• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[360] Mass Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone checked out this game yet?

This is the most good looking game to come out on the 360 so far. There is nothing better in in-game graphics than this. Don't bother arguing.

Youtube movies are low-res, but I assure you the real trailers (available on masseffect.bioware.com) are much much higher quality.
Trailer 1.
Trailer 2
Sneak Peek

I can't wait to play this.

Reactions: Ash

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Man, all these next gen games are revolutionizing everything, it's amazing.

I might just have to go against my better judgment and get a 360 sometime in the future.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Not true, the "next generation game" sonic the hedgehog for 360 was not that revolutionary, infact only the graphics were next gen like but some how they managed to even mess them up and cause slow downs that make the matrix seem to be fighting fast at certian times. Also the 360 does not offer many advantages and to play online you need to go through a 1 hour registration time and then often have to pay. Also its orignal Xbox support sucks, requiring internet to install it and even still I had it crash 7 times when playing it. But if you are a fan of FPS like this then the 360 is made for you since there are countless of them that look like this made for the 360. But currently the only game I could see worth getting was Sonic the Hedgehog for my 360 that I won at school and that was not really good, but that is all sega's fault for rushing it and dropping most of the levels and storyline. I never thought such load times were possiable until sega did it with that game and silver/shadow were too week compaired to sonic and so multiplayer matches are impossiable. Most games I have for it are orignal Xbox and so Chriz my recomendations are simple, stick to your wii and save your money for a pentium dual/quad core vista machine with a nvedia 8800GTX and 3-4 GB ram. With that you can enjoy better than 360 graphics and preformance at an even bigger next gen scale and you get old systems like playstation 2 emulation chucked in for free thanks to emulators. Also microsoft is trying to encourage people to release games for xbox360 and vista with compatiable multiplayer support so many games can be expected to come out for both systems once vista works better.

Level 14
Mass Effect will kick ass more when it comes to PC (and oh, yes, it will).

The graphics? Pfft. The gameplay? Bring it on. KOTOR++ without the bugs, bigger, and better, with good combat? I'm sold.

With that you can enjoy better than 360 graphics and preformance at an even bigger next gen scale and you get old systems like playstation 2 emulation chucked in for free thanks to emulators.

No, you don't. That's illegal (well, it may actually be legal if you have brought a PS2, otherwise you have no right to use the kernal that emulation software requires).

Also microsoft is trying to encourage people to release games for xbox360 and vista with compatiable multiplayer support so many games can be expected to come out for both systems once vista works better.

Yea, like Halo2. Which disadvantages anyone not using an x-box360 controller by giving them autoaim.

Level 10
But currently the only game I could see worth getting was Sonic the Hedgehog for my 360

They made sonic horrible, Like seriously, after he became 3d it became horrible.

Thats the WORST game on the 360 right now. Like seriously, no wonder you hate the 360... Get some real games.. Go gather up 40 bucks and buy Gears of war, then tell me 360 sucks..

It sucks so badly now, how can you even say its the only game worth getting?

Buddy, its like the only game NOT Worth getting.. Are you stupid?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

But currently the only game I could see worth getting was Sonic the Hedgehog for my 360 that I won at school and that was not really good

Finish the entire quote, not just a section. It makes a difference.

Now back on topic of Mass Effect please.

Level 36
Mass Effect might come out a while later. For example, Jade Empire, another Bioware title (a great one too) came out in 2005 on the Xbox, and just earlier this year actually came out on PC.

Oh, and here's a few other things:

1) The last good 3D Sonic game came out for the Sega Dreamcast. Everything since has been utter bullshit, so it's no surprise that the 360 one fails.

2) Halo 2 on PC sucks balls, so Microsoft made no money off of it. The operating system is bad, and so is the game. They're grand scheme failed, so who gives a damned DSG?

But yes, this is the most full of win game so far. Bioware has always made top-notch games, and this is no exception.

Level 36
LOL @ the hand in the end.

This is nothing new though. You could have sex with all of the opposite-sex characters in Jade Empire if you were good enough.

Furthermore, in Fable, you could have sex with ANYONE, be them male or female.

The worst that can happen I think is for homosexual rights activists to get all fussy, but since none spoke up about the lack of homosex in Jade Empire, I doubt there will be any problem now.

