• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie House V0.6A

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
By FaIIen AngeI and Fallen One and DarkFangBlade

Story:
The game takes place during in Lordaeron set during Warcraft lore. Survivors of the undead attack are moving from place to place, but recently in an abandoned house, they had found a magical scroll that allowed one person through. One person was sent through to a friendly army of survivors to rescue them. Meanwhile a large horde combined of both undead and demonic forces have detected them. Can the survivors hold out long enough until the armies of Lordaeron have arrived to rescue them?

Gameplay
Two teams. One is the group of survivors, and the other group is the Undead/Demon Forces. The survivors can choose from several classes. The Footman, Rifleman, Priest, Shaman, Troll Axethrower, Shadow Mage, Ogre Warrior, Goblin Big Boss, Sasquatch Elder, and Gnoll Bombardier. They remain inside the house and await friendly reinforcements while the undead team attempts to annilate them. The undead team starts with a small assortment of units (zombies, crypt fiends, ghouls, and abominations), but as the game progresses they receive more powerful units like the Mutated Zombie, the Doom Guard, the Infernal, and the Fel Beast. The undead team also gets powerful boss units, though these units are best accompanied with support.

This game is possible both ways and is not rigged. I have personally seen to this as I have tested it on both sides in Public and won (and lost) on both survivor and undead teams.

Each side receives gold income every 30 seconds, and this gold income is dictated by the difficulty mode. Survivors use gold to purchase items, barricades, and tomes. Undead use it to upgrade their units to become vastly more deadly.

Difficulty Modes:
Normal mode : 3 Gold Survivors, 1 gold Undead
Insane Mode : 4 Gold Survivors, 2 gold undead
Nightmare mode : 5 Gold Survivors, 3 gold undead

The difficulty modes are meant for it to be harder for the survivors. The additional income the survivors receive are meant to balance it a little bit more because the undead team's increased income means the Undead's units will become way more powerful much faster, and they will become much stronger by endgame. Currently the closest anyone has been to beating Nightmare mode is with 4 minutes left on the clock (out of 10 minutes).

Map by FaIIen_AngeI (all L's in my name are actually capital letter i's, so no I'm not a spoofer stop asking) and Fallen One. Map currently updated by DarkFangBlade (same person as Faiien_Angei, just new account).

Updates
V 0.3A FIX
- Fixed Barricade glitch
- Fixed Hotkeys
- Increased Decorations
- New hero... the Goblin Big Boss
- New hero... the Ogre Warrior
- Added reminders for undead upgrade and don't venture outside survivors
- Loads of new items, being sold at the new Gob-Mart on the 3rd floor.
- The New Easy Zombie Send Control skill is now usable by the shade.

V 0.35A
- Added 3 new units
- Fixed and Improved Easy Send Zombie Control Skill
- Balance issues fixed
- Glitch Issues fixed
- Goblin Big Boss glitches fixed
- Hotkeys fixed (tell me if I missed any)

V 0.37A
- Fixed Gargoyles
- Balanced Goblin Towers a bit
- Added trigger which prevents survivors from building on top of teleport zones

See Quest Log for others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A huge amount of changes have been made to this game since 3.7A...

THE UNDEAD HEROES HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED!

For all the changes, see the Change Log in the quest.

NEW GAME MODE: Lightning Gold
This game mode increases the gold income of both undead and survivors by 5 times. Survivors now receive a gold income of 15 and the undead have a gold income of 5.

This game won't be a beta for long, so please point out anything else that I may have missed please like glitches, typos, game inbalances, etc.

Have fun!!

:infl_thumbs_up:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is, Zombie House V0.58A, long overdue. Sorry about the time between updates.

Changes :
V 0.58:
- Undead Heroes Rebalanced
- Infernal Balanced
- Redone Leaderboard
- Goblin Big Boss Balanced

V 0.6:
- All (at least most) of the leaks have been fixed.
- Improved Terrain
- 2 New Heroes... Gnoll Bombardier and Sasquatch Elder

Tell me if there is anything else I should fix and probably forgot.

Keywords:
Undead, Warcraft 3, Survival, Zombie, Zombie House
Contents

Zombie House V0.6A (Map)

Reviews
00:32, 19th Jul 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected Very low quality: the terrain is unacceptable, the heroes, spells and items were all standard (changing models, name and gold-cost isn't counted as "customization" for me). The map isn't balanced, as...

