• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Offering to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I just recently read about this project and I became interested. I was just wondering if you need any help? I am very good with triggers, and I have been using the editor for a few years so I am very experienced.
I also play World of Warcraft, so if you need any ingame screenshots etc, I can help you with that.

Level 6
I think your gonna have to show Craka some of your work. I was going to link you the "Apply Here Thread", but it's locked. (o_O). I hope you know that they are coding this game in JASS, not GUI. ^^.

Level 2
"Craka_J has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space"

Thats just great...

But, no, I didn't know that he was coding it in JASS. I wish to help, and I believe I can help him with most things. That is, if he wants help and he notices this post, cause pming him seems...not doable, atleast for a while.

Level 6
"Craka_J has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space"

Thats just great...

But, no, I didn't know that he was coding it in JASS. I wish to help, and I believe I can help him with most things. That is, if he wants help and he notices this post, cause pming him seems...not doable, atleast for a while.

Would coding in vJASS be a problem for you? Craka_J also says that you need to be an expert in coding in JASS, no beginners, medium coders, or whatever.

Level 25
GUI is completely useless for Wc3:WoW. It messes up the campaign and makes it have critical errors. vJASS experts is preferred over medium vJASS coders because they're less likely to create messy code and know how to clean up thousands of lines of code. :p

Level 24
So you're saying you're doing this in Jass, but why exactly? how does it make the game beter?

Level 25
JASS processes triggers faster, it reduces the chances of people stealing the code, it's more complex and thus allows us to create way more intricate systems than GUI triggers ever could, and it does not create issues with the campaign editor. Mixing vJASS with GUI has caused critical errors in the campaign before, so we're sticking to strictly JASS to be on the safe side.

Level 24
But if you need someone to make Jass triggers put up an contest here aas you did before as you did some years ago if the map is only a big terrain without triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.