• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraneos Legacy: REBIRTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
2quol02.jpg

We thought we won. We didn't know that the battle just started.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
STORY: In the year 2134, humans, now extremely advanced in technology, have colonized a planet suitable for life, two times bigger than Jupiter. Humans slowly started to leave Earth, searching for a better life at "Terraneos", how the planet was called, which meant "New Earth".
Life on Terraneos was good, not considering the rare attacks of Terraneos' hostile creatures, called Kaizar Hounds.
Since the cities on Terraneos were still in development, scientists started making a highly advanced Android race, called HumBots(human-robot). Project was more than successful - in 10 years, first HumBot was made. And so a new era started - they helped building cities, helping people, assigned in the military. Earth was completely abandoned, having a look of a wasteland.
Alas, all that is good, has to end. In the year 2195, an unknown spaceship landed in the middle of a city. A strange creature came out of it, and just stood waiting for something. No one dared reaching him, but after some time a man came to greet it. Which ended in his body torn apart by the creature. That meant War.
The raging war was blasting for 20 years. Many heroes have fallen, and new ones were rising. Jax, as the most powerful HumBot, led many of them to victorious battles, not having a choice but to lead despised humans along with him. The reason why he was doing that was to save his beloved girlfriend Ayumi, who was kidnapped by Arcturus, one of the most dangerous aliens ever attacked.
Arcturus was defeated, but Ayumi was still missing. Jax didn't give up, although chances that she was alive were equal to zero. Trough many epic battles and struggles, aliens were finally defeated and driven away from Terraneos. The planet started regenerating, only to be... invaded once more. This time, by the humanoid alien race, given the name Missari. These monsters were far more vicious than the first aliens, having ogranic weaponry and intelligent strategics. As if the problems weren't enough with them, Kaizar hounds started evolving into 30ft tall monstrosities, fortunately there wasn't much left of them on Terraneos.
The war started flaming again. Humans and HumBots waged the battle against the Missari - who will come out victorious?

You can choose to be a:

Human
You are a human marine. You are specialized in a wide specter of weapons. When you start, you will get a Laser rifle with infinite ammo and a military suit and a helmet. You will get orders from the first player who signs up as a human leader.

HumBot
You are a highly advanced android race. Specialized in fast movement and fistfight. You can have maximum of two weapons, because they get attached to your hand by equipping. By time, you will find alien orbs that give you powers. You get your orders from me.

Missari
The greatest threat that ever stroke humanity. Not only these humanoids are specialized in forming weapons from flesh and bone, but are also extremely vicious in close combat. While not being agile as the first invaders, the above mentioned attributes give them a big advantage. You will get orders from the first player who signs up as a Missari leader.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Locations

Fort Ziman
Human starting position. Basically, a set of army barracks in a big, round fortress.

X-Zone
HumBot starting position. A large training ground, protected by Jax's force field, unreachable to humans. Destroying Jax means destroying the force field.

Mothership
Missari starting position. A giant organic spaceship, high above Terraneos. Attacking it is a suicide mission.
RULES
1. NO overpowering. Which would mean no "teh alein turned into a uberzomgroflpwn roxorz uberlisk". Yes, I'm pointing at you, dead-man-walking.
2. NO immature stuff. This is not an anime. Which would mean NO "zomg he jumpd into air n plazmaed teh aleinz".
3. If you plan on doing something huge, ask me first. I'm the God her- I mean, I am the GM here. Which would mean NO "n thn teh alein went to the spaceship clld reinforcmentz n pwned teh humanz"
--------------------------------------------------------------

BEGIN!
All other secrets and info about the world and happenings is revealed by adventuring.

Last edited:
Level 4
Name: Jax
Race: HumBot
Motto: "I will find her. No matter what is the cost."
Info: First human turned into a HumBot. He was the man who approached the alien, and got massacred. His life was saved by turning him into an android. During his adventures and missions, with his Triple Laser and trusty Shotgun, he found a red orb that gave him brutal powers and increased his strength, speed, and AI. Sarcastic, but doesn't like company. By being the far best and advanced HumBot, he became their general. Upon Ayumi's kidnap, his personality completely focused on finding her.

