• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Carpet's Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I'm sure there's only spiders and cobwebs still hanging around in here, but then I'll be in good company.

Anyway, since I have a tradition of slamming whoever wants to read my shitty poetry with...
My shitty poetry - from time to time I figured I'd take another swing:

Carpet's Fall

Come in, come in, take a seat
Fill the rows and rest your feet
I am here for all to see
I am here to give you me

I will smile and shake my feet
let me cry and wave the sheet
I'll dance and sing, yes I will
For all of you to feel the thrill

This show is all, this show is life
Upon the stage I give you strife
Pulled by strings, drawn by threads
I'll wear a wig, even dreads

Puppet, oh puppet, I hear you call
Gather together, one and all
Tell me, tell me, tell me true
Of all the things that I should do

For I am here till carpet's fall
I am here for none at all

Thank you, and please hit me with the worst you've got ^^ (Preferably some shitty poetry).

Last edited:
Level 36
No - no, thanks for the read! I really appreciate that you took the time to check it out :)

Yeah, this is a bit half-finished I guess, I actually have another text, which is written more like a song, that follows a bit of the same theme, which I may or may not post, we'll see. But yeah, I won't divest too much of what I intended to say with this, but the notion of feeling that your life at times constantly feels like you're "performing" for the amusement of others is definitely close to the core of it.

It's certainly a more traditional style poem, with a steady AABB rhythm, I just felt that it fit with the overall aesthetic I was trying to go for with this one, even though I normally prefer to write more fragmentary poetry with broken rhythms, relying more on the musicality of the composition rather than simply end-rhymes.

Status
Not open for further replies.