M

00:32, 19th Jul 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

Very low quality: the terrain is unacceptable, the heroes, spells and items were all standard (changing models, name and gold-cost isn't counted as "customization" for me).

The map isn't balanced, as the shaman is far more powerful than the other heroes and the humans cannot win if there are 1-2 noobs (while it isn't hard for the undead: upgrade, create units and attack).

For the full review, check post #23.

Oct 26 - Ralle
Set back to rejected until updated on promise of much better quality.
I hope I waste nobody's time.

Level 7
Not so long ago I wanted to create something like this, with different survivor classes and some awesome triggered skills.

But for the undead team, I wanted them to be AI controled masses of Zombies, and the zombie players would have a hero too.

And WOOT! 56 kb! Finaly someone understands me. Going to try this now and tell you how it sux (or not :p).

Level 7
Ummm... Actualy this map doesn't own. But also, it doesn't SUCK. That's a good thing.

The first thing I didn't like is how the zombies are made. Spawning so many units is a really bad idea, because zombies aren't controlled by the computer AI, but by players. And newbie or even moderate players don't know how to select more than 12 units. I would suggest making zombies tougher, but reducing their count. The idea of players controlling all those zombies is a bit bad.

Right now the zombie gameplay is very strange. More bad than good. Organising all those units is really hard.

Speaking of AI, there is no AI support, which is really bad since the gameplay is pretty basic and an AI should be easy to implement. Imagine if zombie players leave. What then? If the map had AI support zombie leavers could be replaced by AI's.

Some more points about the map:
-Ghouls are air units, they can fly through walls. Why the fuck?
-The number of items is WAY too low.
-The game doesn't have any frikin hot keys, please fix that.
-My fps became pretty low by mid game. Judging by the level of quality in this map I guess it's safe to assume that point leaks aren't removed in this map. And with a giant ammount of units spawned like that, it's just terrible.

Please try your best to fix everything I have mentioned. Considering this is still an alpha (or beta) it's not THAT bad, but nowhere near "owning".

Level 4
New things I have decided to add :D

Instead of lowering zombie unit count, I have decided to add in a multicontrol commander unit. Basically completely invisible to Survivors, this unit has the ability "Send Units to this Location". Using this skill, you can target it wherever you want and all the zombies under your control will be ordered to attack-move to that location.

Zombie Heroes that are going to be added:
- Overlord (A Wc3 Felguard captain if you remember).
- Elite Doom Guard (A captain that leads the Doom Guards)
- Crypt Lord (I hope you remember this -.-)

New Items:
- Super Health Potion (Heals 300 hp, 4 gold)
- Searing Blade (Gives chance to critical, 5 gold)
- Orb of Flame (Adds AOE dmg to heroes, 3 gold)
- The Orb of the Fallen Angel (Adds 40% lifesteal, 40 gold (wowzors))
- Fangblade (Adds +50 damage, 20 gold (Dang))
- Armor of the Leader of Destiny (Adds +15 armor, 20 gold(Dang again))

Hotkeys, more doodads, and AI will be added (AI for zombies only though...)

Also if anyone actually wants it, I'll add a "Wuss" difficult mode where survivors get 5 gold income and undead get 1.

Version 3.0A Fix will released soon with some of the new units and items I promised along with glitch changes (Thanks to Somaz for the heads up about the barricades, that problem has been fixed). Everything else that had not be included in 3.0A Fix will be added in 4.0A.

The Knight hero has been cancelled.

V 0.31A FIX will be released rather quickly to fix a couple of glitches I missed in 0.3A FIX.

Have fun!

I Love Infernals!!!!

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR SOMEONE TO REVIEW SOMETHING????

Last edited:
Level 7
If you make everything you have mentioned, it'll be awesome. Yeah, the survivors don't need an AI. As for the hotkeys I remember that Bloodlust had a hotkey "B", and when I pressed B it turned out that B is the hotkey for Teleport Stone.

Don't forget to remove point leaks.

Also a thing I found troublesome, is that you can build barricades on cliffs. That allows you to reveal some higher places on the map and so that you can teleport there. If not for flying ghouls, survivors would have been invincible up there. A good thing is that most of the upper places are bordered ^^

Fixe the pathing :p
Good luck.

Edit: I don't know about Wuss (I believe it would be WAY too easy), but what about adding a Random difficulty :p ??

Level 6
Great mini-game/survival map

All in all great map
Maybe you can add custom models f.ex. for the shop-> and maybe a warning that the towers outside kill the survivors very fast
And I see that you have some good ideas for updates

Keep up the good work!

