[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > StarCraft II > Modifications Development & Presentation

Modifications Development & Presentation Showcase your StarCraft II map or mod to get constructive criticism, new ideas and maybe even people to work with! Whenever possible, recruit your personnel inside the thread or through visitor or private messages!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered User Bibendus
User

Bibendus has little to show at this moment (43)Bibendus has little to show at this moment (43)Bibendus has little to show at this moment (43)Bibendus has little to show at this moment (43)Bibendus has little to show at this moment (43)
And the new version with the trap system is finally out ;)
I really need a lot of testers so I can fix some bugs and then start with the multiplayer version!
Enjoy

Here is the complete changelog:

CHANGES
o Trap system implemented. Workshops can now be used to research and craft traps for your hive.
o Added 3 new traps: Spore Cannon, Gas Trap and Barricade
o Added a new keeper's spell researchable in the library: Sight of Evil
o Added level 2 upgrades for all available spells
o Added "charge" ability to aberrations: charges an enemy dealing damage to all the enemies on the path
o Added "concussive shot" ability to marauders: deals high damage and temporary disable traps
o Added "eviscerate" ability to zerglings and pygalisks: deals bleeding damage to an enemy target over time
o Added "cleave" ability to pygalisks: deals damage in a frontal cone
o Added "venomous spine" ability to hydralisks: deals damage over time and slows enemy targets
o Reduced mana generated by conquered tiles
o Increased spell research bonus affected by creature level
o Dirt tiles life slightly decreased
o Reinforced tiles life greatly increased
o Spawn drone can now be casted on neutral territory
o Increased hero waves difficulty to balance the new traps placement
o Increased amount of waves to 15
o Heroes will now drop minerals on death
o Disabled the mouse drag box when not needed
o ESC button now closes the research menu
o Opening the research menu with M will now show the previously selected research tree
o Changed research tabs order in the research menu to reflect the same order in the game UI
o Addedd UI button to open the research menu

BUG FIX
o Fixed a bug that freezed tasks on tiles when an assigned drone died
o Fixed a bug that sometimes freezed creatures AI after a fight
o Fixed a bug that didn't limit the amount of drones that can dig a tile from one side
o Fixed bug that didn't remove resources on rooms usage
o Fixed bug that kept creatures sleeping after a grab/drop
o Fixed trigger error happening with units using small rooms
o Fixed double click behavior on the main UI tabs
o Fixed the guard room requirement tooltip for hydralisks
Old 04-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #62 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Statharas
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)
Statharas.903 (EU)
I am up for it.

The hive dying? Blergh, it's getting reanimated.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered User Skycraft
<("<) (>")>

Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)Skycraft is a glorious beacon of light (560)
This looks a lot more like DK2 than DK1.
I hated DK2.

But I wish you good luck with the project.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered User Bibendus
User

Bibendus has little to show at this moment (43)Bibendus has little to show at this moment (43)Bibendus has little to show at this moment (43)Bibendus has little to show at this moment (43)Bibendus has little to show at this moment (43)
On these days I released a lot of patches, the project is still alive and kicking.
If you want to try the map single or multiplayer search for Hive Keeper on b.net EU or NA servers.
Here is a gameplay footage I recorded

YouTube Movie
Old 08-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #65 (permalink)
Webmaster Ralle
Bsc. Computer Science

Chieftain

Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)
Merit Badge - Level 1: Grand Designer: This user is contributing in the technical aspect of the Hiveworkshop, offering additional utility to its users. 
I need to try this map!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered User Bibendus
User

With the last couple of patches I'm getting closer to the release of the game, for this reason I decided to drastically increase the map version and to merge the 2 map versions (single and multiplayer) into one called "Hive Keeper" only, you can find it on b.net EU and NA.
Possession is finally out (in a preview form) and really looks great, specially with the new textures I made for wall tiles.

Changelog for versions 0.90 and 0.91

CHANGES
o New spell available: Possession (partially implemented)
o New multiplayer map added: Underground Bunker
o Overall traps mineral costs reduced
o Improved tiles textures
o Improved game lighting
o Gas traps and scourgeling nests are now hidden until they start attacking

BUG FIX
o Fixed a textures glitch that was causing dirt and rock tiles to appear pink on low graphic settings
o Fixed a bug that was blocking traps research
o Fixed a bug that could cause the stop of mouse cursor changing
Old 02-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #67 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Deolrin
Heavy... And metal.

Resource Moderator

Deolrin has a brilliant future (1889)Deolrin has a brilliant future (1889)Deolrin has a brilliant future (1889)
Looks interesting. :)
Last time I played, it seemed very incomplete. Lots of stuff was missing, the tooltips were strange, etc. I'm looking forward to try this out again later.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #68 (permalink)
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (437)
You do realize that possession with those large objects in the rooms will be way too annoying for the player?

Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #69 (permalink)
Webmaster Ralle
Bsc. Computer Science

Chieftain

Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)Ralle has been here far too long (3275)
Merit Badge - Level 1: Grand Designer: This user is contributing in the technical aspect of the Hiveworkshop, offering additional utility to its users. 
I miss Dungeon Keeper. I hope this will be awesome :)

Old 02-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered User Bibendus
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statharas View Post
You do realize that possession with those large objects in the rooms will be way too annoying for the player?
Even the original game had that, btw the height of the camera depends on the creature height and I took control of a drone in the screenshot.
The bigger is the creature the less you should be bothered by room forniture!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered User andreasaspenberg
User

andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (73)andreasaspenberg is on a distinguished road (73)
the real dungeon keeper have been ported to newer software so it can be played in modern systems but, it still requires the original game. i have now tested it and it have some problems. creatures leave because they cant sleep properly(there isnt such a thing in the dungeon keeper games), some creatures have problems with getting food despite there being plenty in the hatchery, the drones stop working if the treasury is full and they keep gathering minerals, there isnt any tooltips when mousing over stuff(there is in dungeon keeper), the worst issue however is that the script break after playing for about 2 hours and then i cant do anything. another issue is that digging isnt the default action but slapping is.(in dungeon keeper they both are.) it did however feel like dungeon keeper, just get those bugs fixed. another problem is that research isnt automatic but everything is chosen from a research menu.(it is automatic in dungeon keeper.)

Last edited by andreasaspenberg; 03-10-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered User Bibendus
User

I was finally able to finish the total UI rework, the new version is published on all b.net servers!
There are so many new features that I can't list all of them, just check these screenshots and try the map.

Full Changelog:

CHANGES
o Game UI completely remade, the work is not complete yet but it already include improvements and new features
o Improved drones AI, close tasks will now be priorized
o Army UI moved in the bottom part of the screen under the Army Panel Tab
o It is now possible to remove the current selected tool by pressing the ESC key or by pressing the right mouse button
o It is now possible to quickly delete alerts by right clicking on the respective icons

BUG FIX
o Removed visibility for enemy treasury minerals
Old 06-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #73 (permalink)
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

Hope the UI is still animated.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered User Bibendus
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statharas View Post
Hope the UI is still animated.
Nope... I was already able to do something behiond my artistic skills, I can't push it further :P
Old 06-25-2013, 12:52 AM   #75 (permalink)
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

You only had to modify the model, though.

Closed Thread