• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any Game of Thrones fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Yes, Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) portrays so much power in the roles he plays. It's a shame his character
was killed off, even if he was killed by another of my favorite characters. It's that damn trend in GoT where characters you love to watch die shortly after you realize how much you'd miss them if they left the show

The episode where Daenerys "bought" the unsullied gave me some massive chills down my spine and is the most memorable moment in the show for me so far. But I've been a little unhappy with her recent decisions and actions. I hope something good happens for her again soon. I haven't read the books all the way through, so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Obvious favorite characters aside, Olenna Tyrell is pretty awesome. I love to see her battles of wits with other intellectual characters. But I get the feeling that she's on a dangerous slope and doesn't have a strong grip on surviving what's to come.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I feel like the Lannisters are almost done. With Tyrion and Tywin gone, only Jaime and Cercei are left. They stand no chance against their enemies. Perhaps Kevan (Tywin's brother) can set a few things right - since he's back in Season 5 and doesn't seem to be incompetent - but I doubt that he'll be able to replace his brother.

The episode where Daenerys "bought" the unsullied gave me some massive chills down my spine and is the most memorable moment in the show for me so far. But I've been a little unhappy with her recent decisions and actions. I hope something good happens for her again soon. I haven't read the books all the way through, so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I agree. I don't know about the books either, but I've always felt like that she'd lack the qualities a true leader needs. I don't see her as a real candidate for the throne, to be honest.
Also, forcing her most trusted advisor to leave, was just wrong - even under these circumstances. I'm pretty sure that she'll pay for that. I can see her empire fall apart already.

I have to say, I didn't really like Sansa for a long time. Her whiny attitude and that she blamed her father for what happened to her damn wolf - while it was all HER fault - made me wish that she'd die already.
However, I'm getting the feeling that she turned into a much more twisted character. Looks pretty promising.

Just remembered my favorite scene - and I dare say that most will agree on that one:
Goffrey's death. Seriously, that bastard deserved to die a horrible death. He should've died a more cruel way, for all he did.Just a shame that the good ol' Tyrion had to suffer for it.

Last edited:
Level 21
Tyrion Lanister is most interesting character for me in both books and series.I definitely respect the actor that plays Tywin Lanister and I prefer his portrayal over the book version. I am disappointed anyway only by Stanis as I imagined him quite different.

Also I have read the books and... I forgot was years ago before tv series started. Sorry guys no spoilers for you. Besides at this point books and series are separate really.

Level 14
My favorite is Arya for sure.
I am sad that her and the hound parted ways (due to his supposed death which is still unconfirmed) I think he is gone though. I also like to think she didn't kill him while he was sitting there dying because she decided to take him off her "list" after all.

Level 39
One of my favorite characters is probably Ser Davos, aka the Onion Knight. Him and Ser Jorah Friendzone.
Jon is too goody-two-shoes, Daenerys is getting super annoying with her entitled attitude, Aryas storyline seems to be getting nowhere (same goes for Bran, ugh) and don't even get me started on the Lannisters. Only one worth a damn is Tyrion.

I just have one other thing to say:
R + L = J

Level 9
one of my favourite moments was when
dumbeldore died

offtopic: what? no way!

anyway, tyrion lannister and petyr baelish ftw. i like witty, cunning and intelligent characters
(despite the fact that baelish pretty much fucked up the starks good)

one of my favorite scenes is
when tyrion killed tywin (even if i did like tywin a bit)
and of course,
when joffrey died ^^

Level 25
Thanks for putting up spoiler tags, guys. Really helps those of us that aren't that up to date on the show. I'm half way through season 1, and I haven't read any of the books. My favourite character is definitely Ned Stark - I can't believe no one else has mentioned him yet. He is super awesome, and I definitely see him going places!
Other than him I really like Robert Baratheon, Khal Drogo, Robb Stark, Joffrey Baratheon (I could really see him getting a redemption story), and Jaime's right hand.