Level 7
1. Make a message for the zombies with a ping that they have to upgrade their units OR make upgrades automatic. Because now most games are pretty easy because enemies don't upgrade units, and when they start noticing, they get a huge lot stronger in a short time.
2. Fix the hotkey bug blink/bloodlust.
3. Don't add wuss, unless you make sth that picks the host and make him pick difficulty instead of red.
4. Don't make ghouls fly, I think the pathing that it flies is very nice, but it shouldn't be in the air. Just make him walk through barricades then.
5. This game needs undead HEROES, that gain xp over time (like 250 xp per min). I do think you should keep the bosses though, but heroes for the undead would make the game more fun to play as undead.
6. Me wants banshees.

Level 7
Why call a version FIX :D ?

Ok tested it and it still has many problems.
First that comes to mind is that the Send Units ability has hotkey "S". Man do you test your map before you upload it :D ? S is the hotkey for Stop. Also add a hotkey for Summon Zombies.

Aside from send units I suggest you add an ability "attack target" where all your units are ordered to attack something.

A thing that I noticed is that both siering blade and orb of fire deal splash damage.

Also maybe add an ability "Send Closest" that sends all unit within say, 1000-2000 range at the target location. Also why make Send Units an AoE ability :D? Make it targeted and DON'T order the ghost itself to move :p

If you want I could help you with your map, remove some leaks and stuff. I don't want any credits for that ^^

Level 4
AH ****ing computer linksys

Recently my internet is not working, and my computer is also crashing. The crashing (the blue screen of death) has prevented me to work on my map. The problem is my wireless internet router that came from linksys. I have experienced this problem before because the linksys program altered some windows files preventing my computer to start, but I could fix it with a quick Microsoft update. Problem is my internet won't work cause linksys supplies it and linksys doesnt work. CRAP. Sorry people, you might have to wait a bit before I update the map.:sad::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Stupid Linksys...

No internet = no microsoft update = no fixing computer -.-:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I did this post from a public computer in a library -.-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screw every thing I just said in this post. Problem has been fixed. :D

Last edited:
Level 4
V 0.4a

Version 0.4A will arrive probably around Thursday (Mar 19) or Friday (Mar 20).

This version will finally herald the arrival of the undead heroes!!!

*See previous tab for heroes.

Due to scheduling issues, I will release the new undead units and survivor heroes at a later time.

The Ogre Warrior will also be changed since he kind of sucks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V 0.4A will be pushed back due to ummm scheduling problems. Some gamebalances will be issued for reduce lag ingame. This will be done by doubling the spawn time for all undead units, but making them twice as strong.

Last edited:
Level 7
Yaay! UNDEAD HEROES! :D Oh, and you should give small passive bonusses to undead units, like evolved zombie evasion, crypt fiend critical strike, etc. Ofcourse you shouldn't give them much power, like evasion is 2.5% and critical strike is 5% for 1.5x dmg, etc. Oh, and in last version the goblin boss ultimate was bugged, you couldn't make it because it wasn't a building. (you couldn't continue building it)

Level 4
Goblin Big Boss BUILD

OOOHHHHH

Where you talking about when the Goblin Big boss tried to build a Goblin Missle Turret? If so, then I already fixed it. The problem persists in V3.5A, but due to the gargoyles targeted as air and the problem you mentioned, I quickly released 3.7A to fix the problems.

But you can forget that problem now since the game is up to V5.2A!!

Level 4
a Really great map
Nice terraining, nice hero ability...

it's a short and intense map.

5/5 ! plz do a better terrain !

Level 4
I have some people telling me that the undead heroes are unbalanced. Do you agree? Also if anyone notices there is some lag when an undead player uses all units move command, I'll fix that. I wasn't sure if I included a fix in that trigger in 5.2A. I'm working on the next version, and also a new zombie and mutant related map.

Level 4
i agree, undead heros aren't balanced

they aren't really funny, and they are easy to kill alone but with support they are a nightmare.

Noob attackers never use their gold... find a solution ! (maybe an auto-upgrade when their gold reach 10 ?)
I think Infernal isn't balanced. he may have an highter cooldown.
New undead player usually don't see and don't use their ghost, may you do something for that ?

Why do you use this cliff model for a house ? it's strange .

After playing this map 10 times i see the third floor. Ping him on the minimap !

Goblin turret have a low wood cost. increase it plz, it's not funny to play when defender are massing turret.