Level 19
Interesting.

Name: Anatan.
Race: Human
Motto: ''Let's get to work.''
Info: He has served quite some time and didn't became marine due to the massive mobilization. Later on, he was promoted to Staff Sergeant and was assigned with some marines who had yet to come. He doesn't like to talk about his past much, but is quite a marine. Futhermore he has had the medal of Armed Commodations.

Last edited:
Level 16
Missari looked as ugly as fuck. I'm playing a good guy now.

Name: Hean
Motto: "I hope this all ends soon"
Info: Still very young when he the first invasion happened, Hean lost his father to the aliens when he was ten. He has ever since learned about explosives and at age seventeen, he joined the marines. First shunned for his absurdly high knowledge of pyrotechnics, Hean quickly became respected for the very same thing he was shunned for. He lost his mother, again to the aliens at age twenty-two, and has hated them ever since.

Now, with the next invasion, he hoped that all the things about pyrotechnics that he has mastered would come in handy.

Level 9
RULES
1. NO overpowering. Which would mean no "teh alein turned into a uberzomgroflpwn roxorz uberlisk". Yes, I'm pointing at you, dead-man-walking.
2. NO immature stuff. This is not an anime. Which would mean NO "zomg he jumpd into air n plazmaed teh aleinz".
3. If you plan on doing something huge, ask me first. I'm the God her- I mean, I am the GM here. Which would mean NO "n thn teh alein went to the spaceship clld reinforcmentz n pwned teh humanz"
--------------------------------------------------------------
God RP-rule Narrator. That rule makes the RPG into a "real-RP" thread game.

As like a NPC saying:
"Zomg a Bot! Imma kill you" ... ehhh??? ... That's wrong! These which say like that sould get serve on jail for rest of whole of the live.

You sould make a list of approved abilities to choose. So there come no any OP-skills. =P

Level 7
Wow. Cool idea.

Name: Hum
Motto: "May the ones who die first be the ones who live as legends the longest"
Info: Hum never really wanted to talk about his childhood. He lost both parents at the age of 13 to the Missari. Because of that, He longs for knowledge about how to defeat the aliens and bring back peace once again to the threatened kind of humanity. He studied all kinds of explosives, just so he could know what's the best for beating The Missari. Strategists and Military sergeants praise this boy for his high level of intelligence. His idol on the battlefield is Anatan, a Staff Sergeant. His best friend is Hean, a very talented comrade in the fields of pyrotechnics. That is mostly because they share a similar past.

Last edited:
Level 6
Name: Darren
Motto: "Let's get this over with."
Info: His family was lost to the Missari at the age of 14, while at school (unfortunately they still exist). Ever since, he planned to get revenge on them. A year later, they were recruiting new recruits that will be trained quickly, then sent to battle rather inexperienced. Fortunately, he had studied about the marines before, and know quite a decent amount of information to survive.

Level 4
Wow. Cool idea.

Name: Hum
Motto: "May the ones who die first be the ones who live the longest"
Info: Hum never really wanted to talk about his childhood. He lost both parents at the age of 13 to the Missari and Humbots. Because of that, He longs for knowledge about how to defeat the aliens and bring back peace once again to the threatened kind of humanity. He studied all kinds of explosives, just so he could know what's the best for beating the Humbots and The Missari. Strategists and Military sergeants praise this boy for his high level of intelligence. His idol on the battlefield is Anatan, a Staff Sergeant. His best friend is Hean, a very talented comrade in the fields of pyrotechnics. That is mostly because they share a similar past.

OBJECTION!
HumBots are with humans, they just don't like them very much.

OK... now we need something except humans... -_-

Level 4
Now, one player controlling that many NPC's is wierd. Stick to yourself.
And about the orb... I don't know, the red one was supposed to be the supreme form of power, I thought of another orb to have duplication or invisibility powers. Or both.

