• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Critical Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello, I'm a new guy in this forum and not very advanced in GUI triggers. My question is how can I make a unit deal % of it's damage. What I need actually is to get the minimum and maximum (Including bonuses) damage of a unit. Perhaps assign it to a variable and use it after that. Like a critical strike, but without using the "Critical Strike" or "Bash" ability. I used search, but I didn't find anything that can help me. If I missed something you can just give me the link :) Thanks in advice.

Level 8
I want to get the damage of a unit with the bonuses. Not the damage it dealt on attack. Also I can't use the normal "Critical Strike", because it multiplies the already dealt normal damage and gives this annoying "<dmg>!" red message over the attacker.

Something like this:

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: (The minimum damage of Evil Creature is: + (String((Minimum damage of (Evil Creature)))))
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: (The maximum damage of Evil Creature is: + (String((Maximum damage of (Evil Creature)))))
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: (The damage bonus of Evil Creature is: + (String((Damage bonus of (Evil Creature)))))

Level 19
I mean its possible to make a custom critical strike but not possible to calculate damage
to make a critical strike
you need an any unit takes damage system
and poison attack ability
so when someone gets damaged if it has poison buff then it got a normal attack
remove the poison buff and do + damage recived*X damage

Level 8
Yeah, I know how to do that, but thanks for your help. I already did something like this to deal extra damage but the problem is I have a system that creates a floating message with the damage done (I made it myself in GUI, it uses three triggers: the map init trigger, one to add events to the third, and the third to create the floating text). So if the unit deals damage and then deals extra damage via triggers there will be two floating text messages. That was my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.