• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What NOT To Expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
To help answer some questions already asked and questions that may pop-up later on, I've decided to make a thread about what won't be in the public version of Wc3:WoW which we're working on. (version 2.0)

To find out what you CAN expect in version 2.0, please view the change-log. It's kind of old and needs to be updated (need to remove, replace, and add stuff still) more but it should help you with realizing what will be in Wc3:WoW 2.0 release. This thread will help you realize what won't be in it. However, all that is addressed in this thread does not apply to versions 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc. (they only apply to 2.0)

29b0xax.png
  • The only playable zones in Wc3:WoW 2.0 are:
    Durotar, Orgrimmar, Mulgore, Thunder Bluff, Palemane Rock and Bristlebane Cave, The Barrens, Ragefire Chasm, and Arathi Basin (possibly).
    The rest are NOT included.
  • Outlands will NOT be included. X
  • Northrend will NOT be included. X
  • Blood Elf and Draenei areas will NOT be included. X

k52zv6.png
  • Instances such as Molten Core, Blackrock Depths, Onyxia's Lair, Wailing Caverns, Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep, Razorfen Kraul, Razorfen Downs, etc. are not included in version 2.0. X
  • Ragefire Chasm is the only instance you can expect to be playable in Wc3:WoW version 2.0.

PvP
  • Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley will not be in version 2.0.
  • Arathi Basin might be playable in Wc3:WoW version 2.0.
  • Cannot purchase PvP items with honor points or marks of honor in version 2.0. X

2ecj7s0.png
  • You cannot communicate with Player-Bots (A.I. controlled characters in Wc3:WoW) via text in version 2.0. X
  • You cannot duel Player-Bots in 2.0.
  • You cannot participate in LFG, LFM, Trade, Defense, or General chat channels with Player-Bots.
  • You cannot open a trade window with Player-Bots in 2.0.
  • Ability to transform a party into a raid groups with Player-Bots in 2.0. X
  • Don't expect the A.I. of Player-Bots to be sophisticated enough to the point where they are intelligent enough to play their roles correctly in all situations.
  • Player-Bots cannot invite you to their group. (you need to invite them!)
  • Although Player-Bots will behave differently and do things such as grind, run to mailbox, or gank hostile Player-Bots, they cannot do quests... not yet at least; we'll work on this a lot once the custom Quest Log Interface is added.
  • You cannot Inspect Player-Bots' items, stats, or talents in version 2.0.

2q3nc5t.png
  • Do not expect over 30 quests to be accumulated in version 2.0. (if we even add 30 quests)
  • Quests will be available only in Durotar, Mulgore, Thunder Bluff, and Orgrimmar. There is a slight chance that The Barrens will also have quests in version 2.0.
  • Cannot view nor gain reputation with any factions in version 2.0.

6xyo1k.png
  • Gnomes are not playable. X
  • Dwarves are not playable. X
  • Blood Elves are not playable. X
  • Draenei are not playable. X
  • Undead are not playable. X
  • Hunter class is not playable.
  • Druid class is not playable.
  • Death Knight class is not playable. X
  • Horde players cannot create Paladins.
  • Alliance players cannot create Shamans.

fntrpk.png
  • Auction House will not be introduced in version 2.0. X
  • Flight Paths will not be introduced in version 2.0.
  • Zeppelins cannot be ridden to Stranglethorn Vale or Tirisfal Glades in version 2.0. X
  • The Tram cannot be ridden to Stormwind or Ironforge in version 2.0. X
  • Swimming will not be introduced in version 2.0.
  • Professions might not be included in version 2.0.
  • Mounts will not be introduced in version 2.0. X
  • Spell Bars might not be included in version 2.0.
  • Multiplayer compatibility (online) will not be included in version 2.0. X
  • Rested experience will not be introduced in version 2.0. X
  • Emotes such as dancing, waving, etc. will not be introduced in version 2.0.
  • Reinventing the Craft (RtC) third-party programs will not be needed to run while playing version 2.0.

NOTICE: This list is subject to change and there are many features, fixes, items, and spells still to add to this change-log.
All listed content may not be truly 'done' nor started on. Listed content in this change-log, however, is what will be available in version 2.0.

Whatever has a X is something that won't be in Wc3:WoW in version 2.0.
Whatever has a is something that will be enforced in Wc3:WoW in version 2.0.

Last edited:
Level 14
Mounts will not be introduced in version 2.0.

You'll prolly have to grind a heck lot to get to level 40 anyway

edit:
The only playable zones in Wc3:WoW 2.0 are:
Durotar, Orgrimmar, Mulgore, Thunder Bluff, Palemane Rock and Bristlebane Cave, The Barrens, Ragefire Chasm, and Arathi Basin (possibly).

Does this mean that you can only play horde?

Level 25
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-iii-world-of-warcraft/downloads/first-wc3wow-demo-ever
Oh and it's a campaign.

