• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Summon Creature from missle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Just wondering. I need a spell fire at location to spawn a unit. I was thinking about infernal spell, but thats not good - no missle art. Pocket Factory is really good, but it creates a ground for buildings. Any other idea's?

P.S. If trigger - how shoudl i do it correct?

Level 37
So you just want to spawn a unit with one effect? Is the effect a missle that will travel from the caster to the targeted point, or will it spawn instantly at the targeted point? The latter will be a lot easier and won't even require the spell to be MUI since it is instant. The former is also easy, but will require a loop and for the spell to be MUI.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I think it is extremely easy with triggers, but using normal abilities, it is also relatively easy to achieve.
Create dummy unit, give dummy unit both Sphere and Inferno, order dummy to cast inferno.

Hmm... do I hear an echo in here?

To get around it, you can spawn a dummy unit who has that sphere ability and then have it cast the "real" inferno. Your hero's spell will just be a dummy placeholder used for triggering the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.