• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Removing the attack command? {while keeping attack ground}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You know how units automatically engage enemy units in range as long as they have some sort of attack? Is there any way to remove that? I actually want to remove the attack option altogether. Example: a ballista with no attack option (voluntary or involuntary) other than the "attack ground" command.

Level 6
If you want to prevent it from attacking at all, just go to Combat - Attacks Enabled and set it to none.

If you want to remove the Attack, Move, etc. icons, there is a certain ability that will do that if you give it to the unit. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it is off the top of my head.

Level 16
You can remove icons of all orders by adding classification ''Ward'' to any unit.

Unit will be able to move and attack.
Look at the image:
58139d1245344572-removing-the-attack-command-no-orders.jpg

Attachments

• No orders.JPG
    No orders.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,153
Level 7
Isn't the simple solution to just go into Object Editor and disable both Attack 1 and 2?

I'm pretty sure I've done it this way before...

-EDIT-
Ooops, didn't notice Storyyeller..

Level 4
Thanks for the replies, but storyteller, I still want the unit to be able to attack, if I disable the attacks, it won't be able to do anythting but move. And I still want the unit to have all commands except "attack", so making it a ward wouldn't help either. Here's what I'm trying to do in detail: imagine a demolisher, but the ONLY attack command it can be given is "attack ground". That's the only time it will fire.

Level 2
Attack ground goes hand in hand with the siege weapon type. To do what you want you will probably have to fake it somehow. I'd pick some ground targeted AOE ability with a missile make it cost zero mana and trigger it to cast over and over in the same spot until told to do something else.

Level 4
Hmm Im thinking about the workers. They won't attack unless you order them to. But they flee if the gets attacked.

Try take a look at the peassant or peon.

That's an excellent suggestion, I'll take a look at it.

Level 6
lol i found how ... was so simple just add this trigger

• unable to attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Glaive Thrower
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause (Attacking unit)
      • Unit - Unpause (Attacking unit)
Found this too

• unable to attack
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Move To (Position of (Attacking unit))
I tested them and they both work these triggers just cancel the attack command and when you use ground attack it works.

Level 4
That's an excellent suggestion, I'll take a look at it.

Aha! I figured it out: Stats - Unit Classification: Worker. The unit can attack but will not engage unless told to do so. Many thanks to all of you!! +rep

{solved}

Level 4
lol i found how ... was so simple just add this trigger

• unable to attack
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause (Attacking unit)
      • Unit - Unpause (Attacking unit)
Found this too

• unable to attack
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Move To (Position of (Attacking unit))
I tested them and they both work these triggers just cancel the attack command and when you use ground attack it works.

I see what you did there but the problem is the unit will freeze whenever it comes in range with an enemy, I wanted it to act as if it weren't there. I was thinking of doing something of the sort but in the end triggers aren't necessary. Thanks for the input anyways.

Level 4
the acquisition range is different and will make the unit not attack on its own...but the player will still have the choice of using the attack target.. but attack move should not work....."acquisition range" is different from normal "range"

Status
Not open for further replies.