You'll just have to wait until I think the campaign is stable and fun enough to release. People have been waiting years for this mod and I want it to be fun when it finally comes out, rather than "it was alright I guess." Wc3:WoW has stuff in it right now that will impress you, but not entertain you. Not for long at least. That's one of the main issues - fun! It's not fun enough. I'm concocting ideas to implement from WoW that will make it more fun and worth our time adding. Battlegrounds, arena, instances, etc. It'll take time but in the long run it'll be for the greater good on YOUR part.

Level 25
It's a very, very old mod. Not even Mulgore is playable in it, I think. It's missing a lot of features that are in it now and the terrain is repulsive compared to version 2.0's terrain. However, it gives you an idea what the next public release will be sort of like since we still use a lot of the same old systems in that old Wc3:WoW version.

Level 17
You'll prolly have to grind a heck lot to get to level 40 anyway

Didnt they change level require to 30 like one year ago?
I think it was even before last summer.
I might be wrong though :eek:

I cant remember but.. will it you need level 30 or 40 in wc3:wow?
I remember that i asked this months ago, but i totally forgot.

And by all the AI stuff, does that mean that the stuff there will be possible later, cus it sounds to good and unrealistic to be true.

Level 25
Starting about a week or two ago, Blizzard made it so level 20s can get the first 60% mount and 40s get a 100% mount. Level 60 gets flying mounts. Mounts and training are MUCH cheaper too. However, we won't apply these changes to Wc3:WoW because it's easier to level up and giving players a mount at level 20 would be too early for Wc3:WoW and unalike the first World of Warcraft game.

Level 17
Wow, just level 20 in wow now? what the hell are they thinking?
Thats what you get in the first day, even a test account can archive level 20.
I liked the standard levels 40, 60, 70 & 80 as it was, why are they changing it.
Only cus newbies dont want to spend a several min running around questing without mount :p?

Anyway, its nice to hear that you wont change those stuff, cus i personally think it was a bad move for blizzard. When i first started playing wow, i was like the happiest guy in the world when i got my mount in level 40, it took me forever to get that level at that time, i was like 9/10 years :p

Level 25
I can't complain. I love it the way it is now because of the cheap affordable prices now and the mount at level 20+ really makes a huge difference and is just way more convenient while playing. Yes, it kind of defeats the struggle to get a mount now, but I never really liked it that much anyway. In my humble opinion, I think Blizzard Entertainment did it for the right reasons. To make leveling faster, to make it not take forever to get from one side of the zone to the other, and it keeps the new players for them because new players are like "OH MY GOD! A MOUNT!? SO COOL!!!" which is another reason why World of Warcraft succeeds so much. It's 'awesome factor' is outstanding for beginners in World of Warcraft, and lately it's been getting better and better.

Level 17
I can't complain. I love it the way it is now because of the cheap affordable prices now and the mount at level 20+ really makes a huge difference and is just way more convenient while playing. Yes, it kind of defeats the struggle to get a mount now, but I never really liked it that much anyway. In my humble opinion, I think Blizzard Entertainment did it for the right reasons. To make leveling faster, to make it not take forever to get from one side of the zone to the other, and it keeps the new players for them because new players are like "OH MY GOD! A MOUNT!? SO COOL!!!" which is another reason why World of Warcraft succeeds so much. It's 'awesome factor' is outstanding for beginners in World of Warcraft, and lately it's been getting better and better.

I like the system myself but the thing is that all the time i spended to just save gold for that damn mount & all the time i spended. Now no such thing exist, and i like that, but now it feels like i did everything for nothing :p

Level 17
They will only redo the original world of warcraft. Cataclysm is an expansion just like burning crusade and WotLK. You should not expect to see any content from Cataclysm since the 7 new areas is 78-85 and the rest replaces the old azeroth.

Level 8
I don't get why DeathWing destroys all of Azeroth. And Craka are you gonna post new terrain screenshots?

Level 8
Glad to see the project is still moving great work craka, I've been watching this map for a couple years now even in its dry spots. I've strayed a little I'm assuming you found the jassers/modelers etc?

Anyways, I'm glad this will be based on Original WoW than how it is now. It's just a horrible game after BC lol.

Well enough of that from me. I'll be glad to be in on this even though I despise the horde. Amazing how many things have been implemented into this game spell bars, maps, an actual character screen to show your current gear?

Amazing nuf said.

Level 6
Anyways, I'm glad this will be based on Original WoW than how it is now. It's just a horrible game after BC lol.

Some people just don't like change, including you obviously. This should not be based on just Vanilla WoW. WoW's "downfall" after TBC does not have to change the perspective of WC3:WoW with Burning Crusade and WotLk. But hey, thats just my opinion. WC3:WoW will still be great if they keep it pre-bc.

