• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Skill Icon - How to ensure active skill icons displayed? (non-hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
When there are more skills than icon places, how to ensure active skill icons displayed? (non-hero)

Which skills are iconless?
What is the priority for skill icons display?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I believe the priority is determined in the unit's Abilities field. I assume the abilities listed at the top will take priority but it's a simple thing to test.

You can hide any Icons you want by setting their Art - Button position to X: 0, Y: -11.
(Hold shift when clicking a field in the Object Editor to allow negative values)

Level 3
I believe the priority is determined in the unit's Abilities field. I assume the abilities listed at the top will take priority but it's a simple thing to test.

You can hide any Icons you want by setting their Art - Button position to X: 0, Y: -11.
(Hold shift when clicking a field in the Object Editor to allow negative values)
Thanks. I am on a pre-1.29 legacy and out-of-bound button position crashes.
I guess it is supported with 1.29 new api for hide ability?

As for the priority of skill icons (tested on a pre-1.29 legacy):
Skill icons priority is chaotic/unpredicable: creating irrelevant skills in editor changes skill icons order.
Default skill icons appears to be locked if a unit is created on map or by trigger (newly added skills will no take those icon places). Trained units does not lock skill icons, and adding skills reorders all skill icons. (So ensuring 1st unit of the type created by map or trigger ensures proper layout of default skills).

Status
Not open for further replies.