• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tropics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
A little play with the lighting and reflections.

Attachments

• SummerNewWithWaves2.png
    SummerNewWithWaves2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 467
Last edited:
Level 13
Doesn't look very tropical, still great nonetheless.

Yes I agree. But on a normal name fantasy is not enough)
Thank you)

What do you think. Not too much light? Or should it slightly to remove?

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The foliage on tobyfat50's island trees looks more like fungus growth than leaves when you see them from afar. Also the water is too blue and surfaceless, try this (View attachment Barrens Water.rar), and if that doesn't cut it, use the hidden shoreline wave resource (Doodads\LordaeronSummer\Water\ShorelineWave\ShorelineWave1.mdl).

I really like the mountains and the surrounding shrubbery.

Level 13
Yes, the trees need to do something.
I tried to replace the water, but got this ... I tried to change the thickness, color and other parameters of water, but nothing happens ... It's like a white (or blue) cloth.

PS: thanks for the advices:)

Attachments

• SummerInBW.png
    SummerInBW.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 170
Level 34
I gotta say I disagree with fladds on this one. I loved the still lake appearance. Also I hardly notice a difference in the updates.

Really really good composition here. The rocks on the left are balanced well by the mountain and the foliage on the right.

I love the mountain, although I think it's a bit close/clear. If it were slightly farther beck (I know that would be near impossible to do at this point) and you had thinker fog to simulate UV.

When you look into the distance, especially on a sunny day, the UV rays will make backgrounds look bluer and faded (generally). This is why photographers use polarized filters on a lens. This is also why terrains that use fog to mask mountains in the back look so good. It's more natural looking.

Not sure if you can use a thinker fog in the background since the terrain looks fairly small, but it might be worth a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.