• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Loading Progress Bar help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright when it comes to importing files and customizing a game im usually pretty good but im just confused on how to do this. That thing is to SIMPLY chance the color on the loading progress bar in the loading screen from dull blue to red to make it match my high resolution low filesize loading screen. I will search for years until i find a way but a post with someone who knows will help and they will be recognized in my map =D.

First i tried to take the LoadBar-FilBar.blp extracted it and cahnged it to red and saved it as a .blp again. I imported it and am positive that i used the right string of UI\loadbar\yayayada.blp and like any normal import thought it would work, but it didnt. I then proceeded to open up the Loadbar.mdx to make sure the path i was using EXACTLY matched the normal file path and it did. I tried altereing the .mdx file to use a different bar fill and then changed the .blp imported images file path to that one thinking it couldnt match the original.... well no use... so at this point i need some proffesional help ..

Thanks,
Volkri

p.s. heres my perty LS

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_070407_041808_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_070407_041808_01.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 319
Level 8
All I can say is that the fact the bar is displayed all fine and dandy, just in it's original state, suggests that the problem is with your edit rather than your import. I don't know which one you edited, but there are two loading bar textures (one for Bnet aswell) so you could, as a shot in the dark, just edit both of them and import them both just on the off chance... Probably not much help, but it's all I can offer I'm afraid since nobody who knows about these things seems to care for you...

Good luck with the problem!

Level 12
Yes, there are two loading bar textures. The one for Battle.net has the "Waiting for other players" thing. So does the LAN. But I think the one you edited was the normal, scrappy campaign/scenario (single player) one. And Battle.net won't load that.

Status
Not open for further replies.