• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

No Upgrade Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
No Upgrade Into Function HELP

I'm making a map using hero-type units as towers. The problem is that there isn't an upgrades to field in the object editor, and part of the other techtree things are also missing.

This can be done, though, as I have made 1 hero tower that can upgrade, but that was about 6 months ago and I can't remember how I did it.

'Is a building' field is on true by the way.
screenshotfke.png

Again, I know this can be done because one of my hero towers upgrades but even that one has those fields missing.

Last edited:
Level 13
what upgrades do you need?

if you want to upgrade tower to another unit use in object editor
Techtree-upgrade to <wahtever you want

im not sure can you have "Techtree-upgrade" with hero units but could use Techtree-units sold

unit trained would be better but i don´t know how to remove unit that has finished training unit,any idea?

btw i cant open your image

Last edited:
Level 13
I will probably do that if someone doesn't have an answer, though that will take a lot of work.

Edit: I use Jass Newgen. Is there be a specific thing in newgen to unlock some of the object editor fields that normally aren't accessible?

Edit 2: I found it actually. There IS a field in one of the things. I turned on a lot of things and restarted my editor, and I found those fields. Thank you everyone who helped me.

Level 13
you can save all in integer variables when unit begins an upgrade
-experience of unit (you don´t need level of unit)
-health of unit
-mana of unit......

and when unit finished upgrade set his levels,mana,health.... to those integers

the only problem is that variable must not be changed ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.