Level 5
hey i edited/changed it

Name:Drake
Race:Hum-bot
Motto:"Try and Try Until You Succeed"
Info:Leader of the Dragon Squad,got separated from all his members at a mission wherein he was about to get an orb but it was a trap that separated them,he was a great leader and almost unbeatable at close combat, no one knows about his family and relatives, favorite weapon was a sword&shield and a shotgun, he was revived by a human scientist because of his inhuman speed and agility,it took them 2 years to resurrect him, And now he seek revenge on those whom did all those things, Owner of the Interstellar Vehicle Spaceship Known as The Fire Breather. The Fire Breather was known for its speed and ability to travel at light speed faster than any IVS(Interstellar Vehicle Spaceship).He started to work for Jax because he was the first hum-bot and have always thought of him as a great leader.
needs:2 more crew members so that The Fire Breather will start operating again

Last edited:
Level 4
Name: Bloer
Race: Missari
Motto: "Wait for them to come ..."
Info: Old sage of the missari. He is leading the army to victory. He was the first to come out of the ship 20 years ago. He is now planning strategies.
He lives in the Mother Ship near the "New earth".

Level 7
Hum goes up to Anatan, and asks for first duties/orders. Still waiting for the response.
Meanwhile, He sees Jax. Hum greets him. Hum asks him for permission of joining his party. He'll do anything to keep the humans from another loss of someone of their kind (Mainly talking about Ayumi).

Level 7
OOC: Jaret, this is a realistic roleplay, not a MMORPG. Talk, dude.

Alright. What's up, my cybernetic friend of steel? :p
[speech]I know it was a hard time for you since you lost Ayumi, and i know no words can cure your pain. Because of that, and of many other things, I suggest we two join forces. I don't want to see more people suffer. What do you think. I know you don't like company, but our traits should not be the reason why we fail. So, what do you say?[/speech]

Level 19
Anatan sighed and walked to the walls of the fort, made of a mix of wood and steel, very strong, he had no idea how they made it though. Did they mix it? Genetic manipulation? Blegh. He patrolled around, bored, doing his duties, simply because of habit... and habit had saved him a couple of times earlier against the enemy. The aliens. He suddenly noticed a marine staring across the wastes before him, on guard duty apppearantly.
''Launch a flare.'' he said to him. The marine looked up and nodded, tired, and launched one. The whole wastes before them illuminated by the great light that was created by him. Shadows were gone for a second and animals went hiding for it. After ten seconds it disappeared again, and it was pretty damn dark again for his taste. He had seen no hostiles. He had seen no enemies.
''Good.''
He nodded to the marine and went on with his patrol, encountering nothing in special.

Leaving the walls, he went to his bed.

He was pretty tired.

OOC: No starting position for the humans was made, so I made it at a fort, okay?

Level 7
Intrigued by the interesting mines outside the city of Terraneos (? I think there should be more cities, and this one should get it's own name), Hum decides he should check them out. He finds there absolutely nothing.
But as it turns out, he eventually hears the strange winds and feels the cold breezes blowing through the mines. He continues his path to the core of the blowing wind, and finds there some valuable minerals. He later on tries experimenting with them, and finds out that those minerals can be fused into the basic laser-rifles men use. He powers up his laser-rifle. He goes to sleep in the mine, hoping in seeing more people around the town.

OOC: @ fussiler1: I think it's okay. It would be nice if we had some kind of map for this roleplay ^^. Well, right now, we could be like just searching through the world of Terraneos, and well, get the map part-by-part ^^ Like in 5 or 6 pages, we would have some names for the cities, mountains and forests.

Level 6
Darren is laying in his bed, unable to fall asleep, and thus gets up and explores the little fort. In the outskirts of fort, he sees the mine ahead, expecting to find more people in the fort. He enters it, and finds Hum asleep in the darkness. He slowly approaches, eyes darting around, alert. He then spotted something glistering in the far corner. Upon closer inspection, he sees a small Missari, gazing at him with its bright yellow pupils. And right at that moment, it leaps at him.

OOC: A map would definately be great.

Level 4
OOC: Added locations to the main post.
IC: /first talk to Hum: "You don't understand. I didn't have any feelings as a HumBot until I remembered her. And joining in a team with a human so suddenly is out of my... wants.
/later: Jax is in the X-Zone. "Bastards have not attacked for a while now. I wonder what's keeping them for so long..."

