage: (Only available to female bears) If the bear's cubs are threatened or attacked while she is nearby, she will enter a rage to protect her cubs with her life. At this state she will attack much faster and each attack will deal more damage, but she will take more damage when she is attacked. The rage will end 3 seconds after her children or herself are no longer threatened(she killed the enemy/enemies or the enemy/enemies have ran away, or her children are away from combat).
Lone Hunter: Bears, when in dire need, are great hunters(although they prefer vegetation and berries as a diet). A bear, being a large creature, is an intimating foe, and bears have learned to use that advantage while hunting on their own, rather than in a pack like wolves do - bears will gain bonus damage basing on their strength, and the amount of enemies they are fighting with. The more animals attacking a bear, the more dangerous he becomes.
Tree Climb: A bear is able to climb on a tree to reach rich food sources such as acorns. This food will greatly boost the energy of the bear but will not heal as much as meat will. Some trees may not contain food and as thus are unclimbable.

Okay, well the first spell should be something that would be useful in many situations, but also simple. My guess is a simple damage type attack would work well for it.

Bear Spells

Claw Swipe - Spell 1
Bats the enemy with large claws, dealing damage and causing the target to bleed out over time.
86141d1279550302-animal-life-ii-orpg-btnstrengthofthewild.jpg

Attachments

• BTNStrengthOfTheWild.jpg
    BTNStrengthOfTheWild.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 183
Cool, good as progress has pretty much come to a stand-still.

It seems something is wrong with the map I've been working on the terrain on though, it must be corrupted or something as it causes wc3 to fail upon loading (wanted to see it in game and mess around to find optimal camera settings for the view). I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but I hope it's fixable (the systems Herran made are in a different map so those are still fine).

@Icoria

umm I'm not exactly sure what we could do with animated textures but I'll think about it.

{EDIT}
Idk - maybe removing all the triggers or something can fix it or something - I'll mess with it later.

So we're going to have to start working on spells and such along with story.

One thing I've been wondering about would be dropping the insect heroes. Giant random insects doesn't really make all that sense, and including them interacting with more advanced creatures like mammals makes even less sense. Perhaps just hold off working on them until we have the rest of the game working well.

I'm also not to sure about the uses/implications of the alliance system. Being an ORPG you'd want to players to work together to accomplish the quests you give them, so giving them the option to randomly kill each other because they're a dick/they're pissed off isn't all that useful - and I can foresee players getting to high levels then just killing people just starting the game for fun.

Level 2
If its anything like the first one then i already love it :D i hosted the first one like 10 times in last 2 days O_O sadly people don't like staying cause its not being updated and nothing to do past lvl 26 (lvl 27 or 28 wolf)

Well I would love to beta test if that's possible. Big fan can't wait :D

Status
Not open for further replies.