• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello Everyone , i have a problem , im creating a survival map and when creeps summoning some of creep dont move and just stand where they summon, what should i do? i wrote a trigger for every wave creating creep.

Level 15
Pick every unit of creeps inside the region of spawning and order picked unit to move.
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in (Units inside #region# matching condition (Unit-type of matching unit) Equal to #your creep type# and do multiple actions :
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Issue Order (Picked Unit) to Move to 'Your point'

Level 4
Pick every unit of creeps inside the region of spawning and order picked unit to move.
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in (Units inside #region# matching condition (Unit-type of matching unit) Equal to #your creep type# and do multiple actions :
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Issue Order (Picked Unit) to Move to 'Your point'

Sorry , i dont get the point,can you explain more?
and no its not Natural Passive

Level 24
it is the same as you would click on every unit and then right click to make that unit move.
the difference is that it is done without a player.

Also consider using "attack move" instead of "move" too.
I think you want attack move.

Level 4
I know all of these , but in some waves that there are many spawn creeps some of creep dont move just stand where they summoning
and i know that each player has limited capacity, something like 300 creeps but my problem doesn't related to this because after spawning 30 or 40 creeps it happends.

Level 24
its JASS? i dont know anything about it :(((
how can i import it to my map?

No not the JASS part.
What you need is the part where I order the minions to attack.
  • Minion Order Blue Mid
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region Blue Mid <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region Red Mid <gen>)
player 11 and player 12 are allied to the teams 1-5 and 6-10
These triggers order the units to attack the other side.
To create the units, you can either do "create (...) units of type (...) at location (center of region (...))" or you can make a building at that location and make that one recruit units. (make sure that the cost and recruitment time are set properly)

(You should use Triggering unit though.)

Level 4
No not the JASS part.
  • Minion Order Blue Mid
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region Red Mid <gen>)
To create the units, you can either do "create (...) units of type (...) at location (center of region (...))" or you can make a building at that location and make that one recruit units. (make sure that the cost and recruitment time are set properly)

Thank you so much , my problem solved

Level 25
No not the JASS part.
  • Minion Order Blue Mid
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

You should fix the leaks, or that is going to lag away.

Level 24
You should fix the leaks, or that is going to lag away.

Ah yes I should have taken a better look when I uploaded it.
At the moment when I created that map, I didn't even knew about leaks XD

The code must be like this:
  • Minion Order Blue Mid
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
    • Actions
      • Set TempLocation = (Center of Region Red Mid <gen>)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To TempLocation
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLocation)
Sorry for that.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do be aware that units which are hit by some abilities or which are blocked from the their move target for extended periods might eventually implicitly stop. As such you need some trigger to periodically re-issue the orders for units which lose their orders.

The issue might have been the result of WC3's lack of army support. You can probably only issue a group order to 12 units at a time (the maximum number you can select). For mappers used to SC2 this can come as a surprise as there you can easily order 100s of units around.

Level 24
That is also why I don't like RTS games inside WC3.

I used to make maps for every RTS that had an editor but for WC3 I never felt that it would be fun to do.
No offense, I just love to see 100-2.000 units... Don't say that that would be too hard for the graphical card. Just watch SupCom and SupCom FA...
We need a good RTS to bring the genre back -_-

Level 24
Did it?
Well I play on a regular laptop.
And when I play I always set the limit to 1k for each player.
with 4 players and at least me at max I get battles with 800-1200 units.
It runs with too high fps for me to notice lagg.
A gaming pc would have no trouble at all.

But next to that, when I play GW2 I also play with maxed settings :D

But you do understand what I am saying, I hope.
There are a lot of people who would kill for a new rts game with the economy system of stronghold, the unit and control system of supcom and the gameplay experience of c&c generals.
Hardware has improved a lot... now it is the turn for software.

btw lowering game speed is a bit buggy I guess. I can see massive lagg.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It runs with too high fps for me to notice lagg.
Being a multi-threaded game, FPS have nothing to do with game speed.

economy system of stronghold
I just never could feed my people in that game, no mater how many farms I made. I wonder if it was some hidden protection mechanism even? I mean it was like the person ate 2 food to make 1 even if they were motivated.

Hardware has improved a lot... now it is the turn for software.
No it has not. Unlike the days of Empire Earth where CPUs were doubling in clock every year or so, now they have the same clock rate as they did 5-6 years ago, although about 10% higher. Graphics have sure improved but too bad that has nothing to do with the complexity of your RTS.

btw lowering game speed is a bit buggy I guess. I can see massive lagg.
In Supreme Commander it automatically lowered speed so everyone played at the same speed for computers too slow to cope. In supreme commander 2 this was most noticeable when someone with some museum piece was playing the game would crawl and as soon as he left it looked like everything entered hyper speed as the battle that took you 1 minute to do ended in 1 second and your base was destroyed.

Lots of units does not make something better. If it did then everyone would hail "Empires Dawn of the Modern World" as the best RTS as that had practically no limit to unit pop.

Level 24
Being a multi-threaded game, FPS have nothing to do with game speed.
At least I do not notice lagg.

I just never could feed my people in that game, no mater how many farms I made. I wonder if it was some hidden protection mechanism even? I mean it was like the person ate 2 food to make 1 even if they were motivated.
I get what you say... when I started stronghold, I never got my popularity above 30 :D
Now I could win almost every game. It is not that hard when you find out what the best economy is and how the standard units work.

No it has not. Unlike the days of Empire Earth where CPUs were doubling in clock every year or so, now they have the same clock rate as they did 5-6 years ago, although about 10% higher. Graphics have sure improved but too bad that has nothing to do with the complexity of your RTS.
Well now you see that I am too young to know that the improvements 6+ years ago were better than now.
Next to that, I don't really care much about hardware inside my pc.
As long as it runs good then I am happy.

In Supreme Commander it automatically lowered speed so everyone played at the same speed for computers too slow to cope. In supreme commander 2 this was most noticeable when someone with some museum piece was playing the game would crawl and as soon as he left it looked like everything entered hyper speed as the battle that took you 1 minute to do ended in 1 second and your base was destroyed.
lol

Lots of units does not make something better. If it did then everyone would hail "Empires Dawn of the Modern World" as the best RTS as that had practically no limit to unit pop.
Yes but lots of units with their own roles and stuff brings more strategy to the battles.
It is like playing warcraft but then with 10 heroes and 100 units. Then you need good strategy to win... ofcourse that would be impossible to play but with some scripts you can get pretty far.

We could also just pick some people from here and start making our own game.
Hearts of Oak is becoming a really good game if I watched the movies correctly. I would pay a million to speed the process up if I had the money for it :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes but lots of units with their own roles and stuff brings more strategy to the battles.
Which Empires Dawn of the Modern World had. It was made by the most of the best of the Age of Empires crew after all.

Hearts of Oak is becoming a really good game if I watched the movies correctly. I would pay a million to speed the process up if I had the money for it :D
If it is open source pay with your brilliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.