• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Damage Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys, do anyone know how to get a unit's damage data in a trigger/ getting the data and storing in variables/ or modifying the units damage data?

In the map I'm making, I want the abilities to deal a percentage of the castor total damage to the unit getting hit.

And instead of giving units extra damage (+) or using critical strike which is a passive ability (you don't say), I want to create an active ability that multiply the damage for a short period of time.
(Adding critical strike to the dude who is casting and removing it might help :/ but... will it work?)

Example:
<Ability>
Deals 120% of castor's damage.
<Ability>
When cast, damage will be doubled for 99999 second.

I thought it might help the abilities still be used. Like in Dota, if you get too IMBA even normal attacks is stronger than your ability, you won't need to use the ability which is a bit boring. (If I am not mistaken. >__<)

Hope you guys can help. JASS or GUI, I'll be glad. :D (though I still suck at JASS >_< I may just copy and paste) or a tutorial might help. >_<

(Sorry for bad English if I am using it wrongly.)

Level 7
item abilities....? @_@ i don't understand anything from CSS >_<

Though what I at least want is how to get a unit's current damage with bonus (not final damage) and maybe store them in a variable.

Can CSS straight add bonus like this :
<unit's current damage> x 2 or
200% of <unit's current damage>

and then apply it to the unit for a short period or the period of the whole skill. >_<

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Though what I at least want is how to get a unit's current damage with bonus (not final damage) and maybe store them in a variable.
Not possible. You can only guess it by using some kind of lookup table system with all possible damage and damage modifications being stored in it and testes.

Can CSS straight add bonus like this :
As far as I know, it only lets you add +X damage, not +X%. You could use a hidden spell book containing a modified Command Aura for the +100% damage but this would only be for standard, orb or arrow attacks the unit makes.

In standard melee play, a good approximation for doubling damage is to add a flat amount (say 20) and then a bonus based on the hero's prime attribute. This does not factor in other damage buffing sources but is a very good approximation to the standard hero damage + prime attribute damage.

Level 7
So, I cannot use the current hero damage for the ability damage and/or also modifying the hero's current damage and set it as ability damage?

If cannot, well, sad... Then I'll just modify the total value of the hero's primary attribute (+) a certain amount of damage for the ability damage then. :/

Why didn't WE have damage data but attributes data?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Why didn't WE have damage data but attributes data?
Because attributes are a lot more simple than damage. Each unit has 2 attacks, both of which have a minimum and maximum damage computed by rolling a number of dices. When a melee hero attacks air units using an orb it uses the second hidden attack instead of its main attack.

Level 7
Oh.. I see.. Well, too bad. XD Thanks for helping, all of you. I'll just go with attributes then. (just to make it more simpler)

probably will +rep to all of you xD

BTW, is there really no way to get the hero's current damage or anything that gotta do with it?

Will this tread considered [Solved] if there is no more way to get the data?

(DDS is the final damage though, so I don't think it'll work but still thanks, deathismyfriend.)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try to DL Warcraft III UNLIMITED there are advanced trigger and actions in the W3 UNLIMITED such as increasing the defense of the unit.
That basically is a leakier and less reliable version of the systems already linked here in this thread. It also uses item abilities to add/remove damage and armor.

The editor itself is a piece of junk compared to JNGP editor so I strongly advise against using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.