• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crimbo Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Still not sure about all the quirks, so I'll take any criticism you guys throw at me.

This piece was insanely difficult to work with. The train is entirely constructed from scratch. All in all I think it came out alright.

Hit me with everything you've got. Merry Belated Crimbo.

Attachments

• crimbo.png
    crimbo.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 370
Level 36
Doesn't give me much of a Christmas feel, honestly.

But save for that, there's nothing to point out about what is already there,
pretty stellar stuff, and that train is fucking dope.

I'd like to see a more interesting sky, though, maybe you should play around with the
stand alone cloud models to make some openings in the clouds where stars shine
through, one of them being the polar star, to add a little sparkle.

Level 28
Indeed it is awesome, I make their words my words - "That looks incredibly cool" and "that train is fucking dope". However, as you demanded, I found something to complain about:

The snow (predominant on the left side of the picture) is too similar to the stars. Both of them got like the same transparency, spacing and size. That makes the viewer be confused for 1 sec by the fact that there seems to be stars in front of walls etc. IDK the what the best solution would be, making the snow larger and whiter, or making the sky clearly more crowded of stars or whatever.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Thanks, guys. :)

Is this the one you were going to use in the challenge?
Yes. Although if it had been for the challenge, I would probably play with more Crimbo decorations.

Let's hope Ayumi-chan makes it to her destination safely. (●´ω`●)
Senpai didn't notice Ayumi-chan, so she took her inner demons for a ride in the suburbs. On a Crimbo train to find herself and her faith, going absolutely nowhere. (◕︿◕✿)

Doesn't give me much of a Christmas feel, honestly.
Yeah I dropped many things because the challenge fell through. e.g. a big moon with Santa's sleigh and stuff like that.

I'd like to see a more interesting sky, though, maybe you should play around with the standalone cloud models to make some openings in the clouds where stars shine through, one of them being the polar star, to add a little sparkle.
I'll see if I can do it without making it too bright. Because I still want a night scene.

The snow (predominant on the left side of the picture) is too similar to the stars. Both of them got like the same transparency, spacing and size. That makes the viewer be confused for 1 sec by the fact that there seems to be stars in front of walls etc. IDK the what the best solution would be, making the snow larger and whiter, or making the sky clearly more crowded of stars or whatever.
I can see where you're coming from. The idea was actually that it was all supposed to be snow. But with that sky, I guess you can't get away from that they look like stars any way you slice it.

Clouds could help me here I guess. Or I could play around with more faded nebulas.

Status
Not open for further replies.