Level 19
Sigh.
Unable to sleep, wasn't very unusual though, besides, it was almost 4:30.. He threw away his sheets and washed his face with water, standing up. He stretched his arms to let his blood run freely once more, and he regained his strength again. He grabbed his armour and put it on before he entered the outside world again. The fort was silent except for a few marines standing in the middle of the fort, next to a jeep. They, too, were tired, but simply tried to hide it while waiting for him.
''All right..'' he mumbled, grabbing his gun.
''Patrol across the mines and don't ride into the wasteland, okay? I don't want any damn casualties.. try to avoid a fight.''
The marines nodded and climbed up into their jeep, and the gate of the fort slowly opened by the man controlling it.
The jeep disappeared as the gates were shut.

Level 7
Hum suddenly wakes up, as he didn't spot the little Missari. He thanks the kid Darren, and wondered how he got in: "He maybe sneaked in the mine while i was asleep. As a reward for saving me (somehow), I'll give u a couple of the crystals / minerals. Use them well." Hum gives unknown crystals to Darren. Hum gives a name to the unknown crystals. He calls them "red colored laser crystals"

OOC: Um, come on... More activity plz :)

Last edited:
Level 6
Darren KILLS Hum! Just kidding. He thanks Hum in return for the crystals. Looking around, he notices MORE bright lights. "Get ready, I think there's more of them!" He powers up his laser rifle, and prepares to engage.

Level 16
Hean sat on top the fort's wall as he watches the jeep disappearing to the wasteland. He let out a weak sigh and scale down the wall to inside. It was very boring without anyone inside. He sat down and lean against the wall, sighing again.

Last edited:
Level 7
Bloer spy came back to the mother ship.
Nothing was happening.Mhh, I had a wrong vision. This is the first time...
Something or someone is able to give me false information... This could be dangerous

OOC: I don't think that'll advertise it enough. Well, I'ma gonna add in my sig the advertising too :p

edit: well, not in the near future, at least... fucking Photoshop CS2...

edit: I did it! Hope you like it.

Level 19
The truck was riding through the wastelands as it came closer to the mines, finally arriving at the entrance. Four men jumped off the jeep, one of them being a corporal.
''Keep watch..'' he grunted to the remaining soldiers as he and his compagnions entered the dark depths of the mine, and praying they don't get overwhelmed.. however, they stop as they spot the other marines in the mines.
''Who the fuck..?"'

Level 7
Hum shouts to the incoming men: "Don't shoot! We're humans! We found some interesting red colored laser crystals in here. They power up your weapon. We should show them to the Sergeant. But right now, we have bigger problems. We suppose there're more missari in here. We heard sounds and light from this direction."
Hum points the gun at the point from where the lights were seen the first time
"I did some research back in school, and apparently, the body of missari is more complex than we had thought. The only vulnerable parts are the head, torso and the feet. Shooting them in the arms, hands and legs won't do any damage at all."
Hum gives red colored laser crystals to the marines
"Just fuse these crystals with the laser output of your weapons. It'll power them up. Put the laser-rifles to maximum accuracy, that way you'll hit the torso, head and feet a lot easier. Hurry up... I'll go and scout the region a little, You men hold your position."
Hum points at a marine
"You, follow me."
Hum continues to the east of the mine, accompaigned by 1 soldier. They proceed and find some strange liquid. It has a greenish color, and looks a lot like acid.
"Open your eyes wide open, Don't try to touch this liquid until we know what it actually is. Looks like acid, so we shouldn't be touching it."
Hum and the soldier continue the walk...

OOC: Fucking tabs. I wrote this down a couple minutes ago, but closed the damn tab, and it didn't post. :mad:

Level 19
OOC: Could you please not control my men? ._.

''Comeone.. serious? Why do people always get into this kind of shit..'' the Corporal mumbled as his marine had already run off. He fused the crystal with his laser output and took a lucifer to lighten up the case as he grumbled something.

