• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] i made a trigger and its not working as i want :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
  • Metro
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Divine Shield STORM
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Abomination (cinematic) using The old unit's life and mana
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove (Last replaced unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 adfdasfas (cinematic) for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Leaving unit))
      • Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 14.00
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for Player 1 (Red)
i want so when the first unit is removed i want him to be there for 10 seconds then he removes back to the orginal unit :p'

and how i make a chain lightning green?

and how i make a ability so when unit klick on spell he moves faster for 10 second :p

and how i make a cool life drain red :p

Level 28
Why don't you just use the "morph" ability?

chain lightning green doesn't work unless you manually recolor it or create it via triggers

faster unit can be done easily by using the "movementspeed bonus" ability which is located under Abilites -> Items. Uncheck the "Item-ability" checkbox, set the duration to 10s and give it to your hero.

For the lifedrain goes the same as for the chainlightning

Level 19
because when i choose morph it doesent work...
i dont cvhanging unit at all.....

but can u show me the trigger more replace..... hwo to replace them twice and here is one more....

War Stomp1 Copy
  • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp SNAKE
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 20 units from (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Casting unit))))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster impala for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Impale\ImpaleHitTarget.mdl
          • Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 10.00
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
          • Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for Player 1 (Red)
it wont stop shaking the camera..... i dont know why :S

Level 19
the thing is the model i use for my metro thing is an buff.....
as the model.... so it wont work :S

wtf it double posted when i edit the post :S

can sum one help me plz ?

for the first one i use a buff as model :S

Last edited:
Level 17
  • Umm
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Divine Shield
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Misc <gen>)
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Neutral Passive and Retain color
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Footman) and do (Unit - Create 1 Rifleman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees)
      • Trigger - Turn on Umm2 <gen>
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Rifleman) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Footman) and do (Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Position of (Picked unit)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Footman) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
  • Umm2 (Initially off)
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Footman) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Follow (Last created unit))
Right, Paladin is your hero, Footman is your dummy and Rifleman is the unit you're morphing into. You'll need to make a tiny area in the game for your hero to be moved to, even though the player will not be able to see that.

This works fine, I have tested it, and seeing as you claim it's a 1 man DotA-like map, there should be no reason for it to be MUI.

If anyone does see any faults, don't bother PMing me or trying to tell me, I won't see it, just tell Shang and he'll be able to fix it, or should do.

Level 11
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Divine Shield STORM
Actions
Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Abomination (cinematic) using The old unit's life and mana that abomination has fast speed and life-drain. make those abilities for abomy
Wait 10.00 seconds
Unit - Remove (Last replaced unit) from the game
Unit - Create 1 adfdasfas (cinematic) for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Leaving unit))
//correct line instead of these two will be "Unit - Replace last replaced unit with SADASFA" the sadasfa unit has modified properties with object editor k?
Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 14.00
Wait 10.00 seconds
Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for Player 1 (Red)

i want so when the first unit is removed i want him to be there for 10 seconds then he removes back to the orginal unit :p' And original unit is SaDaSfA right? Then use something else instead of sadasfa that would be the unit type that was used the firstest in the trigger.

and how i make a chain lightning green? Use life leech effect

and how i make a ability so when unit klick on spell he moves faster for 10 second :p That spell must be based off some Itemspell, Temporary Speed Boost or something like that with an icon of red potion :)confused:)

and how i make a cool life drain red :p Use vampiric aura ability and set its range to 1, so it doesn't spread on any other units

because when i choose morph it doesent work...
i dont cvhanging unit at all.....

but can u show me the trigger more replace..... hwo to replace them twice and here is one more....

War Stomp1 Copy
Events
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp SNAKE
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 20 units from (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Casting unit))))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster impala for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
Unit - Add a 1.00 No, make the timer be 0.02 sec. Caster must have no model second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Impale\ImpaleHitTarget.mdl
Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 10.00
Wait 2.00 seconds
Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for Player 1 (Red) copy this line to another trigger and convert that trigger to custom text, then copy the line with action you find in that converted trigger and paste that line as custom script into your trigger

it wont stop shaking the camera..... i dont know why :S it's just a bug, happens pretty often

Any questions on my answers I gave you as oversized letters in quotes?

the thing is the model i use for my metro thing is an buff.....
as the model.... so it wont work :S

wtf it double posted when i edit the post :S

can sum one help me plz ?

for the first one i use a buff as model :S

Nooooooo!! Change the buff art for divine shield, don't create a unit, because the casting unit may move.