Btw, Horde ftw. see mah smexy BE avatar? nuff said. xD

P.S: Changed avatar xD

Last edited:
Level 2
Great, how about extracting the map model files of WoW and refer to that? It's atleast save your back someday. I also don't get how they are going to revamp all the maps like that. How about the people who cant afford Cataclysm? Does that mean WoW will lock them out of the game till they buy it? I don't get WoW anyway. Why is Blizzard asking people to buy the expansion pack anyway? Millions of people pay about $10-20 dollars a month to Blizzard and Blizzard tells them if they want more stuff in their game, give them $20 plus an extra $60 or else. If any case, Blizzard may be very innovative and creative here, but they are also complete jerks. They earn a profit every month and instead of treating their fans to extra content for free, they paste a price tag on it and demand even more money out of gamers that are ALREADY paying them money. This is one of the most evil types of medium there is.

If you compare WoW to another game of the same subcription based payment, such as EVE Online, you will realise Blizzard Entertainment is getting corrupt. EVE Online does indeed have the same subcription fees as WoW, but the difference is that it has released 10 FREE expansion packs and 1 more coming to boot. However, WoW has released 2 Expansion Packs that are almost the same price as the game itself. Both games are equally content packed in their expansions, but what happened to WoW I wonder?

Blizzard Entertainment, is even bringing this insult even further with StarCraft 2's Battle.net, even trying to place subcription fees there as well. In a nutshell, the Blizzard I knew that mantained free Battle.net is becoming another 'Microsoft'; increasingly money-minded and such.

P.S: Whoops, sorry...didn't know I became THAT angry with Blizzard all these years... just ignore this post...

Level 17
No screenshots soon since my damn PC isn't working.

AI Bots will sometimes decline your party invitations.

Stupid AI's, they never listen when you try to talk with them :<
And now they ever declines invites o_O god damn, life is hard sometimes :p

And sucks that your PC isn't working :( have been looking forward to see some good news, like pictures for example.

BTW, you got me back to wow Craka, i decided to start play wow after we talked, but damn, sucks that we cant play :<
Started 3 weeks ago, im a level 70 dr00d, gonna try to get 80 in 1-2 weeks.
Then its time to nerd arena :p

Level 17
when will the next release/beta test/thingy-ma-bober be out, if I may ask?

They have no release date and they have no idea at all when the release will come, if it comes.

That question has been asked to many times already.

Craka, make a sticky telling people that there is no release date yet, and that people is not allowed to keep asking about the release date. :)

And name the thread something like "There is not release date.. yet"
:p
I actually hoped for some news when i saw that there were a new post here but noooo.. it was just another guy asking about release date :S

Level 4
well for one why i was asking was becuz i never have checked this project at all whatsoever, and two i just went to the last post, which was in this thread so i didnt go ahead of time and check the stickies and announcements

Level 17
well for one why i was asking was becuz i never have checked this project at all whatsoever, and two i just went to the last post, which was in this thread so i didnt go ahead of time and check the stickies and announcements

But when the title clearly says Read Before Posting you should do that.
This is a problem that appears on the most forums, people does not read them.
When they spend time on keeping a project and forum runing, you could atleast do them a favor and read the thread :)

Level 6
Hehe, not did I even read that thread, so I looked around, looking for the newest version. Didn't find it anywhere, so I assumed it wasn't ready yet. ^^.

Level 4
Told my friend about this being made and he asked if Alliance was being put in first and i slap him across the face with a book and called him a 'Non-Believa' lol.

Shows how many of my friends are for the Infe- I mean Alliance :p

Level 19
Still, it looks nice so... I hope this projects gets so successful it'll attract more visitors to Hive... Who knows, even Blizzard... Hehe...

Level 17
I hope it attracts someone from Blizzard, cuz it'll show the uber powah of Warcraft3: WoW :grin:

Dont you think you are over reacting just a little bit?
So far, it is kind of just a huge amount of maps making a terrain replica of wow. And im sure that blizzard already knows about this project, and that they have done that for a long time now, but i dont think they will mention this before it is in good playable shape.

Level 25
I actually hope they don't know about the project just yet and only find out about it when it has all its wonderful features together in the mod and is bug-free and playable. Although, not sure if much would happen if they did take notice.

I'm almost positive Blizzard Entertainment knows about Diablo III WarCraft by CloudWolf and I don't see him working for them or anything... not yet at least! Still hoping they help him out or something.

I actually hope they don't know about the project just yet and only find out about it when it has all its wonderful features together in the mod and is bug-free and playable. Although, not sure if much would happen if they did take notice.

I'm almost positive Blizzard Entertainment knows about Diablo III WarCraft by CloudWolf and I don't see him working for them or anything... not yet at least! Still hoping they help him out or something.

Well I think blizzard will notice a complete replica of their mmo :p

Level 4
ya thats like Bungie seeing some group making a Halo mod for Command and Conquer, and when they found them they burned them bad D :

not saying blizzard would do this but its a example :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.