Ps: sorry for my english, i'm not very good. if you don't understand one(or more)of my questions i will edit them :p
:infl_thumbs_up: !!

Last edited:
Level 28
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR SOMEONE TO REVIEW SOMETHING????
Knowing how many maps still need to be reviewed? A very long time, don't complain about it.

Review:

General

General: (Rating: 3/5)
  • This is a very simply-made game.
  • I don't like protected maps of this kind: when your map isn't really good, try not to protect it (optimizing is allowed, of course).
  • The file size is very good.
  • The description is good, but can be more appealing (use BB-codes on the hive, use more structure in-game).

Gameplay: (Rating: 2/10)
  • There was no originality here whatsoever: you are a human trying to survive waves of undead, until you are saved by reinforcements.
  • You can teleport between different 'floors' with the spell.
  • The shade's abilities don't always work, or sometimes don't pick all your units.
Terrain/Objects

Terrain: (Rating: 1/10)
  • Lack of proper doodads.
  • Lack of terrain variation.
  • Blizzard cliffs for walls, which creates an ugly atmoshpere.
  • The terrain didn't fit te map style (in my opinion).
  • no terrain height variation.

Objects: (Rating: 1/10)
  • Standard spells
  • Standard items
  • Standard hero proper names (footman = paladin for example).
  • The shaman's spells are imba. (me vs 2 comps: about 4200 points... without cheats).
  • The vampiric-orb tooltip says "When wearing this mask ...".
  • There are only a few items.
Overall

The overall quality of this map is low.
The terrain is unacceptable and there is no originality in the gameplay.
The objects are standard, but with some changed models/names (though the hero proper names haven't been changed).
The adv. interface/gameplay constants haven't been changed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the triggers leak and are inefficient (actually: you've said yourself that the triggers leak, with this sentece: "this can cause lag lategame").

Rating: 1/5
Rejected

If anyone has any comments about my review, point them out and I'll discuss them.
If you feel offended by this review, try to look at it as constructive critiscism (which it is).

Level 4
lol?
Note the earlier thing about how long it takes to review a map. I was joking by the way, I understand how many maps, models, skins, packs, tools, etc. you guys have to review on a constant basis. Don't take it seriously.

Also I didn't intend for this map to be a super hit. The main reason I made this map is because usually when I have a 40 minute lunch break, I don't have time for most Warcraft 3 games (and I got tired of Ladder way back). This map plays for 10 minutes, perfect for my schedule.

I didn't intend for this map to be awesome beyond belief or for it to be incredibly original. I just wanted this map to be fun. Many people do find this map fun and they ignore the problems.

Note it's not actually rigged, it's just the problem of playing singleplayer and facing a computer that hasn't been programmed to gather troops and atttack you and upgrade their units and properly use their heroes (or get one for that matter).

I originally planned to use doodad walls models from hive, but i couldn't find any that would fit perfectly as a wall and be a good size to show that you are in a really big house with zombies pouring through all the doors and holes in the walls. That's why I used cliffs (trust me I hated using cliffs too).

The main reason I protected the map is because during my earlier beta tests public, I found that a couple days after someone was hosting my map, where the host had a hero with 500 str, 500 agi, and 500 int. He completely removed the anti-camping Spirit towers outside the house, and proceeded to teamkill his teammates (including me) and the undead.

Main point is the sole point of my map is for quick fun, not for mindblowing awesomeness or orginality. People had fun with my map, and so did I (also fitting within my time schedule). Don't knock something so hard which is meant to be a small project (it specifically says this is a minigame in the loading screen).

I usually work on this map whenever I have the time (took me a month and a half to go from one version to the next). Also note I just realized my map was rejected couple of days ago when you reviewed it a few months ago.

Level 28
Yeah, but I look at the map's quality: the hive is for maps of an avarage quality.
The terrain and objects (spells, heroes, units) just aren't good enough for it to be approved, even if a lot of people like the map :/

It seems like you don't have much time, but you can at least try to modify the objects and improve the terrain.

I review every map the same way, whether it's a small project, made by a newb or a professional map, a judgement shouldn't be based on loose facts.
I didn't try to knock down your map, I (as a critic) tried to tell you what's wrong with it.
Minigames are accepted, as long as their quality is decent.

Anyway, have fun updating/playing the map.

Level 4
Not true actually for game balancing :/. my entire team was composed of noobs and the undead players were people who played the game alot. I led the team to victory o_O

Also strangely, I thought the troll was the most powerful o_O (if used right)...