• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dusk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Wanted to try some reflections and lighting, this is what came out. :) Feedback is welcome.

Updated versions below.

Attachments

• Dusk2.jpg
    Dusk2.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Level 6
Ooooh awesome, it looks great, like the purple lighting around water + sun reflection.

Maybe add a ship or something? could look great with reflection + it would fill up the large sea area a bit ^^

Level 6
Looks nice so far, but as it has been already said the background is quite empty. You could add some distant spires, maybe some weather effects...
or some waves placed right would do fine too.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Yeah, loving the concept! Although the light source (the sun in this case) could be bigger to take up more space. And you can also sort of see the end of the world, as the horizon is really wide open. Adding a ship or something to it would be quite effectful.

Level 11
great terrain and awesome atmosphere as said
the only thing that i could point out is the sky...i dont know if that white fits it very well...i would suggest to change the color to some blue or something and add some clouds..think that would make the background look better and make the sun a lil' bigger as fladder said

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
My sudgestion would be to use a sun glimmer effect that would be perfect for this terrain.
Firstly, download the holy rain model from here: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=85230&highlight=holy+rain
Secondly, create a new doodad using the holy rain as model file. Make sure you set the minimum scaling value to 0.01 and the maximum scaling value to something like 3.
Place your holy rain doodad and flatten it (make sure you really flatten it)
You've now created a perfect model for sunglimmer!
Here's what the end result will look like:
http://www.wc3c.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=18311&d=1167492044

Level 17
Not sure if that'll fit in since i was going for reddish lighting and the color of the glimmer cant be changed :(

EDIT: Okay so i tried it and it doesnt look that bad actually, tell me what u think.

Attachments

• Dusk5.jpg
    Dusk5.jpg
    1,003 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.