Level 3
tyrion lannister=funny and smart
--------------------
Seriously!ther is no a best scene,i love all scenes becasue they are awesome,the serie is for me more important than a movie,the serie is just the best what i have ever in my hole life watch!
-----------------------

Last edited:
Level 21
Just remembered my favorite scene - and I dare say that most will agree on that one:
Goffrey's death.
That would have probably been my favorite scene if I hadn't been on the phone with my dad about an hour before I watched it. HE RUINED IT FOR ME. He stole most of the enjoyment I could get out of watching the little plum tighten up and wither into a prune.
and petyr baelish ftw.
Blah! Baelish seems like too much of a weasel to me. His only two cares in life are himself and his undying obsession with Catelyn. I'm all for cunning and intelligent, but his style just leaves a bitter taste in my eye sockets.
My favourite character is definitely Ned Stark - I can't believe no one else has mentioned him yet. He is super awesome, and I definitely see him going places!
Yeah, Ned is a character that everyone can relate to and cheer for when things go his way. But the reason he isn't mentioned too often as peoples' favorite character is because he's eventually outshined by many other characters. I suggest finishing up season 1 as soon as possible.

Level 9
Season 5 has been pretty disappointing so far

some of the spoilers are probably not in the show yet (but may never be), you have been warned

some cool stuff happens in the end parts of book 4 and 5 (or season 5 for those who watch the show) like
cersei's walk of shame
and
tyrion's capture by jorah and the following events
jon snow's apparent death
and ofc,
aegon the 6th's return
varys was pretty badass when he killed kevan though.

can't wait for season/book 6 'cause that's where the shit happens.
btw, what do you guys think of S5E6?

Level 21
I cannot for the life of me conprehend how tickles took chr2 seriously
Me either now that I reread it :prazz:

So are the show's big events still enjoyable and somewhat surprising to the people that are caught up in the books? I've been thinking about going back to the books since the show's story has been drawn out, but I still want those chills down my spine when something amazing happens.

Level 39
some of the spoilers are probably not in the show yet (but may never be), you have been warned

some cool stuff happens in the end parts of book 4 and 5 (or season 5 for those who watch the show) like
cersei's walk of shame
and
tyrion's capture by jorah and the following events
jon snow's apparent death
and ofc,
aegon the 6th's return
varys was pretty badass when he killed kevan though.

can't wait for season/book 6 'cause that's where the shit happens.
btw, what do you guys think of S5E6?

I really doubt that
they'll introduce Aegon. We're too far into the story to introduce a major player like him now. It seems like they changed it so Varys is supporting Daenarys instead of him, so she kinda replaced him I think. I like this idea. I can't for the life of me understand why G.R.R. Martin thought it was a good idea to introduce Aegon that late. It just seems to make Daenarys' story a complete waste of time.

Thanks for putting up spoiler tags, guys. Really helps those of us that aren't that up to date on the show. I'm half way through season 1, and I haven't read any of the books. My favourite character is definitely Ned Stark - I can't believe no one else has mentioned him yet. He is super awesome, and I definitely see him going places!
Other than him I really like Robert Baratheon, Khal Drogo, Robb Stark, Joffrey Baratheon (I could really see him getting a redemption story), and Jaime's right hand.
Haha, that is actually a funny read after seeing the first 4 seasons completely.

You'll know why when you catch up. :D

When posting, please mention book-related spoilers in a different fashion than the TV series spoilers. Obviously, because you book-reading guys are ahead of those watching the TV series.

Level 39
every scene in dorne was poorly done (acting, cinematography, fight choreography, set design, script... you name it), characters are just being stupid or illogical, and sansa's arc has taken 10 steps backwards

Totally agree.

The last scene was so stupid.
It has nothing to do with the rape. They've showed much worse things in the show. It has to do with messing up all the progress Sansa has had just to be "dark" and "edgy". We get it, it's a realistic show, bad guys win some times. But they don't have to win ALL THE DAMN TIME. Some times good guys win damn it! Sansa has already had her story about being terrorized by a psychopath. Victimizing her again is a waste of time and an insult to the viewers who has invested so much time in her story.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I'm at episode 4 of season 5, btw, so I appreciate it that you guys use the spoiler tags.

