• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HELP: I cant save transparent TGA's in Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
u will need to edit in alpha..if ps go to Channel>Alpha 1

white = add
black = delete.. =)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Remember not to press Flatten Image to collapse the layers, and make sure your layers have Alpha channels.

You have misunderstood the way targa files work. The transparent background as seen in photoshop would only be displayed in .gif or .png files. In targa format, transparency is saved in a separate alpha channel, as black and white colors.

Go to the channel tab, and if you only see R, B and G channels, click the little "add channel" button at the bottom to create an alpha channel. As above stated, you will there use white for what's visible and black for what's not.

Your texture file will have to be an 8-bit RBG file, and resolution should be 72 pixels (other might work, but i found that it bugs if i use more). Go to Image>Mode to make sure of this.

Level 7
Its simple, First the Texture must be in .TGA and must be check to Alpha Channels!

First - Select all the texture except for the area where have the alpha
Second - Go to Select menu and Find Save Selection
Third- A.)Now there is a Channel in which it has a selectable menu,choose the previous alpha and replace it press ok,then your done
B.) If you doesnt have any alpha at all,then type the name you want then press ok

After that its done,Go to Channel and check if it has alpha, select it and uncheck other all, you can see a red glow on your texture and thats the alpha!

Status
Not open for further replies.