• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Offering Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am well versed in WoW as well as WC RTS lore and have read all the novels on WarCraft. If anyone making lore-related campaigns need help in storywriting, dialogues and pacing of the story I can help (just give me Credits). I have noticed many of the brilliant campaigns here suffer from childish dialogues, and as of yet, I have not found even one that is as good as Original WarCraft 3 dialogue writing.

So let me know, happy to help.

Level 4
It's mostly because people are not English natives and well, young too, but that's a secondary factor.

There are campaigns with really good dialogue implementation like To the Bitter End, The Norj'Hal Elves Campaign, to name a few.
Thanks for your suggestions, I will check out To The Bitter End as soon as I finish Curse of the Forsaken. Brilliant campaign this one, but many of the dialogues are so bad...

Level 4
Most of us here are game designers and stuff.
What do you expect, Shakespeare?
I'm sure there must be some Shakespeares to be found amongst us, should we keep looking. After all, if Hiveworkshop has taught me anything, it is that game communities are often incredibly resourceful. ;)

MrRious

M

MrRious

You should definitelty share a sample of your writing. I'm hesitating to use help, as long as I'm not sure what I'm signing up for.

You should definitelty share a sample of your writing. I'm hesitating to use help, as long as I'm not sure what I'm signing up for.
Basically this.

Nobody will accept help from you if you claim to be more skilled at writing than 99% of the modding community while failing to providing any proof or examples of your masterful writing skills.

Level 9
@MrRious I once asked him to help me find retcons and inconsistencies in the story of my custom campaign, so they can be removed. Instead of giving me constructive feedback, he told me to implement retcons from WoW in my campaign. He did the opposite of what he was supposed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.