Level 7
OOC: O sorry, Sergeant :p

Hum proceeds with the soldier, and as thought, they spotted a group of Missari. They saw 2 of them. They supposed the rest went to the point where the soldiers stood the ground. Hum and the soldier planned a tactic:
"Ok, now let's think of a tactic. How good are you with that laser-rifle?"
Soldier answers:
"Well, I'm alright. My comrades say all the time I need some practice, but well... I can shoot 3 or 4 dummies in the head in a small period, around 3 or 4 seconds."
Hum, on that, says:
"You're better than me, so I should be the lure here. I'll lure the missari to watch me, you sneak up behind them, and shoot them either in the head, body or foot. The best would be in the head, that'll instantly kill them, but you should think about shooting them in the torso too, that way we could get them to tell us all about these crystals and that liquid, but on the other hand, it could hit them in the organ for talking, so... You could of course also shoot them in the feet, that'll damage their walk capabilities, but doing that would risk not only them surviving, but not being damaged, and they would be able to kill the both of us. The safest would be in the head... What do you think?"
Soldier says:
"I would go with the head, I don't want to risk anything."
Hum agrees with the soldier. They do exactly as they planned. Hum jumped in front of the missari, and shouted:
"look this way, alien scum!"
The missari begin to run towards Hum, not thinking about using the poison gun out of anger. The soldier shoots them in the heads. He hits both missari in the head. The missari fall 50 cm away from Hum.
"That was a close one." says Hum as sweat droplets drop from his forehead. "You saved my ass, dude."
"That was nothing. Let's go back to the team and alert them of the threat." says the soldier.

Last edited:
Level 6
(While Hum passes the crystals to the marines)
Darren dashes out the mine, seeing Hum passing the crystals to the marines.
"Hmm, maybe I could weaken their forces while they're talking." Darren mutters to himself.
He spins round and aims a Missari in the darkness. He fires his laser-rifle, decapitating the Missari along with a few more behind it.
"That should do it. They can take care of the rest, I hope."
Darren rushes past Hum and the marines, retreating towards the fort. (OOC: and this is when Hum and the soldier KILLSHZZ teh Missari) Darren glanced back, and watches Hum and the soldier use a tactic to eliminate the Missari. He learns as he watches.

Level 7
Hum, alongside the soldier, goes back towards the main point in the mine, to the place where the rest of the team is. When they come to the point where the Acid-like liquid is, Hum takes out a bottle, and puts that liquid inside. He picks up more red colored laser crystals. They continue their journey. As they proceed, they spot the young Darren, and call him to join them in the journey back to the main point. When they returned, Hum says:
"Alright, i think that'll do it. We can go back to the base. I have got everything I need."
Pissed off soldier says on that...:
"Wait... what? Weren't we supposed to fight some bad guys? Dude..."
Hum says on that:
"What's the matter?"
Angry soldier:
"Dude, I'm pissed off! You went in there, had all the fun fighting those weird aliens, and We did shit!"
Hum says on that:
"Better pissed off than Pissed on. I can understand why you are angry, but right now, the main priority would be to get these crystals and this liquid analyzed. Let's go back. You're the leader of this troop?
Soldier:
"Yes. We came with a jeep. You say there's no threat anymore? If so, then let's head back to Fort Ziman."
They all get into the jeep and journey back to the fortress...

Level 19
''Besides that.. you guys are really in serious trouble, leaving the base without permission and almost getting killed.'' says the Corporal who is currently driving the vehicle. ''I mean, what the fuck? Why did you just go and leave the fort for no particular reason? That's just insane.'' he grumbled futher on.

Level 7
Hum tries to explain:
"I know, But I went in the mine out of curiosity. Had nothing to do, and it was my free day. Now, for the others, if it wasn't for Darren in the first place, when I fell asleep, I would be dead by now. For the rest, you know the story, The Sergeant told them to come. And If we didn't got to the mine, we wouldn't find these interesting crystals and this greenish liquid. Now we're going to take it back to the main base, and analyze it's effect. I think this greenish liquid could be used as a source of energy, pretty much like oil."
As they return to the main fortress, Hum rushes to the laboratory. He sends the greenish liquid to the scientists in the main city to be compared with acid, to find out the differences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.