• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Expansion - World of Warcraft: Catalysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Wildhammers ain't shamans dummy.They're just hippies.

Warlocks look more interesting in cataclysm.

Itemization changes are seriously, seriously wrong.
Also no Frostmourne D:.
Actually now that I've read a bit more about the item changes they don't look so bad, oh well even more spell power for arcane mages.

The level for flying mounts was lowered.

Ever heard of the Mountain Kings in wc3? Yeah..pretty much shammys.

If players were able to obtain frostmourne, it would control the player, not the player himself/herself. Then some guy named "Ipwnnoobs" would rule the world.

Level 2
ohh wow the new eypansion is so cool
the best is the undead hunter ^^^^^^
when someone want to know what the new capitals are
Goblins:undermine
Worgen:greymane city^^

Level 16
Actually the Goblins stranded on the lost islands,
but build their capital in Azshara. Its directly connected with Orgrimmar
and some rumors say that Goblins are the reason for the changed Azshara:
They are mining through Azshara, to reform the landscape.
The capital is inside a Mount Rushmore-like wall
And (im not 100% sure about this one) create a new island, wich looks like a giant
Horde-Symbol or reforming Azshara to a giant Horde-Symbol.

As far i know will there be a Worgen district in Stormwind for the refugees
from Gilneas, wich is sieged by the forsaken.

Level 23
Yo uare talking a total crazytalk about the goblin changing Azshara. They will just create quarries and outposts there. And goblins will just have their own district in Orgrimmar, that is connected to Azshara.
And worgen will indeed have their own district in Stormwind. I think their district will be the unused Stormwind Vault. It fits well - catacombs under human city for werewolves.

Level 23
Interesting. Thought their not making an island, they madea carving in the cliff, but it does seem that they will have a city that will go in their new capital - Orgrimar.

It seems that Trolls and Gnomes will gain their own capitals. Intriguing, isnt it?
Trolls kicked out of Orgrimmar is bad, really bad. The Horde may fall apart because of idiot Garrosh. He will try to overthrow Thrall sure thing! At least he didnt kick the Tauren. But I wonder what will happen to Thrall. And forsaken and blood elves under Garrosh rule. I wonder how will he treat them.

Level 15
Alagremm, I aggre with you, this is indeed intriguing and very interesting, can't wait till the expansion arrives.
What I really would like is more lore events. Ulduar, for example, futured this, with a proper cinematic, epic boss fights, nostalgic events and ofcoarse, when someone killed Algalon everyone in Dalaranw as informed with a tiny event.

Level 8
They actually cant kill Old Gods or Aspects. They are eternal.
Some of the characters can be killed... but I cant imagine Illidan die so easy...

Actually he didnt die easy. Afterall he was killed by Maiev, not by the players and when you think how Maiev was represented at wc3 as being the best prison guard the nightelfs had which was keeping Illidan imprisoned for alot of years already you can assume she is pretty strong ^^

Level 13
Actually he didnt die easy. Afterall he was killed by Maiev, not by the players and when you think how Maiev was represented at wc3 as being the best prison guard the nightelfs had which was keeping Illidan imprisoned for alot of years already you can assume she is pretty strong ^^
Don't forget that Akama was also helping in the fight. Akama ain't all that weak either.

Level 13
Tell me then, how else was Illidan supposed to die? In Warcraft 4, killed by Maiev fighting alongside some random soldiers? Isn't that what already happens in WoW? Seriously, some people are too serious about this. WoW is part of the lore and is continuing it. I'm glad that something is happening to the important lore characters.

Level 15
Idd. We, the WoW players, can each be counted as a footman. In the Illidan fight, lets say you were 2 lvl 5 heroes and 25 footmans, vs one lvl 10 Illidan. Pretty obvius we won it tbh :p
But I must say that by killing Illidan, C'thun, Yogg'saron and all those powerful characters, it is a bit too much. If we can beat those, who would stop us from world domination then, haha?

