• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] A very easy Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Can someone make me the very easy Trigger I request? Please in a map so I copy it from yours pasting it to mine? +rep for helper and ty

The trigger I want: (Make one of these two, I recommend 1st highly)

Player 1 (Red) does not haves any effects from cinematic until 22th second. Cuz in my map theres a cinematic on the 1st 15-16 seconds of the game. After the 22th second any cinematic effects works on red too. Also, after the game is started, on the 1st 16th second a msg comes to Red "Cinematic Effects has been passed.", only Red can see that. And on 1st second of gameplay a msg appears to red "You may procced the Password now.."

If that trigger is IMPOSSIBLE to happen, then I secondary recommend this:

The Game after the cinematics passes pauses automatically and it can not be unpaused. Pauses means, units doesn't moves, vision of Map is 0, units can't be touched, abilities can't be done, nothing works. The only way for game's unpause is if Red types the command "start" in observer (or what ever, just include obs too plz) chat.

Last edited:
Level 33
You can try this.
If you want to further to do the cinematics for non-Host (not Player 1), you can use the Pick Every Player action and use Pick Every Player in PlayerGroup.
Basically this will pick all player of non-Host player which is not Player 1.

Attachments

• Simple Host Power Cinematic System.w3x
    13.4 KB · Views: 45
Level 5
You can try this.
If you want to further to do the cinematics for non-Host (not Player 1), you can use the Pick Every Player action and use Pick Every Player in PlayerGroup.
Basically this will pick all player of non-Host player which is not Player 1.

Yeah +rep but.. Can you make it so Player 1 until 16th second of game can't do anything like spawning any units or moving his units or clicking his units etc but only text? Keep in mind triggers are still working after all.

Level 5
What kind of action can Player 1 (Host) actually do when the cinematic is in play ?
Tell me exactly the details, like spawning units, via what ?
And what else could he possibly do

Put a Password so the game doesn't automatically defeats all. The password is to verify that this game is hosted by the right guy. If no password is written by Red until game reaches to 16th second and cinematics passes, all players takes defeat. I have all those triggers already the one I wan't is to pause game until that 16th second, making sure Red doesn't does anything or plays before the Password Verifitation.

Those are the triggers of password verifitation btw:

Trigger #1:

• Password Check
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing pass391234 as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Real_Admin = True
Trigger #2

• Password Kick
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 16.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Real_Admin Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Game - Defeat (Picked player) with the message: Only greg an...
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Game turned on.

Level 33
Does that Host can only types the password and do nothing else ?
While waiting other players to watch the cinematics ?

The host has nothing else to do ?

This is not a mockery question, but a serious question.

If he has unit(s) to control, we can pick all the units to be in paused states, well that for units.

For others, you must specify it.

Level 5
Does that Host can only types the password and do nothing else ?
While waiting other players to watch the cinematics ?

The host has nothing else to do ?

This is not a mockery question, but a serious question.

If he has unit(s) to control, we can pick all the units to be in paused states, well that for units.

For others, you must specify it.

Yeah while other players watch cinematics, Red can't do anything expect giving out commands such as the password or other commands that came from triggers. But triggers works until 16th second of game (and after ofc). Theres more triggers such as Name Regognizer etc so I can't tell you some-only triggers to work, just make em all work. And yes Red has Units (and as I already said they're useless until 16 second cuz he can't use them!), do you mean me to put these units like one by one or anything? If yes please try to find another way cuz theres many units that red has.

Level 5
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
This will pause all units in control of Player 1.

Okay just to inform you, I have made it since yesterday after you posted this. Works aswell, took me some small amount of time since I am not good with triggers but yea it was easy, I found it at least. Okay as I said works, thank you for your time and help +2nd Rep ;)

The reason I didn't posted this when I made the trigger at yesterday was cuz I couldn't rep you again so I spreaded some reps, and when I tried to rep you it told me to wait one day, and I wanted when I post this shit to rep you at the same time. Well, done now, and thanks for a bilion time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.