• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I make a passive skill active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was wondering how could make a passive skill activable when I press the button, exactily as it was a active skill.

Another problem that I have is that when I try to use some item skills as hero skills, they just appear in the "Learn skills" but no in the usable skills.

I am not sure if that's what you're asking, but use "Orb of Lightning" ability; it will display the cooldown of the passive skill, otherwise, you can't do this, unless you want to elaborate more.

Don't do it this way. Instead, base your ability to another ability, like Bash, if it's a passive skill and when your hero learns the ability, add it via triggers.
  • Tr
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit learns a skill
  • Conditions
    • (Hero learned skill) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Level of X) Equal to 1
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Add Ability to (Triggering unit)
      • Else - Actions
        • Unit - Set level of Ability for (Triggering unit) to (Level of X for (Triggering unit))

Status
Not open for further replies.