• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Apocalyptic Battle 0.2b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
THIS IS A BETA, and as such will most likely be unbalanced and contain some glitches

UPDATE: Added 8 more heros, 4 to each side. There is now a total of 20 playable heros.

This is a pretty generic AoS I'm making in an attempt to become a better mapper. i currently cannot host, and have not had enough people to properly test... almost anything balance related, and as such, it is most likely highly unbalanced. PLEASE LEAVE A POST WITH ANY GLITCHES, IMBALANCES (abilities/heros/units being too weak/strong) OR ANY IDEAS YOU MAY HAVE FOR THE MAP. any help you give WILL BE FULLY CREDITED REGARDLESS OF HOW LITTLE YOU DID. also keep in mind that ultimates are meant to be extremely powerful but have long cooldowns or very high costs.

All information about the map is in the quests, but here are the more important things.

How to play:

Main Objective:
Choose a hero and fight along side NPC units to force your way to the enemies main building and destroy it to win.

Getting Around:
You generally travel between areas in this game by caves, circles of power, and waygates.
The circle of power south from your main structure will lead to the rest area where you can heal, buy items, and buy units.
The cave entrance north of your main structure lead to the Labyrinth where you can kill creeps with little to no worry of being ganked and get stronger items than you can buy in the rest area.
The waygates and cave in the center of the Valley of the End lead to the boss area where you can fight very strong enemies to get the strongest items in the game, be warned though, enemies can come and gank you easily here.

Items:
The rest areas have a goblin merchant which sells the weakest items in the game, however these are by far the easiest to get.
All the creeps in the labyrinth have a 10% chance of dropping an item slightly better than those in the rest area, and there is a hidden merchant in the labyrinth which sells the items.
The boss area has a total of 5 bosses which will drop one of the best items in the game each, be warned however. These bosses are extremely strong.

Heros:
Every hero has 1 base ability which they start with, 3 normal abilities which have 5 levels each and can be trained every other level, and 1 ultimate ability that has 3 levels but is only available every 6 levels.
The maximum level is 18.

Additional Play Modes:

By typing the following commands in before heros are selectable (within 30 seconds of games start) Red may enable alternate play modes. all these commands may be used together, however Red must type them in one at a time.

Death Match
-dm [Number]
Gives each player the specified number of lives. if they run out of lives, they are booted. if no lives are specified, it will be set to 3.

No Grind
-ng
Sets all heros levels to 18 and gives all players infinate gold, but disables the repick command.

No Creeping
-nc
Makes it so no one is able to enter the creeping areas.

Item Drop
-id
Drops a random item from any dying heros inventory.

Random Off
-ro
Disables the random spawning of neutral hostile creeps to attack both sides.

All Pick
-ap
Allows both sides to select any hero in the game from either team.

Type -repick at any time to repick.

Game Lore:

A short time ago, there was an evil sorcerer who tried to take over the world. In one of his many attempts to get an unstoppable army, he opened a portal to the demon world from a valley known as the Valley of the End.

After finding it impossible to control the demons that came through the portal, the sorcerer quickly abandoned the portal leaving it open. A short time later the sorcerer was caught and executed, however, many demons had already come through the portal and have been terrorizing the nearby villages and areas before news got to the human worlds leaders.

The leaders of the human world quickly realized that if they are unable to close the portal, countless more demons would come through and eventually destroy the planet. With this knowledge, they quickly assembled the greatest fighters and holy men across the globe and made a base as close to the portal as they could.

Now the humans fight toward the portal trying to seal it and save the world while the demons fight toward the human base to destroy it and gain free reign over the world once all its greatest fighters are killed in one epic battle to decide the fate of the entire world.

Credits:

CLoUD_EmBLeM for help with the idea of the Blood Shadow, his abilities, the general basis of the aura Priests abilities, the idea for some of the Felhound Masters abilities, and help with testing and balancing the map.
McFlurry17 for the preview image.
obliviron for helping with the idea for some of the Felhound Masters abilities.

Testers:
Aerox, Shoop-Da-Whoop, CLoUD_EmBLeM

Keywords:
Apocalyptic, Battle, AoS, Aeon, Strife, Beta, Test
Contents

Apocalyptic Battle 0.2b (Map)

Reviews
21:30, 8th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: The map is quite unplayable due to the high amounts of lags caused by zounds of weather effects, and perhaps leaks? The terrain is pretty much bad. Rejected.

M

21:30, 8th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
The map is quite unplayable due to the high amounts of lags caused by zounds of weather effects, and perhaps leaks? The terrain is pretty much bad. Rejected.

Level 8
COOOOOOL! Great that someone at last made it! (Well it has been made sometimes before but at last withing a new map, WOOHOO!) I've waited this repick-anytime-system!!!!!!! Great job!

Level 2
this would raise the filesize, and I love models that weigh less than 5kb with ingame textures, they are so practical and of good-use.
But I'll consider it if I do an update!
Thank you for commenting, +rep (eventhough my rep is worthless)

? umm... i think you may have posted this in the wrong area, my map has no custom models or anything of the like.