• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A fly Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Alright y'all, I need some help. I have made a spell that makes a unit fly forward to a location and then slam down, the only problem I am having is the timing. Does anyone know a good way that I can make the movement smooth no matter the distance? I have some ideas but it might b kind of ugly to put together. So anyone with and easier way please enlighten me

Level 9

e=mc2

enegy=speedoflight to the second power

in the case the speed of light is replaced by the units movement speed, replacing energy with distance the equation becomes distance=unitspeed2 so just set the units movement speed to half the distance and ill look fairly fluid :p.

Level 11
Somebody knows advanced math... Good! Another idea would be to simply order the unit to move there and wait (Ingame wait) SquareRoot(Pow([Start Point x]-[Destination Point x],2)+Pow([Start Point y]-[Destination Point y],2)) / Unit Speed

x and y are the x and y coordinates of the two points. Good luck!

~Daelin

Level 7
So what are you suggesting with the whole half the distance? I'm guessing just use an Issue Move Order? What exactly does the in game speed represent? Is it like velocity of any sort? d/t? so A speed of 200 would mean a distance of 200 traveled in 1 second? If thats right please tell me because I'm unsure

Level 7
Ah okay I see what you mean. So it would just be like my Morph spell for your contest, hmm but what about the flying change? what does it mean to say Change at rate 500? like I know that higher will make it go faster but what does it represent? is it distance/second?

Level 2
funny that i actually respond so late. well ive been working on this spell when you mean what im thinking of. now im finished with this spell and it took me a long time but atlast im done. its name is superslam and works with a parabel. well if you are having any problems understanding this spell then pm me or post into this thread. heres the link.
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=989

Status
Not open for further replies.