• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
It could be that there are too many units trying to move. WC3 pathing AI has some limitations (might be to prevent too many units from making it really laggy) - only around 50-100 units per player will move at a time.

How many units are you trying to move?

Level 12
They start to stop moving for 1-2 sec.

70-120 units.

Are they all owned by one player? That is enough to start choking them up. It gets especially bad if they are all trying to move around each other at the same time. The more obstacles (particularly units as obstacles), the worse it will get.

There isn't really a nice solution to this problem - you either have to settle with less units (usually best if you can afford to do it) or split the units into multiple, allied teams.

Level 12
There aren't many units in Dota though.

This is Dota2 wiki, so it might not be the same as WC3 Dota:
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Creeps

Anyway, it says only 4 creeps spawn per wave (5 on every 7th wave with the siege creep). If two waves are on the map at the same time, that is only going to be 27 units per team at most (a siege creep wave + a regular creep wave in all 3 lanes). You could get higher, but I don't see that going above 50 without very deliberately trying to mess with it.

I can't confirm that it was exactly the same in WC3 Dota, but I know the waves in Dota were not very big when I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.