• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lords of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I usually don't like when they change their stories (since Kargath was originally slave in ogre mine, not arena), but this change may be for the better. Besides, it's not really that big change anyway xD. They surely made him more awesome :)

Level 25
I usually don't like when they change their stories (since Kargath was originally slave in ogre mine, not arena), but this change may be for the better. Besides, it's not really that big change anyway xD. They surely made him more awesome :)

There was never any lore to back up the story of him being a slave in the mines. It was something Blizzard came up with for Warlords of Draenor anyway, and I guess they just changed their minds on the direction they wanted to take him.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Right, I mean, there are far worse examples that Kargath.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

They'll probably release it soon. It's been a while since this one was released.

Level 21
You guys ever watched the Emperor Pandaria stuff in which the Emperor needed to deal with certain Sha?
It's kinda like that with some of the Warlords instead, and Orcs, Ogres, some blood shed and what not.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Does eveyone have to be chained and tortured by ogres?

Level 25
Really, so:
1.He is Captured by Gay Ogre for the "word"(probably the word is cake).
2.He raids Ogres and lose.
3.Ogres Retaliate and kill Golka.
4.Grommash Revengy!
5.Grom eats Gaygre's ear
6.Another revenge. WIN!!!
7.Grom become warlord.

Really, There are two Groms? I don't understand.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I don't expect much from Kilrogg's story, they'll probably find a way to involve ogres again. I'd like to see a good story for Durotan.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Oh, come on, it's not bad at all :D

Level 24
Already saw it on the main thread. Disappointment tbh.

I think it was rather good actually, I was rather disappointed in part two but part one and three were in my opinion really good. I also think that the third part was the most important one of them all as Horde characters will spend much time fighting alongside the Frostwolf Clan.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

@Razosh: I agree. It seems that people have failed to understand it's point for some reason. I also dislike LoW for Grommash, since it's purpose, IMO, was to make him a badass and nothing more. (also, it was almost a copy/paste from Kargath)

Level 24
@Razosh: I agree. It seems that people have failed to understand it's point for some reason. I also dislike LoW for Grommash, since it's purpose, IMO, was to make him a badass and nothing more. (also, it was almost a copy/paste from Kargath)

It was a copy and that was the problem though I would say that the point of both part 1 and 2 was to highlight the war between the ogres and the orcs and not to make Grommash into a bad @$$. They also seem to want to highlight that Grommash is evil as shown in his treatment of his wife, not surprising though as he's going to be the end boss.

Level 10
I'm eager to see what they do with Blackrock since he's the last one in the series, but what confuses me is that Durotan isn't really a part of the Iron Horde, the Iron Horde is primarily Grommash and Garrosh, secondarily, Blackhand, Kargath, Kilrogg and Ner'zhul, and lastly, Azuka (Burning Blade chieftan), Fenris (Thunderlord chieftan) and Zaela (Dragonmaw chieftan). I would've really loved it if all of them (except Garrosh) got a video in the Lords of War series, but since the series is supposed to be a timekiller until WoD is released, and it takes a while to make the videos, I guess they'll run out of time to make more.

Level 10
Probably, plus Azuka and Fenris will most likely die early on through questing, it would have been nice if at least Ner'Zhul got one.

I agree, Azuka and Fenris don't have much of a history, so they'll end up like Ned Stark soon enough, but I don't think Zaela will die soon, she has a decently thick background story, and plus Dragonmaw is a much more important clan than the Burning Blade or the Thunderlord..
They should've given out the videos arranging in rank, as in at first :- Kilrogg, Ner'zhul, Kargath, Blackhand and lastly Grommash. But I guess the reason they put Grom first is so that our hopes would be crushed like an ant. Grom has been and always will be, the gnarliest Orc in the Warcraft-verse, but his son is just an obese ball of sweat and pride and a worthless excuse of a Warchief.

Level 24
I hope it ends really good too, it started of so good but I have a feeling that Kargath is going to remain the best story.

Level 10
Kargath had a reasonable and a quite bold story, it makes us get why he's such a badass and a warlord, Kilrogg's proved that he was batshit crazy, but trying to save his people, and he completed his father's prophecy at hand without even knowing it. Grom constantly attacked the Ogres, left his wife for dead, got captured, and was starved until death when he ate an Ogre and became warlord, and Durotan was just trying to save his mother when he sacrificed their precious worg. Come at us, Blackhand, come at us with strenght and fire!

Level 24
Don't forget that Blackhand is a puppet he might have been the warchief in the first war but he had a puppeteer controlling his every move.

Level 24
Blackhand was a warrior who was only famed for his strength and cruelty his story would have been a copy of Kargath's and Grommash's, I think that either Ner'Zhul or Maraad were the best choices. I am not dissapointed in Blizzards choice though I agree that maybe they could have done a separate series for the Dreanai and the Frostwolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.