I still believe that Daenerys will fall, sooner or later. She might have her heart at the right place at times, but she lacks the qualifications, a true leader needs.
She said "I'm no politician, I'm a queen." at one point. She is extremely naive if she actually believes that she could run an empire without any political abilities. She has made too many wrong decisions. Her little realm of the "free people" will fall, it's inevitable. There's absolutely no way a person like her could rule Westeros for a longer time. She has even lost control over her dragons. Everything she has fought for, everything she has built will collapse because of her being unable to rule, in my opinion.

Level 21
Well that's what happens when you kill off or torture too many characters (good or bad) and then separate everyone in to their own plots and thus have a lack of unified story. Now there are several loosely related plot lines and people focus on few they like while they stop caring for others and then eventually plot lines they like get boring because they are being dragged in to a far away direction. At least that is my current feeling regarding Game of Thrones. Also spoiler tag is fun.

Level 14
@rulerofiron99
Bran and Hodor are not going to be in this season at all. Their story has progressed so far that the rest have to get caught up. Bran has made it as far as he does in the books so far. This means that he's supposed to be in 'training' during this season or something...

Level 15
I'm at episode 4 of season 5, btw, so I appreciate it that you guys use the spoiler tags.

I still believe that Daenerys will fall, sooner or later. She might have her heart at the right place at times, but she lacks the qualifications, a true leader needs.
She said "I'm no politician, I'm a queen." at one point. She is extremely naive if she actually believes that she could run an empire without any political abilities. She has made too many wrong decisions. Her little realm of the "free people" will fall, it's inevitable. There's absolutely no way a person like her could rule Westeros for a longer time. She has even lost control over her dragons. Everything she has fought for, everything she has built will collapse because of her being unable to rule, in my opinion.

Who need qualifications when you have three dragons - Did you see the size of that dragon skull in season 1? :) But her lover is right, "all rulers are either butchers or meat" and we'll find out what she is in the coming episodes.

Besides, she has proven time and time again that she can lead, frankly with more clarity then any other faction, especially when you think about were she came from and her lack of experience.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Who need qualifications when you have three dragons - Did you see the size of that dragon skull in season 1? :) But her lover is right, "all rulers are either butchers or meat" and we'll find out what she is in the coming episodes.

Besides, she has proven time and time again that she can lead, frankly with more clarity then any other faction, especially when you think about were she came from and her lack of experience.

You should take a look at Season Four and Five. Trust me.

Level 21
The Grrm Reaper moves at his own pace. My guess is next book will come out around 2016/17/18. Until then maybe you could read the smaller books set in Game of Thrones like Tales of Drunken Egg, The Princes and the Queen and The Rogue Prince. Or Wheel of Time now that will keep you occupied for a long time.

Level 9
The Grrm Reaper moves at his own pace. My guess is next book will come out around 2016/17/18. Until then maybe you could read the smaller books set in Game of Thrones like Tales of Drunken Egg, The Princes and the Queen and The Rogue Prince. Or Wheel of Time now that will keep you occupied for a long time.

unfortunately, i have read all of this and even reread book 1 and in book 2 atm, so i'm just kinda stuck right now.

Level 14
Dat last episode though. Shit just got real. Damn.

Agreed. I was getting sick of them showing a small clip of each story without anything significant happening. The last episode was pretty sweet.

The whole scene with the wights at Hardhome was pretty amazing, I actually like the fact that they had this happen like this since in the books no one important ever goes there. You only know that something bad happened there so this was a great way to show what could have happened.. Valyrian steel ftw

Level 14
Fucking Boltons. I hope Stannis burns them all at a stake. I hate Ramsey Bolton much more than any other character before.

I agree. I thought I couldn't hate any character as much as I hated that little inbred bastard, Joffrey. Ramsey is so so much worse.

Level 39
I like Ramsay's acting, but there better be some sweet justice heading his way SOON. I'm getting sick of the bad guys ALWAYS winning on this show. At this point it seems like they're just doing it to be edgy. Sure it's realistic that the bad guys win sometimes, but sometimes the good guys win too damn it.

Level 9
Well i hated Joffrey, Tywin and Cersei the most, but after watching episode 8... I hate white walkers and wights the most now. Weird how people say that episode 8 was the best episode in season 5, but i dont agree. The scene where the white walkers and wights attack and kill so many wildlings was so sad and terrifying, but i mean the place and there being so many wildings already it showed its pretty obvious something insane is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.