• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Trigger makes map Impassible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello, I made a simple trigger that is supposed to add spells to certain unit types dependent on if a research is is completed.
  • Lich new spells
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Current research level of Recovered Power for (Owner of (Entering unit))) Equal to 1
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Lich (mage)
          • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Lich (necro)
          • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Lich (sage)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Lich (mage)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Immolation (lich) to (Entering unit)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Lich (necro)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Dark Regeneration (lich) to (Entering unit)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Lich (sage)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Lightning Shield (lich) to (Entering unit)
        • Else - Actions
This trigger has an issue. It makes my whole map impassible. All my units that are on the map can't really move around anywhere when I run the map. They sort of face in the direction and teleport randomly a few units in a random direction or just stay frozen. Also when I try exit the game the game freezes and I need to end it in the task manager.

I only figured out the trigger was causing this because when I delete the trigger the problem goes away.

Level 12
Have you tried having it trigger with a different method?
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Trained unit-type) Equal to (Your Hero)
    • Actions
      • (Your Actions)
Training a unit is not the only way those units are made. Maybe the trigger itself is hexed. I will try to make an identical trigger from scratch.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try deleting the trigger, saving, then remaking the trigger.

Occasionally World Edit has been known to randomly mess up the base pathing map. Commonly this manifests itself as walkable water or other undesired pathing anomalies. Forcing it to rebuild the pathing map usually fixes this. However simply saving does not force the pathing map to be rebuilt, instead you need to change something. As such it is possible that deleting this trigger forces the editor to rebuild the pathing map and so fixes the problem.

If it still persists after deleting, saving, testing it is fixed, reconstructing and then testing again this must not be the problem. In that case I would recommend posting the map so that experts can analyse it.

Level 12
I solved the problem by not using any trigger, just using 3 berserker-based abilities with their requirement being the research. I just had to create 3 extra units for this.

Here is some more information about the trigger I got from loading my old backup and testing some more.

Trigger turned off = problem persists
Copy-pasted trigger and deleted old one = problem persists
Created identical copy without copying anything from old trigger = problem persists
Delete trigger, save map, restore trigger, save map = problem persists
Disabled trigger = problem gone
Deleted trigger = problem gone

Dr Super Good, I can send the map to you if you are interested in analyzing this issue.

Level 12
Hello, the problem occurred once again. This time this trigger was causing it.
  • activate wander
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Daemonic Consumer dummy
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on consumer custom wander <gen>
It was easy making a different trigger that achieved the same outcome so not much sweat to counter this evil sorcery.
  • consumer wander activate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Daemonic Consumer
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on consumer custom wander <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Level 12
Alright I made another "a unit enters map" style trigger and I really need this one, no getting around it. The bug, as predicted, occured. It's odd because I also noticed that I already have a few existing triggers based of the event that causes this.

Well after trying to figure out the cause/testing I found that by deleting some other triggers I am using (not the "a unit enters map" ones) the problem ends.

The triggers are the ones needed to run the GDD damage event system.

I will try to get around this one way or the other. For now I will be experimenting deleting/re-copying stuff to see what works.

Status
Not open for further replies.