• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adding Custom Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
The title kinda says it, how do you add custom upgrades (without using triggers, using the standard way)- either under the Techtree Requirements field in the Object Editor for a spell or used by a unit in the field Techtree - Upgrades Used?

When I select an upgrade using those fields it only lets me choose standard (already existing) upgrades.

I searched through the tutorial section and there seems to be very little info regarding upgrades (especially custom ones).

Level 24
1, You go to the Object Editor (OE).
2, You go to the Upgrades tab.
3, You create a new upgrade.
4, You go to the Units tab.
5, You select the building that can research that upgrade.
6, You select the upgrade in the "Techtree - Researches Available"
7, You go to the Upgrades tab and find your upgrade.
8, You select the effect that you want it to have.
9, You go to the Units tab and find the units that you want to have that upgrades effect on.
10, You select that upgrade in the "Techtree - Upgrades Used"

Level 11
1, You go to the Object Editor (OE).
2, You go to the Upgrades tab.
3, You create a new upgrade.
4, You go to the Units tab.
5, You select the building that can research that upgrade.
6, You select the upgrade in the "Techtree - Researches Available"
7, You go to the Upgrades tab and find your upgrade.
8, You select the effect that you want it to have.
9, You go to the Units tab and find the units that you want to have that upgrades effect on.
10, You select that upgrade in the "Techtree - Upgrades Used"

Yes, that's exactly how I did it the first time, and it didn't work, when I got to step 6, my custom upgrades did not appear in the "Tecthree- Researches Available", only the standard ones.

The problem was that I only had the campaign editor open (without a map running in the background). Apparently for it to be possible to select custom upgrades a map (probably a map from that campaign) has to be open.

Thanks all:D SOLVED:)

Status
Not open for further replies.