• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playing Alternate animation during procs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I tried to use triggers a while back to play a desired sound when my hero
proc'd a bash, and it never ended up working. Now I'm trying to tackle it from
the other end by creating an orb of slow ability to use a stun so that the correct
sound plays during trigger, but the hero still uses default attacks when the
ability procs. Anything I can do in GUI to fix this? Or does it require triggers?

Level 24
"Anything I can do in GUI to fix this? Or does it require triggers?"
-_-

Set animation for <unit> to <myanimationstring>.
You use it when he starts channeling the ability. (You may need a 0s timer to do it but I hope not for you.)

Level 5
So, nothing I haven't already tried, aside from the snotty comment thanks for responding. Also by GUI i meant things i could do in the object editor. Attaching the animation strings onto both ends of the ability (the orb of slow and the ability it uses) didn't do anything.

Level 24
"Also by GUI i meant things i could do in the object editor."
-_-

By "Unit", I mean "Ability".
By "Sound", I mean "Color".
By "Terrain", I mean "Icons".
And by "Hero", I mean "Location".
Now I wonder if you can understand me.

I don't care what you mean with GUI, so far as we are talking world editor language GUI is the GUI constructed triggers in the trigger editor section of the world editor.
The way you use "GUI" as you describe it means that everything is GUI... as long as you can see it.

In my BasicAttack experiment, I used triggers to show an animation on the spell channel.
IIrc, I used a 0s timer to achieve it.
However, in your case, you are still using basic attacks to run this effect.
You can create a trigger that runs when a unit is attacked, then check if the attacker has the orb of slow and if so, you set the animation to "whateveryouranimationis".

Status
Not open for further replies.