• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Fly Height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I have a trigger that spawns a unit. The unit has move fly, and has no pathing so it doesn't bump into anything.
  • Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 0.00 at 0.00
I put this into the trigger so the unit wouldn't be way into the air when it spawned, but it didn't seem to work, is 0 not the ground? and the 2nd number, what is it for?

Thanks for any info.

Level 19
height 0 is on the ground
the second o is the speed at which the unit will be moved
e.g. the unit has a flying height of 300 and I change its height to 0 at 300 it will take me one second until the unit is on the ground

by the way: if you want to change the height of non-flying units you can add and remove the storm crow form ability to and from the wanted unit and it will work as if it was flying

and if it does not work at all you should change the "last created unit" to something more appropiate (dunno what cause you don't give any information about this)
however good luck

Level 10
Units have a minimum fly height in the object editor

Dont know whether this can already fix your problem...

Besides that, units flying with a height of 0 still get into the air near cliffs, that is to smooth the movment of flying units, but is annoying in this case... well no way to fix it except for using another pathing type...

if its really important: choose a pathing type you do not use normally, like maybe water? do yo use water on your map?
because then, you can make the whole map pathable for water units at map initialization via a little (but slow) script, make your unit use that pathing type and it should always walk on the ground...

Status
Not open for further replies.