Level 19
lo lwtf first one wiorks fine now O: but 1 more problem i have 2 devine shield as abilitys for 2 diffrent.....

and when i klick on the 1 he do only this changing unit stuff.....

but the last one warstomp i dont get to work.... its still shaking :S how to convert trigger?

Level 11
lo lwtf first one wiorks fine now O: but 1 more problem i have 2 devine shield as abilitys for 2 diffrent.....

and when i klick on the 1 he do only this changing unit stuff.....

but the last one warstomp i dont get to work.... its still shaking :S

One "Special Effect - Create special effect on unit". Then you create special effect at:
origin - between feet, on the ground
overhead - -.-
head - used for helmet attachments
hand right
hand left
foot right
foot left
chest - at the unit's body

on the casting unit and using that "buff model". To remove effects from unit use Special Effect - Destroy last created special effect.

To stop shaking the camera follow steps:
1) copy the action where you stop shaking the camera to another empty (dummy) trigger
2) after pasting that action to empty trigger, convert that trigger to custom text, using Edit-->Convert to custom text
3) now there's JASS in your trigger. Find a line in it that says " call ... blablablablablabla(###)blablablablablablabla(###,##)" it starts with "call" word.
4) select copy that line you found
5) go to your trigger you are trying to work on, add an action - Custom script. A window will appear where you have to enter custom script
6) use ctrl+v to paste the copied line from dummy trigger to your action and then click OK.
7) You no longer need that average action that doesn't work. Delete it, but not the custom script.

Any queblablabla?

Level 19
now it looks liek this is it right?

War Stomp1 Copy
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp SNAKE
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 20 units from (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Casting unit))))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster impala for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
        • Unit - Add a 0.02 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Impale\ImpaleHitTarget.mdl
        • Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 10.00
        • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Custom script: call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_dummyyyyyyyyy, function Trig_dummyyyyyyyyy_Actions )

Level 9
Metro
joinminus.gif
events.gif
Events
line.gif
joinbottom.gif
unit.gif

joinminus.gif
cond.gif
Conditions
line.gif
joinbottom.gif
if.gif
(Ability being cast) Equal to Divine Shield STORM

joinbottomminus.gif
actions.gif
Actions
empty.gif
join.gif
unit.gif
Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Abomination (cinematic) using The old unit's life and mana
empty.gif
join.gif
zzz.gif
Wait 10.00 seconds
empty.gif
join.gif
unit.gif
Unit - Remove (Last replaced unit) from the game
empty.gif
join.gif
unit.gif
Unit - Create 1 adfdasfas (cinematic) for Player (Even responce player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Leaving unit))
empty.gif
join.gif
cam.gif
Camera - Shake the camera for Player 1 (Red) with magnitude 14.00
empty.gif
join.gif
zzz.gif
Wait 10.00 seconds
empty.gif
joinbottom.gif
cam.gif
Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for (Picked Player)

Level 19
wtf that one i allready made dude :S
i talking about the last one i made warsomp 1 copy :S'

can sum oen help pLZ god dam it...

whats wrong with this .... its not working that one i made....

i mean the warstomp_copy 1

Last edited:
Level 11
wtf that one i allready made dude :S
i talking about the last one i made warsomp 1 copy :S'

can sum oen help pLZ god dam it...

whats wrong with this .... its not working that one i made....

i mean the warstomp_copy 1
:slp:
Shanghai, out of interest, please describe events you want to happen in your second trigger. :angry: EXAMPLE:
When a tauren chief casts ability based off War Stomp, I want all enemy units that are around the tauren chief to have lighting effect appeared at their position. If I don't want enemy units stunned, then I must set the war stomp's effect duration to 0.01 .

Status
Not open for further replies.