Level 20
Wow, I LOVED the Kotor series, this is going to be amazing. I suppose I can go and buy a Xbox 360 again (my 2 other tries failed, the consoles were scrapped and scratched all my discs (NO I DIDN'T TWIST THE CONSOLE WHILE IT WAS RUNNING AND I DON'T HAVE A SUBWOOFER RIGHT NEXT TO IT!)).

Level 14
Anyone played it? If so, how good (no spoilers please)?

LOL @ the hand in the end.

This is nothing new though. You could have sex with all of the opposite-sex characters in Jade Empire if you were good enough.

Furthermore, in Fable, you could have sex with ANYONE, be them male or female.

The worst that can happen I think is for homosexual rights activists to get all fussy, but since none spoke up about the lack of homosex in Jade Empire, I doubt there will be any problem now.

I do believe that there was a romance with Sky, male or female (though the hetro-relationships would always take precedence over the homo ones).

EDIT: Apparently, only heterosexual and lesbian sex is possible, no homosexual.

You sir are an ignorant fool. In the name of Elyssium, learn some Greek.

Level 14
Yes, homosexuality also includes lesbianism, whatever. I just used those terms differently, for the sake of easy understanding. Ok?

Easy of understanding for people who can't speak English or Greek, in which case they don't get what you're saying anyway.

About the 12 thing... do you mean the rating? I'm pretty sure it was 17+...

12 in the UK. No idea why.

Level 13
I've played through it twice. And I can sum it up in one sentence:

It's the only game where I've said a few few times "Man... wish I could get though this fight to get to the next cinema..."

The story is VERY compelling, fights are fun, fast paced, but can also be planed out slowly. It has a good cover system, much like gears I would say. Making a character is almost as deep as Oblivion. The faces on the aliens, just WOW, the expressions, un-fucking-believable how good they are. Only problem I saw was after about half way through, the graphics would bug out a tiny bit and take a sec to render. Not a big problem. I though my 360 was just over heating but it kept happening even after I let it cool over night. Oh well

I hope to see a Mass Effect 2 (and 3). :3

Level 36
Ew, god no. I'm the exact opposite, I pray that it's made by Bioware. Kotor 2's story was so thin compared to the original. And the ancient race DID NOT create everything, they just created the star forge. Whoopy doo. There are plenty of races that precede those presently in the galaxy, such as the Sith, etc. The Rakattan Infinite Empire was before the Republic, what's so hard to accept about that? And really, the game is about Revan. There's so much character development, you discovering who you are and why you're that way.

Kotor 2 was blah blah last of the jedi go save the universe. You had next to no character development, the graphics hadn't imrpvoed at all since the original, and the game was riddled with the same technical bugs. Plus it was way too easy, etc, etc.

It wadn't a bad game, by any means, I loved it, but next to KotOR, it was inferior.

The addition of Dxun and many Mandalorians did please me very much though. <3 Mando.

Either way, a Bioware-developed Kotor 3 would be a dream come true. I mean, we all want more Revan.

Revan or the Exile. If they would make another, there's no way in hell they'd be able to get away with introducing yet another tragic character that follows the path of Revan, going to the same planets as Revan, copying him, trying to be exactly like him, except that he isn't Revan. Total tosh.

The other major let-down for The Sith Lords was the rushed development. A perfect example is the hidden HK Factory World that was supposed to be in the game. If you get a high enough influence with HK 47, you learn of his quest to destroy the factory that was churning out the Hk 50 models. This never happens in the game, but the files, and partially completed level can be hacked out and reintroduced, partially finished, into the game. LucasArts was pressuring Obsidian for a holiday release of the game, so they had to cut all kinds of material that they had intended on making the final version of the game. To me this is total Bs, as TSL was too short to begin with.

Either way, no matter what, new KotOR > All.

Level 36
Being a giant Star Wars fan, I haven't at all. And yes, Team Gizka looks very promising, as I've been following them for some time, and they actually have been releasing steady updates, and they have an outline and schedule, deadlines, it's not like a "we'll put it out when it's done" sort of atmosphere, they're working hard at it, and they know when they want it released.

Level 13
Wish you could have chosen your race too, would of had to change the story a bit, but I would have LOVED to play as a turian.

Level 13
Maybe next time you can pick your race, and play through with a different point of view. Turains are just made of so much win. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.