• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW's social network game platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

245746-albums8339-picture99105.png

THW's social network game platform

:)cidea: Suggestion)

245746-albums8339-picture99104.png

:cq: How about creating a [highlight]social network game platform[/code] (World wide) for WC3: TFT related to THW?

I mean... I'm not sure with Battle.net. I know that most of Garena+ players in Malaysia don't know THW so they create epicwar's maps instead of creating THW's maps.

:cexc: Only my Garena+ clan and my Garena+ buddies know THW. So less players create THW's maps at Malaysia rooms in Garena+...

So... Ya, that's the point.

Possible outcome: THW will become more popular in Asia and there will be more players to play THW's maps. :)
- - - - - - -
This is my opinion...

245746-albums8339-picture99106.png
Just a suggestion... :) Let's discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Erhh... If there is no wrong... I can say... Most of epicwar's maps are hacked. THW's maps are awesome.

This is my opinion.

Level 32
The problem is that the online community has more appeal than a modding community. Hive Workshop focuses much less on online communities than other sites. Yes, Hive Workshop probably is the most active Warcraft 3 site and it is modding, but there are countless clan, individual map, and general non-modding Warcraft 3 sites everywhere.

The casual gamer is not the average modder.

And like Ralle said, it's too much work. I do tell people about the site frequently, but I rarely see a non-modder I've asked to join become even semi-active here. Affiliations and such are a much easier way to get more traffic.

Oj. said:
I mean... I'm not sure with Battle.net.
Probably 80% of the very active battle.net players use this site regularly: http://makemehost.com/

'Been using that for years.

Something like our own PVPGN server would be neat, but it might damage Hive if Blizzard ever comes knocking about the large amount of pirates.

Yeah, though I doubt they react soon. I mean with all the amount of PvPGN servers....
Still, the cost for making the server is no joke, larger server cost more.

Level 25
Hmm seems interesting, we have a lot of members so it could be a whooole community working together.

I even want to see the whole community to participate in a game somehow, dunno, that sounds cool, and it would be about us all, with Ralle the...dunno maybe an RPG then the enemies are trolls? Then all the members could play and you need an account here to play. Just dreaming but not impossible right?

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

LordDz said:
About 20.54% speak english in malaysia, wouldn't the speech barrier be quite big?

Ya, I suffer a lot of them.

They always talk by using Hokkien language. They also type shortforms which I don't know what exactly they are meaning.

Some of them talk by using Malaysia language.

Status
Not open for further replies.