Level 25
Idd. We, the WoW players, can each be counted as a footman. In the Illidan fight, lets say you were 2 lvl 5 heroes and 25 footmans, vs one lvl 10 Illidan. Pretty obvius we won it tbh :p
But I must say that by killing Illidan, C'thun, Yogg'saron and all those powerful characters, it is a bit too much. If we can beat those, who would stop us from world domination then, haha?

Who says you can't? :)

Level 17
I agree totally with Rizz and Alagremm. The slaughtering of the Dragon Aspects it totally ridiculous. I mean, the Aspects are literally their element. Neltharion is "earth", Malygos is "magic", etc. I'd say the only beings equal to their power are the Old Gods who once opposed them in the days of the Pantheon. But Neltharion has been defeated how many times? War of the Ancients, Second War, Post-Second War? He knows how to escape these things and he knows he cannot die. To kill an Aspect is like killing an Old God - Azeroth would be nothing.

I'd imagine the Gilneans would have their own district. I'm not sure whether they are the actual Worgen or the remaining HUMAN population of Gilneas. But a secluded place in Stormwind would suit them best - especially if they have no control over their second forms. We can't have wolf-men tearing apart the children!
The Goblins may have a large sector of Orgrimmar - or maybe outside where the zeppelin tower is. Blizzard may choose to make the outside of Orgrimmar a refuge point like where the Forsaken were during the whole Varimithras saga. I also believe that the Horde will crumble. The tauren are shutting themselves off from the Barrens and I doubt the Darkspear Tribe will accept being tossed aside by Garrosh. Sylvanas Windrunner will also leave, followed by the blood elves. Why do I say this? When has a Hellscream ever been known to feel sympathy for suffering races? I also think Garrosh will underestimate Sylvanas' power (being a woman).

What would I like to see? Aerie Peak be more explored - maybe expanded. Hell, why doesn't the Cataclysm cause the lava in Ironforge Mountain rush upward and force the Bronzebeards to take refuge at Aerie Peak? It'd make make shamans more sensible.

Level 14
[/QUOTE]
What would I like to see? Aerie Peak be more explored - maybe expanded. Hell, why doesn't the Cataclysm cause the lava in Ironforge Mountain rush upward and force the Bronzebeards to take refuge at Aerie Peak? It'd make make shamans more sensible.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Damn good idea!

Level 4
WoW Cataclysm will completel change Azeroth. Some of the regions that were beautiful, like Night Elf village, are now burning. And some terrible places, like Desolace, are now filled with nature... But if Blizzard continues like this, we'll be going to Raid with Level 115 Murloc Power Ranger with Double Lightsaber made with Energy Weapons profession. Sheesh.

Level 23
Wolfe, my point exactly. It is impossible to kill an Old Gold. No force on Azeroth has power to do that. Only titans could fight them.

I think the Goblins will either get some underground part of Orgrimmar, or most likely a small capital connected to Orgrimmar via tunnel, that is based in Aszhara.
Also, Garrosh is going to kick all the races other then orcs(except the tauren, who actually dont live in Orgrimmar!)out of the city. Like trolls.
It seems that gnomes and trolls will get their own capitals - their "refugee race" status will be taken by goblins and worgen. It is strange since Goblins arent orcs.

P.S.
Garrosh is an idiot.
P.P.S.
Much more idiotic then his father
P.P.P.S.
Seriously.

Level 16
i just found an Interview with Lead designer Tom Chilton.
In wich he said one interesting thing:
Tom Chilton: We do expect that there will be a new patch before the new expansion, although we don’t expect it to be like a typical numbered patch like 3.4 or 3.5. This could include balance changes, it could potentially include new features, depending on once the BattleNet-Features come online, maybe it could implement some of these. There’s even the possibility for a new raid boss, but it’s too early to say for sure.

No Patch 3.4?
Could mean its not a long time till Cataclysm!

Status
Not open for further replies.